Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else see that dude rush the floor? For a home win against umsl.

Comment

• What was wrong with Josh Price?

Comment

• Originally posted by HoosierDaddy View Post
        What was wrong with Josh Price?
        One of our friends went to the varsity club room after the game and coach Watson said he just wasn't playing well and was getting beat by their guards.

Comment

• Originally posted by WalkerEaglefan83 View Post

One of our friends went to the varsity club room after the game and coach Watson said he just wasn't playing well and was getting beat by their guards.
          An example of Watson getting in the way...he seems to coach teams into losses,..too many to count over the years he cannot help himself...he was lucky today

Comment

• Last several games have been uncomfortably close, but USI is currently riding the longest win streak in the region (tied with Findlay). Two extremely tough games remain which give USI a chance to really prove themselves. Two losses wouldn't end the season, but it sure would look good to have at least one win against one of these teams. Win out and I'd argue they have a chance at #1 in the region. That would give them splits against BU, UIndy, UMSL, SBU, along with having beaten Truman and Drury in their only matchup.

Comment

• Originally posted by schnautza View Post
              Last several games have been uncomfortably close, but USI is currently riding the longest win streak in the region (tied with Findlay). Two extremely tough games remain which give USI a chance to really prove themselves. Two losses wouldn't end the season, but it sure would look good to have at least one win against one of these teams. Win out and I'd argue they have a chance at #1 in the region. That would give them splits against BU, UIndy, UMSL, SBU, along with having beaten Truman and Drury in their only matchup.
              If they win out (including GLVC tourney) there would not be much too argue, USI definitely would be No. 1 seed. I guess the question would be if they win both regular season games would it matter what they did in the GLVC tourney? I think to be sure, USI would need to get further in the GLVC then Indy.

Comment

• I think I would agree with that. Though that also depends on what happens in the final games for UMSL, Truman, and BU.

Comment

• Looking at stats ahead of tonight's BU/USI game. BU seems to hold a slight edge on most categories, but USI is dominating on the rebounding. Little and Price account for about 25 rebounds per game, and the rest of the team goes for about 16. Neither team will want to be sending the other to the line for free throws. Keeping turnovers and fouls under control while maintaining the rebounding edge will be the key to beating BU tonight. If Price or Little end up with a couple fouls in the opening minutes, it's gonna be a rough game - we absolutely need their presence and physicality in this game.

BU's strengths:
                  Scoring Defense - #7 BU (63.7) to #54 USI (69.9)
                  FG% - #4 BU (53.0) to #50 USI (48.1)
                  3FG% - #25 BU (39.9) to #71 USI (37.4)
                  3FG/game - #196 BU (7.6) to #275 USI (6.3)
                  FT% - #18 BU (78.3) to #37 USI (76.9)
                  Assists/g - #20 BU (17.0) to #150 USI (13.5)
                  TO/g - #65 BU (12.2) to #123 USI (13.0)
                  TO margin - #18 BU (3.9) to #170 USI (-0.1)
                  A/TO ratio - #21 BU (1.39) to #128 USI (1.04)
                  Steals/g - #83 BU (7.3) to #188 USI (6.0)
                  PF/g - #21 BU (14.7) to #92 USI (16.6)

USI's strengths:
                  Rebound/g - #15 USI (40.96) to #278 BU (32.04)
                  Dreb/g - #4 USI (29.77) to #242 BU (24.20)
                  Oreb/g - #85 USI (11.19) to #271 BU (7.84)
                  Rebound margin - #5 USI (9.0) to #44 BU (4.8)
                  FG% Defense - #13 USI (41.0) to #86 BU (43.4)
                  3FG% Defense - #34 USI (32.5) to #141 BU (34.8)
                  Scoring Offense - #68 USI (81.0) to #117 BU (77.8)
                  Blocks/g - #77 USI (3.5) to #80 BU (3.4)

Individual players in rankings

For USI:
                  Mateo Rivera - #100 A/TO ratio (2.0), #223 Assist/g (3.3), #231 Dreb/g (4.75)
                  Emmanuel Little - #65 Reb/g (8.3), #47 Dreb/g (6.31), #72 Total Reb (215), #150 FG% (49.9), #206 ppg (16.0), #123 Total FGA (347), #94 Total FGM (173), #205 Total Points (416)
                  Josh Price - #112 Reb/g (7.6), #109 Dreb/g (5.54), #208 OReb/g (2.08), #122 Total Reb (198), #12 FG% (62.5), #239 FTA (110), #232 FTM (81), #151 Total Blocks (25)

For BU:
                  Dylan Penn - #45 FG% (56.4)
                  Alex Cook - #68 FG% (54.3), #158 FTA (123), #76 FTM (112), #9 FT% (91.1), #206 ppg (16.0), #243 Total Points (400)
                  Ben Weyer - #181 3FG/g (2.3)

Comment

• Comment

• Superman came in and put a coaching beat down on Rodney. If Rod hung around for the 1995 celebration he was, at best, the 4th best coach in the arena.

Comment

• I dont think it's an exaggeration to say the entire postseason is on the line on this next game. Hope Watson has really done his homework and the big men really show up and can stay out of foul trouble.

Comment

• Bigs will have to play well for us to win. Bellarmine is soft in the middle, but they collapse on defense and their smalls rebound pretty well. It would help if anyone on our team could consistently hit a 3 to prevent their smalls from helping out, but we couldn't do that in the first two games. We can't get behind early, since our team doesnt shoot threes well and we're not set up to play from behind. I'm hoping that the officials grow a pair and hit Scotty D with a few technicals in his last game in D2. They don't have to be scared of him anymore since Bell is moving on.

Comment

• Originally posted by schnautza View Post
                            I dont think it's an exaggeration to say the entire postseason is on the line on this next game. Hope Watson has really done his homework and the big men really show up and can stay out of foul trouble.
                            I think BU and USI need to be rooting like hell for GVSU to win the GLIAC.

If GVSU wins the GLIAC tournament, probably the loser of the BU v. USI game is still in the NCAA.

GVSU's game against Michigan Tech has all kinds of ramifications. If GVSU losses that game, the loser of the BU -USI game is probably out.
                            Last edited by Knightmoves; 03-06-2020, 11:32 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by USI!USI! View Post
                              Bigs will have to play well for us to win. Bellarmine is soft in the middle, but they collapse on defense and their smalls rebound pretty well. It would help if anyone on our team could consistently hit a 3 to prevent their smalls from helping out, but we couldn't do that in the first two games. We can't get behind early, since our team doesnt shoot threes well and we're not set up to play from behind. I'm hoping that the officials grow a pair and hit Scotty D with a few technicals in his last game in D2. They don't have to be scared of him anymore since Bell is moving on.
                              Credit to Laravie for being the one to step up and fill that key role tonight. It was a tough game at both ends, and that win tonight was just what we need to keep our heads above water. First half was amazing we were still hanging with them, given 15 turnovers, but they got that under control in the 2nd half and Mateo started playing better too

Comment

• Ready to watch the Eagles make a run in the tourney.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X