Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wait til next year

Looking at next season in the region. (The regional set up tends to overshadow conference affiliations for those teams that are truly contenders to win the region). Ferris State is likely to be ranked #1 in the country to start the season. They are losing significant talent, but with Hankins returning, they will be the presumed favorite. They are losing 4 of their top players in minutes played, however. The biggest losses are Cushingberry and King. They play a bunch of people, however, and you would expect the younger guys to be better next season than this season. I wonder, however, how long they will be holding on to their coach. I gotta believe that some decent lower level d1 looking to fill a vacancy would take a serious look at Bronkema.

Bellarmine will probably be ranked deservedly in the top 5 at the begining of the year. Entire front court should be returning. Losing two guards, but there are already clearly established and very good replacements, plus may be getting a fifth year senior in Jenkins. Really no reason to think that BU won't be as good next year, if not better, as they were this year.

Findlay is losing Sullivan and Kimbrough and at least one other starter. They are well coached and always competitive, but based only upon returning players, they don't look to be a threat to win the region.

LSSU is losing most of their scoring punch. Not looking for them to be a threat, again based only on returning players.

Indy would be another team returning quite a bit of talent, plus getting back a very good player who was out the whole season. Probably a team to watch.

Re: Wait til next year

Originally posted by Knightmoves View Post
    Looking at next season in the region. (The regional set up tends to overshadow conference affiliations for those teams that are truly contenders to win the region). Ferris State is likely to be ranked #1 in the country to start the season. They are losing significant talent, but with Hankins returning, they will be the presumed favorite. They are losing 4 of their top players in minutes played, however. The biggest losses are Cushingberry and King. They play a bunch of people, however, and you would expect the younger guys to be better next season than this season. I wonder, however, how long they will be holding on to their coach. I gotta believe that some decent lower level d1 looking to fill a vacancy would take a serious look at Bronkema.

Bellarmine will probably be ranked deservedly in the top 5 at the begining of the year. Entire front court should be returning. Losing two guards, but there are already clearly established and very good replacements, plus may be getting a fifth year senior in Jenkins. Really no reason to think that BU won't be as good next year, if not better, as they were this year.

Findlay is losing Sullivan and Kimbrough and at least one other starter. They are well coached and always competitive, but based only upon returning players, they don't look to be a threat to win the region.

LSSU is losing most of their scoring punch. Not looking for them to be a threat, again based only on returning players.

Indy would be another team returning quite a bit of talent, plus getting back a very good player who was out the whole season. Probably a team to watch.
    And USI with Wod will suck! (oops forgot to switch to one of my dozen other usernames and say it in some unintelligible manner!)

Seriously though, I think you left out Drury. They had a lot of young talent and one of the top coaches in the region. I think they make a lot more noise next year.
    Last edited by KnightStalker; 03-23-2018, 12:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by KnightStalker View Post
      And USI with Wod will suck! (oops forgot to switch to one of my dozen other usernames and say it in some unintelligible manner!)

Seriously though, I think you left out Drury. They had a lot of young talent and one of the top coaches in the region. I think they make a lot more noise next year.

Comment

GLVC back in charge next year. Wod of course will be flipping channels on his couch.

1. Bellarmine
        2. Ferris
        3. Drury
        4. Lewis (returning solid players and adding a hell of a player from Parkside)
        5-8. Does it really matter?

Originally posted by KnightStalker View Post

Comment

Unless Mike Mullins has a few good
          referrals to pass along to Wod, then we will be worse than this year. Stein and Little are the only 2 we can count on for production. Mateo doesn't hurt you but he is never going to be much of a scorer, he wasn't at the high school level either. So unless we add 3 thumpers, which would be a modern day miracle for Wod, this is another lost season in the books.

Comment

Rumor has it that Hankins will be taking his talents to Xavier next year. I have heard it from several people. Bellarmine has to be the early favorite to host.

Comment

Originally posted by dabatl View Post
              Rumor has it that Hankins will be taking his talents to Xavier next year. I have heard it from several people. Bellarmine has to be the early favorite to host.

Comment

Sadly, I look for a repeat at USI of the past several seasons. We will beat up on some small, underfunded and undersized schools and then be relegated to the 'wait till next year' positon that we have held since the mistake from Carbondale arrived. I sat through the hard 1980's and early 90's, but our current situation is worst. Back then, USI at least saw the problem and tried to fix it!

Comment

BU has 3 solid recruits coming in, having Cook a full year, BU should be in great shape next year.

Comment

Originally posted by dabatl View Post
                    He is good enough to help any D1 team but I find it hard to believe that Xavier would be interested in him for one season, especially when he would have to sit out a year (unless the NCAA changes the transfer rule).
                    If you doubt he could play at that level, he had 12 pts, 8 rebounds, and 2 blocked shots in 26 minutes against Michigan State.

Comment

He is good enough to help any D1 team but I find it hard to believe that Xavier would be interested in him for one season, especially when he would have to sit out a year (unless the NCAA changes the transfer rule).
                      If you doubt he could play at that level, he had 12 pts, 8 rebounds, and 2 blocked shots in 26 minutes against Michigan State.
                      Last edited by glvcpro; 03-24-2018, 12:05 PM.

Comment

Speaking of D2 transfers to D1, Lewis transfer Max Struss led Depaul in scoring, almost 17 per game. Pretty much the same scoring as at Lewis.

Comment

Rajala had no choice as he was politely told to leave. And we quickly found out why because he was terrible.

Comment

Speaking of D2 transfers to D1, Lewis transfer Max Struss led Depaul in scoring, almost 17 per game. Pretty much the same scoring as at Lewis.
                            Yep, and also like at Lewis his shooting percentages weren't that great and he had barely more assists than turnovers. He's a high volume shooter.

Unlike at Lewis, though, he now has no chance to win. Winning the GLVC at Lewis in 2016 will be last time he ever wins anything unless he plays in a rec league at the Y in a few years.
                            Last edited by DUPanther; 03-24-2018, 02:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bkingbroker View Post
                              Rajala had no choice as he was politely told to leave. And we quickly found out why because he was terrible.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X