Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GLIAC Women's Tournament - GVSU

So Ashland commentators on the GVSU-Ferris semifinal game thinks that GV women are gonna sneak in the MW Region as the 8 seed. They were ranked #5 last week, Tech lost to Ferris in the first round of the GLIAC tournament (was the #4 seed), and GV still has a chance to win the GLIAC tourney tomorrow.

Not sure what they were thinking or looking at (even though they're students in the Ashland communications department), maybe a bit of research to see where everyone was? You're not telling me the #5 ranked team last week is going to slip all the way to #8 after winning 2 games in their conference tournament (with the possibility of beating the #1 team in the nation and winning the conference tournament).

Not sure if it was a mistake, but I found it really interesting they though GV would slip to the 8 line and have a first round match up with Ashland in the NCAA tournament.

Re: GLIAC Women's Tournament - GVSU

Even though it looks like Ashland will win again, GVSU will probably end up around the 4 or 5 seed line. Tech could end up on the 8 line depending on GLVC and G-MAC tournament results

Comment

I actually won't be to surprised if gvsu ends up third.
      Ashland and Drury are locked 1-2

Next three will be Southern Indiana,Michigan Tech and GVSU in some order.

Hillsdale will be locked in at the 8th seed. They were not even in the picture before they made a run to win the GMAC

Comment

1 - Ashland
        2- Drury
        3 - Southern Indiana
        4 - Michigan Tech
        5 - Grand Valley State
        6 - Lewis
        7 - Findlay
        8 - Hillsdale

I really would like to know the committee's thought process on putting MTU at the 4 line over GV. The only way I think is the H2H. GV took Ashland to OT and made the GLIAC Championship Game interesting. Tech lost to a .500 Ferris team...

Glad GV gets to prove themselves vs. Tech coming up! Hopefully another shot at Ashland!

Go Lakers!

Comment

If they beat Tech on Friday, I'll be making the trip to Ashland on Saturday.

WTF were the Ashland commentators smoking when they mentioned about GV only getting an 8 seed? GV's six losses are to Ashland (three times), Michigan Tech (twice), and Southern Indiana, all of whom were seeded ahead of GV in the regional. They also own a win over Lewis.

Tech's H2H sweep of GV put them in the 4. If they had split, GV would have been 4 and Tech would have been 5 most likely. Tech was swept by Wayne (GV swept Wayne) and lost at home to Ferris (also, Tech only played Ashland once and that game wasn't even close).

Poor Hillsdale. Your prize for winning the GMAC tournament: A likely 40+ point loss to Ashland

Comment

Originally posted by bankslaker View Post
            1 - Ashland
            2- Drury
            3 - Southern Indiana
            4 - Michigan Tech
            5 - Grand Valley State
            6 - Lewis
            7 - Findlay
            8 - Hillsdale

I really would like to know the committee's thought process on putting MTU at the 4 line over GV. The only way I think is the H2H. GV took Ashland to OT and made the GLIAC Championship Game interesting. Tech lost to a .500 Ferris team...
            L
            Glad GV gets to prove themselves vs. Tech coming up! Hopefully another shot at Ashland!

Go Lakers!
            I assume same reason Indy took forever to jump above USI. Both teams lost to very good teams ending with nearly equal records. However tech was rated over lake all along. Lake lost to tech twice. Indy men lost to USI twice.

Comment

Interesting to me the committee went with Findlay over Cedarville. Cedarville won the GMAC regular season, and has been ranked ahead of Findlay in all the regional rankings. Findlay did beat Cedarville head to head both times, but if that mattered so much why was Cedarville ranked ahead of them in the last regional ranking?

Either way should be a great regional tournament in Ashland this weekend.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
              Working...
              X