Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dont forget that USI took UE to OT, so that means USI could beat UK too! (Because the transitive property never fails!)

Comment

• Originally posted by schnautza View Post
      Dont forget that USI took UE to OT, so that means USI could beat UK too! (Because the transitive property never fails!)
      LOL, I know you might as well move up and win the Big Dance.

Comment

• Based on the way the Eagles are playing (which I think has been very good), I'm not sure Kobe and Matteo make the team play better. They would make the team deeper which is a great thing. I love the way this team attacks the basket. Also the way this years team and last years teams play defense shows how right many on the board were about the weak defense USI played three years ago. I am very excited about this team!

Comment

• Big win for the USI women against Central Missouri.

Comment

• Great to see Wesleyan coming back to campus. I'm sure there are nuances in scheduling I don't understand, but we should play them home and home every year. It would be a good gate and in region games for both. No matter the status of each program when played it would be two games to circle when schedules come out. I'm sure more excited about seeing any Wesleyan team then some NAIA team we've never heard of.

Comment

• Originally posted by WalkerEaglefan83 View Post
              Great to see Wesleyan coming back to campus. I'm sure there are nuances in scheduling I don't understand, but we should play them home and home every year. It would be a good gate and in region games for both. No matter the status of each program when played it would be two games to circle when schedules come out. I'm sure more excited about seeing any Wesleyan team then some NAIA team we've never heard of.

Comment

• Walker, KWC is no longer the big gate that it used to be. Tonight will be a good gate because of the fact it is the first Men's game in the new arena. I doubt many KWC fans will make the trip as this is the worst KWC team in a LONG time.

It will be interesting to see the attendance tonight, that is for sure!

Originally posted by WalkerEaglefan83 View Post
                Great to see Wesleyan coming back to campus. I'm sure there are nuances in scheduling I don't understand, but we should play them home and home every year. It would be a good gate and in region games for both. No matter the status of each program when played it would be two games to circle when schedules come out. I'm sure more excited about seeing any Wesleyan team then some NAIA team we've never heard of.

Comment

• Side note: the tickets USI provided to KWC for sale to our season ticket holders were a joke. They were a hodgepodge of different locations in the arena. I won't be using them anyway, but the best pair we could get would have had my wife and I sitting in different rows, one behind the other. Way to continue to be a class act, USI.

Comment

• I have to admit, the KWC team that showed up last night looked a heck of a lot better than the KWC fans on have been describing. I'm sure they won't have many lapses like the 2nd half 30-1 run that USI took, so I expect them to make a little more noise this year.

First half, I thought our shooters were not being very smart on shot selection, particularly on jacking up every 3 they could get early on the shot clock. I'll bet Watson ripped them a new one at the half. 2nd half, they sure reacted. Glad to see halftime adjustments and most importantly the win on the home/arena opener against a longtime rival. Let's hope we don't fall into our usual "play to the level of our competition" tonight against OVU.

Comment

• The issue so far with our team has been that the "30-1 lapses" have outnumbered the halves like the first half last night. Maybe not as much as a 30-1 run but we have spells where we simply cannot score for 5 minutes, 10 minutes of game time. That's why last night's 63 points is the most we've scored all season. That being said, the first half from last night does give a glimpse of how we CAN play, which gives me a glimmer of hope for the rest of the season. Hope that I quite frankly had little to none of going into the game last night.

Comment

• The effort was there last night, your guards are solid. I think the 7 point trip down the floor for the Eagles really turned the game. Honestly I do not believe that #15 intentionally elbowed Little, I think he was getting his arms out and at 7'2" his arms were right at the level of Little's face.

Not sure why the Coach got T'd up either, he wasn't very animated on the sideline and didn't seem to be arguing...but he must have said the magic word!

Originally posted by kdubnation View Post
                        The issue so far with our team has been that the "30-1 lapses" have outnumbered the halves like the first half last night. Maybe not as much as a 30-1 run but we have spells where we simply cannot score for 5 minutes, 10 minutes of game time. That's why last night's 63 points is the most we've scored all season. That being said, the first half from last night does give a glimpse of how we CAN play, which gives me a glimmer of hope for the rest of the season. Hope that I quite frankly had little to none of going into the game last night.

Comment

• Yeah I saw that play on the video feed and couldn't believe they called him for a flagrant. All he did is raise his arms like anyone else would do to get in position for a rebound. I guess if you're over a certain height you just have to keep your arms at your sides. That was a ridiculous call but on par with what I would expect from GLVC refs.

Comment

• Does anyone else miss Stein? Watching USI play makes me think anyone can play at the D2 level (and coach at D2 lvl).

Comment

• Originally posted by watsonslawnmower View Post
                              Does anyone else miss Stein? Watching USI play makes me think anyone can play at the D2 level (and coach at D2 lvl).
                              Hello and welcome to the USI thread watsonslawnmower, like how usi will mow over the competition this year!

Comment

• Originally posted by SonOfMafia View Post
                                The effort was there last night, your guards are solid. I think the 7 point trip down the floor for the Eagles really turned the game. Honestly I do not believe that #15 intentionally elbowed Little, I think he was getting his arms out and at 7'2" his arms were right at the level of Little's face.

Not sure why the Coach got T'd up either, he wasn't very animated on the sideline and didn't seem to be arguing...but he must have said the magic word!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X