Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best and Worst Coaches of the GLVC (Limit one Watson bashing Post)

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best and Worst Coaches of the GLVC (Limit one Watson bashing Post)

I know I am asking for it, but was curious how everyone would rate the coaches, seriously. We all know where Watson would end up (although personally I wouldn't put him at the absolute bottom.) As far as the best, being a BU fan I of course lean towards Scotty, but that I understand is some bias involved as there is very good argument for Hesser. My list of top 5:

1. Davenport, BU
    2. Hesser, DU
    3. Reigel, UWP
    4. Carroll, Maryville
    5. Deiner, Rockhurst

The worst 5, I don't even bother with names just schools:

1. UMSL
    2. UIS
    3. USI
    4. WJC (ok, controversial because Holley has been there so long and has so many wins, but its time to hang it up!)
    5.S&T

Re: Best and Worst Coaches of the GLVC (Limit one Watson bashing Post)

Originally posted by KnightStalker View Post
    I know I am asking for it, but was curious how everyone would rate the coaches, seriously. We all know where Watson would end up (although personally I wouldn't put him at the absolute bottom.) As far as the best, being a BU fan I of course lean towards Scotty, but that I understand is some bias involved as there is very good argument for Hesser. My list of top 5:

1. Davenport, BU
    2. Hesser, DU
    3. Reigel, UWP
    4. Carroll, Maryville
    5. Deiner, Rockhurst

The worst 5, I don't even bother with names just schools:

1. UMSL
    2. UIS
    3. USI
    4. WJC (ok, controversial because Holley has been there so long and has so many wins, but its time to hang it up!)
    5.S&T
    5 Best
    1. Davenport, Bellarmine
    2. Hesser, Drury
    3. Reigel, UW-Parkside
    4. Foster, Truman State
    5. Gouard, Indianapolis

5 Worst
    1. William Jewell
    2. UM-St. Louis
    3. Missouri S&T
    4. Illinois-Springfield
    5. Lewis

Yes, I have the Lewis coach as one of the worst bench coaches. He is also not a great recruiter despite having the Chicago area as his base. Lewis could and should be much better than they are under Trost. Yes, he has won some games, but Lewis always manages to find a way to lose in the regionals.

The Truman State coach is doing a very good job. I'm biased toward Stan Gouard even if I don't always agree with his in-game coaching decisions. I remained neutral on Watson since I am keeping an open mind on him, hoping the USI season goes well.

Comment

Originally posted by EaglesPride View Post
      5 Best
      1. Davenport, Bellarmine
      2. Hesser, Drury
      3. Reigel, UW-Parkside
      4. Foster, Truman State
      5. Gouard, Indianapolis

5 Worst
      1. William Jewell
      2. UM-St. Louis
      3. Missouri S&T
      4. Illinois-Springfield
      5. Lewis

Yes, I have the Lewis coach as one of the worst bench coaches. He is also not a great recruiter despite having the Chicago area as his base. Lewis could and should be much better than they are under Trost. Yes, he has won some games, but Lewis always manages to find a way to lose in the regionals.

The Truman State coach is doing a very good job. I'm biased toward Stan Gouard even if I don't always agree with his in-game coaching decisions. I remained neutral on Watson since I am keeping an open mind on him, hoping the USI season goes well.
      Good point on Lewis. They really should do better with their recruiting territory. Also true about TSU. I was debating about putting Foster in there. I am rather neutral about Gouard. Good recruiter, plays a good style but just missing something as far as bench coach. Needs to do better in regional (now you could say that about Reigel too but I think he has less to work with than Gouard.)

Comment

Best
        1. Hesser, DU (gets the nod over Scotty by head to head record)
        2. Davenport, BU
        3. Foster, TU
        4. Reigel, UWP
        5. Gouard, UIndy
        Carroll, MU would be next on my list.

Also, I'll take this opportunity to point out (again) that Hesser, in his 10th season in the league, HAS NEVER BEEN VOTED COACH OF THE YEAR IN THE GLVC. The other coaches in this league that allow this to happen should be ashamed of themselves.

Worst
        1. Glash, S&T
        2. Glash, S&T
        3. Glash, S&T (he's so bad he gets the top 3 spots - might be the worst D2 coach in the country)
        4. Holley (was once a good coach, needs to hang it up)
        5. Watson (no coach in the conf. has under-performed more given the program he's at)

Comment

Originally posted by DUPanther View Post
          Best
          1. Hesser, DU (gets the nod over Scotty by head to head record)
          2. Davenport, BU
          3. Foster, TU
          4. Reigel, UWP
          5. Gouard, UIndy
          Carroll, MU would be next on my list.

Also, I'll take this opportunity to point out (again) that Hesser, in his 10th season in the league, HAS NEVER BEEN VOTED COACH OF THE YEAR IN THE GLVC. The other coaches in this league that allow this to happen should be ashamed of themselves.

Worst
          1. Glash, S&T
          2. Glash, S&T
          3. Glash, S&T (he's so bad he gets the top 3 spots - might be the worst D2 coach in the country)
          4. Holley (was once a good coach, needs to hang it up)
          5. Watson (no coach in the conf. has under-performed more given the program he's at)
          How does Glash keep his job? He has been there 8 years and they just stink. Isn't he the one with the odd on-court antics as well or is that UIS? I think he was the one who did not go into the locker room at halftime when they played BU here. Just an odd duck. Now that I look at it my worst five is really in reverse order. S&T should be the worst, then WJC, USI, UIS and UMSL. USI and UMSL make the list just because they really should be doing more with the programs they have due to tradition and the recruiting base.

Comment

I really do think Watson is a pretty good Xs & Os coach. He is a lazy recruiter. Has used hiring of assistant coaches to recruit players and some non qualified players have just fell into his lap. Last year's deaf player did not work out and it hurt and it has not happened this year. I think by January the PAC will be empty.

I would watch a Davenport team just to see how they play the game. That is not true for many coaches.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
            Working...
            X