Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USI vs. Purdue game

Just a day from now USI takes on Purdue. My wife and I just arrived in West Lafayette early this evening and are thrilled about the season! I think USI plays it tight, takes good shots, and keeps it from being a blowout against the Boilermakers. I say Purdue 72, USI 58. Here is the Courier & Press preview:

http://www.courierpress.com/story/sp...tion/93063070/

Re: USI vs. Purdue game

Although I want to agree that USI can keep it close, I think the size of Purdue will be too much for USI. USI guards can and will hold their own against Purdue. Looking forward to seeing what Stein can do against this kind of athleticism and size. My prediction is Purdue 81 USI 59.

Comment

Originally posted by Canary3 View Post
      Although I want to agree that USI can keep it close, I think the size of Purdue will be too much for USI. USI guards can and will hold their own against Purdue. Looking forward to seeing what Stein can do against this kind of athleticism and size. My prediction is Purdue 81 USI 59.
      You are 100 percent right with this point, I am also curious how Stein will do against them. You have USI scoring 59, and I have us with 58, so I think we are expecting the same type of effort. I think Purdue's lack of an outside game will prevent them from running away. Should be a great atmosphere, some of the Boiler fans were in the restaurant we ate in tonight and said they are very big inside, but they are concerned about their guard play. We told them we are the opposite, we have great guards, a lot of questions inside. Should be a lot of fun!

Comment

"lol"

Comment

" "

Comment

I'm not sure why there is an emphasis on guessing the score. Both teams will be testing the waters. USI is going to lose, it is irrelevant by how many points. I'll be looking at the athletism and skills of the new players and to see how returners have improved. This will be a good indicator of how USI performs or disappoints the fans again this year.

Comment

I think a lot of the time with exhibitions the score comes down to the attitude of the coach and how much he decides to let his starters play. I generally think most D2 starters are equivalent to D1 backups or at least compete well with them. I think if Painter leaves his starters in most of the game it may get out of hand but I don't think that'll happen. If I had to throw a score on it I would say Purdue 75 to 56.

On another note I am hoping we aren't going to get a new thread for every USI game lol. One thread is hard enough to keep up with ;)

Comment

Originally posted by PantherExpress View Post
                "lol"
                Why it's a KWC troll on the USI threads. Can't wait until we beat KWC like a drum in three weeks. lol

Comment

Originally posted by glvcpro View Post
                  I'm not sure why there is an emphasis on guessing the score. Both teams will be testing the waters. USI is going to lose, it is irrelevant by how many points. I'll be looking at the athletism and skills of the new players and to see how returners have improved. This will be a good indicator of how USI performs or disappoints the fans again this year.
                  Because we are fans trying to enjoy the season. You are obviously a very sad individual, based on your previous posts, who sees everything half empty. I am here in the Purdue arena right now, it is an amazing facility.

Comment

Originally posted by Knighthead View Post
                    I think a lot of the time with exhibitions the score comes down to the attitude of the coach and how much he decides to let his starters play. I generally think most D2 starters are equivalent to D1 backups or at least compete well with them. I think if Painter leaves his starters in most of the game it may get out of hand but I don't think that'll happen. If I had to throw a score on it I would say Purdue 75 to 56.

On another note I am hoping we aren't going to get a new thread for every USI game lol. One thread is hard enough to keep up with ;)
                    Your prediction is very close to mine. As far as threads for each game, I like the idea. Let the outdated threads go the day of the Herdes-ites and disappear completely. This Purdue arena is an amazing place, we are in here right now. Much, much different than the PAC.

Comment

Originally posted by Looking For 9 View Post
                      " "
                      Stay in Owensboro and off the USI threads, or I will head back to your KWC posts and bring up Chris Thomas and barber schooling credits. lol

Comment

The USI players and coaches are in the building! I also just walked down where the Purdue players are shooting around, one of their players is at least 7-2 or 7-3. They have four other players at least 6-9 or 6-10. Very tall and athletic.

Comment

Originally posted by EaglesPride View Post
                          Because we are fans trying to enjoy the season. You are obviously a very sad individual, based on your previous posts, who sees everything half empty. I am here in the Purdue arena right now, it is an amazing facility.
                          No, I am realistic and have been commenting for many years both good and bad. You on the other hand have been on here for only several months but seemed to have all the answers; just wait and we will see what you have to say at the end of another lousy season. I've been in Mackey arena many times during real games, yes it's had many renovations, it's nice...Enjoy!

Comment

The USI players and coaches are in the building! I also just walked down where the Purdue players are shooting around, one of their players is at least 7-2 or 7-3. They have four other players at least 6-9 or 6-10. Very tall and athletic.
                            Well what did you expect???? Your observations are insignificant to us.

Comment

Just a day from now USI takes on Purdue. My wife and I just arrived in West Lafayette early this evening and are thrilled about the season! I think USI plays it tight, takes good shots, and keeps it from being a blowout against the Boilermakers. I say Purdue 72, USI 58. Here is the Courier & Press preview:

http://www.courierpress.com/story/sp...tion/93063070/
                              Purdue is going to kill USI, this will be a 30 or 40 point smashing. If Painter calls off his horses, maybe 25 points. USI has no inside game at all. I say Purdue 87, USI 58. That's being generous.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X