Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They passed on Gordon who dedicated over 22 yrs at usi and was a good faculty athletics rep. He was recently named President at Stephen F Austin.

Comment

• Originally posted by DJ Silky Panties View Post
      They passed on Gordon who dedicated over 22 yrs at usi and was a good faculty athletics rep. He was recently named President at Stephen F Austin.
      I wonder why??

Comment

• RIP President Dave Rice....if he would have stayed on and not retired in early to mid 90s USI would have been D1....he knew athletics would drive growth....unlike all the jokers we have had since Rice.

Comment

• Ugly win tonight against a team that we should have beaten by 15 or more. Part of the issues were the refs and I don't often complain about officials, but tonight they were abysmal; 6 fouls on our bigs in the first five minutes..WOW! I again thought that we were outcoached and we were sloppy with the ball...too many mystery passes. Nevertheless, the Eagles won and the women one as well.

Comment

• Gordon is in a better place now. He would have been good for USI because he actually had a passion for the university. Alphabet Bennett and Robama are duds and only care about themselves and THEIR legacy.

Robama only cares about minority enrollment and a "culture of attendance" for basketball games. Just goes to show anyone can earn a PhD.

Originally posted by DJ Silky Panties View Post
            They passed on Gordon who dedicated over 22 yrs at usi and was a good faculty athletics rep. He was recently named President at Stephen F Austin.

Comment

• USI has ultimate chance to pounce to get support, etc....UE is a train wreck and hired Lickliter....USI if it had vision would have joined the Horizon or OVC and go D1, but that will never happen as the administration and past several have not had the vision to move this university to the next level.

Comment

• A pair of cheap technicals seemed to seal the deal on this loss. I'm not sure I've seen a game yet this semester that the officiating wasn't in the way of the game. Just let the boys play ball!

Comment

• Laravie and Little have got to produce....they look disinterested...talent of the top 7 is there with Caldwell back but the coaching must improve and there has to be a sense of desperation relayed to this team as they end the season.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by HoosierDaddy View Post
                      Without Mateo and Caldwell I believe this might not be a good season. Need Mateo at pt guard. Need Caldwell to take pressure off Little and also he is able to create his own shot. GLVC might be kind of whacky with a 4 loss team maybe winning the conference.

I will bring this Dec 4 post back up again....guess I am getting close to my prediction of the 4 loss team

Comment

• The losses this year...McKendree just a complete lack of putting that game away, USI dominated first half and looked uninterested second half

SW Baptist at home...out coached in a close game. USI has more talent and Little will not play as bad ever again. Caldwell, as he gets healthier if we play again, will be a huge factor

Uindy at Indy...home team wins, USI had lead in first half. USI at home should even this out.

Bellarmine home..we seem to play Bellarmine really well or clueless...clueless prevails in this game.

UMSL away...we should have beaten them. Again the LIttle factor, when he plays near his averages are above we will win. Caldwell getting healthier and the big men Price and Dancy need to keep banging.

GLVC no one is even close to being heads above the rest in this league.

Comment

• You are right - none of the 5 losses were really THAT bad and none of them were ever "unwinnable". I like our chances against all of them in a rematch; we've already avenged the McK loss, and we get another chance against UIndy, BU, and UMSL. I'm honestly a little more worried about Springfield than any of them as they seem to suddenly be clicking and taking down some of the better teams.

Comment

• The GLVC points rating system has USI currently in 6th with a razor thin margin of 0.03 points to 4th place (tied UIndy and Truman) and only 0.07 points to 3rd (SBU). The league looks to be wide open yet.

Comment

• BU has now lost 6 of their last 8 games. Seems that the wheels are falling off over there. Yet they still received enough votes to be 1st team outside of the top 25.

USI on the other hand is now on a bit of a hot streak, winning 9 of their last 10 games but they haven't gotten any love from the polls since the week after 3-game skid against BU, Indy, and SBU. (I still can't figure out why they lingered in the polls another week only to drop out entirely the next week after they picked up a pair of road wins...)

Can they add another W on Saturday? This will be their biggest chance to make a huge statement. In fact, if USI can manage to win out this season (unlikely, yes. but impossible? No) then there could be a strong argument for regional hosting rights. If they can manage that, they will have split with BU, UIndy, UMSL, SBU, and beat Truman, Rockhurst and Drury...all of the top half of the league.

Comment

• I am seeing Caldwell start to unwind and not be scared of the Achilles. Price can be dominant if he stays focused...and I love the guards, plus Little if he can say consistent he will be hard to handle...now if Rodney stays out of the way this team has a great opportunity to do things.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X