Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saginaw Valley's leading scorer from last season, Myles Belyeu, has committed to USI.

From https://www.courierpress.com/story/s...eu/5069634001/

"Belyeu started in all 17 games he played as a junior and averaged a team-high 17.5 points along with 4.1 rebounds and 1.7 assists. He also shot 43 percent from the field and 36 percent from 3-point. He scored a career-high 35 points in a GLIAC tourney upset victory over Wayne State.

The Trotwood, Ohio native is a two-time All-GLIAC selection. He also surpassed the 1,000-point scoring plateau during his sophomore season in which he averaged a team-high 21 points and 7.3 rebounds."

Comment

• That's huge getting a good team's leading scorer.

I cant imagine everyone in the portal getting what they want, especially since there are a lot of returning seniors for next season. This will likely trickle down to the NAIA getting a lot of these transfers.

Comment

• I think there will be a lot of scrambling soon for spots on rosters from this portal....and on the other side coaches making decisions on players on the current roster, I believe scholarships renew annually, so some may be forced into the portal on current rosters.

Comment

• Have the number of scholarships allowed been increased for this season? Seems like in past seasons it's been 10 scholarships for D2 and 13 for D1.

These are unusual times for sure. I think we'll see completely full rosters this season and possibly teams that bring back their seniors and sit tight with last season's lineup. I see one womens team in particular that might be doing this. That would certainly save on recruiting expenses.

Comment

• Strange...I just saw the announcement of new signing...then looked at 2021-2022 roster and his name is on it so the roster looks updated, but also Little is back on roster as a Grad student....what did I miss?

Comment

• Originally posted by HoosierDaddy View Post
              Strange...I just saw the announcement of new signing...then looked at 2021-2022 roster and his name is on it so the roster looks updated, but also Little is back on roster as a Grad student....what did I miss?
              Little is not on the roster today. They must have still been updating?

Comment

• Schedule is up!
                The nonconference portion is :
                Auburn exhibition
                two underwhelming home games (Oakland City and Loras College)
                and 4 road games, Cedarville, KWC, Northwood, and GVSU. The two GLIAC games look pretty good - not super thrilled about the other two, but maybe KWC is ready to step up again?

Comment

• Originally posted by schnautza View Post
                  Schedule is up!
                  The nonconference portion is :
                  Auburn exhibition
                  two underwhelming home games (Oakland City and Loras College)
                  and 4 road games, Cedarville, KWC, Northwood, and GVSU. The two GLIAC games look pretty good - not super thrilled about the other two, but maybe KWC is ready to step up again?
                  KWC will be a fight. USI still the clear favorite, but KWC could surprise some and keep it fairly close.

Comment

• Originally posted by Uindy18 View Post

KWC will be a fight. USI still the clear favorite, but KWC could surprise some and keep it fairly close.
                    I hope so. I sure miss that tension with the rivalry.
                    I may be misremembering Northwood as well - looks like last season was not good for them, but Cedarville was respectable. So I guess those could go either way.

A little surprising that we only have three home games first semester...and two are against duds. Perhaps not the best way to get people engaged in the program?

Comment

• Originally posted by schnautza View Post

I hope so. I sure miss that tension with the rivalry.
                      I may be misremembering Northwood as well - looks like last season was not good for them, but Cedarville was respectable. So I guess those could go either way.

A little surprising that we only have three home games first semester...and two are against duds. Perhaps not the best way to get people engaged in the program?
                      I think the scheduling still has a lot to due with COVID and budgets. Schools like USI were comfortable because of state backing, but had to buckle down. Scheduling Oakland City, KWC, and Cedarville is clearly them saying "we do not want to commit bigger money to longer trips on the back end of home/home agreements"

Comment

• I was only able to watch live stats last night on the Auburn exhibition, but it looks like this team has some real potential, aside from the scoreless last 9 minutes of the game. They really gave Auburn a run for their money for 3/4 of that game and at times looked like they were going to win.

Can't wait to see them play in person.

Comment

• First game...you could tell...lots of room to improve

Comment

First game...you could tell...lots of room to improve
                            Yeah, we all knew they would win this one, but they looked so sloppy doing so. Couldn't hit a layup even when wide open - they need to slow down and take the extra second or make the extra pass to really be a good team. I'm hoping this was just a case of playing down to their opponent and Stan will whip them into shape. Gonna lose a lot of GLVC games looking like last night's squad.

Comment

• That club I watched last night is a .500 at best club on the season...potential but very undisciplined and just too many substitutions...get the core 8-9 and let them play

Comment

That club I watched last night is a .500 at best club on the season...potential but very undisciplined and just too many substitutions...get the core 8-9 and let them play
                                Agree, did not like the substitution routine at all. Overall it was disappointing performance.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X