Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ball State 74, UIndy 64

UIndy had many chances to win this game, just missed. UIndy was up by 13 points midday through the second half, officials then gave every call to Ball State. The UIndy newcomers did a great job, especially D.J. Davis and 7-footer Milos Cabarkapa. Don't know how many foul shots Ball State made in second half, but the minute UIndy got 13 points the refs whittles blew every time down court. I don't blame officials for losses, UIndy missed a lot of FTs or this game would never had been in question. I am even more impressed by Coach Gouard and his recruiting, the role players from last season played well. UIndy is going to be very hard to beat as Ball State found out tonight.

Re: Ball State 74, UIndy 64

Originally posted by UIndyGradyGreyhound View Post
    UIndy had many chances to win this game, just missed. UIndy was up by 13 points midday through the second half, officials then gave every call to Ball State. The UIndy newcomers did a great job, especially D.J. Davis and 7-footer Milos Cabarkapa. Don't know how many foul shots Ball State made in second half, but the minute UIndy got 13 points the refs whittles blew every time down court. I don't blame officials for losses, UIndy missed a lot of FTs or this game would never had been in question. I am even more impressed by Coach Gouard and his recruiting, the role players from last season played well. UIndy is going to be very hard to beat as Ball State found out tonight.
    Well, it appears you are blaming the officials in your own posting. But I am impressed that UIndy held a double-digit lead in the second half. USI also had some questionable calls at Purdue two nights earlier, so I can understand your frustration. I would say your close call at Ball State bodes well for the Hounds, just as USI's great effort at Purdue indicates a good season is on the way for USI. It could be worse: We could be KWC, who got completely blown off the court tonight at Louisville. But I predicted that one, KWC just plays such a bad conference schedule they are never going to be ready for good competition. Saw it last year at the regional. I heard tonight Louisville destroyed them in every possible way. Fun fact is Purdue is actually much taller than Louisville. lol!

Comment

I was at this game. Was not at all impressed with Milos. I was rooting for UIndy and didn't really notice an unbalanced whistle. I thought the refs called too much on both sides, especially in the 2nd half. College officials need to let some contact go on the ball handler.

I thought Indy played well, Ball State was just a little too big at several spots. Indy seemed to struggle scoring in the half court. Much of that might have been due to the size and length of a few of the Ball State bigs.

I really liked Davidson and the tall blonde kid that I can't remember his name. The freshman Tate Hall also played very solid minutes.
      Last edited by Canary3; 11-04-2016, 07:19 AM.

Comment

This yet again new emphasis on officiating games has made the game worse. College game going to mirror the NFL where a penalty/foul is called once every 3 possessions. Games are going to be long and the team with the best foul shooters stand to benefit.

Originally posted by UIndyGradyGreyhound View Post

Comment

Originally posted by bkingbroker View Post
          This yet again new emphasis on officiating games has made the game worse. College game going to mirror the NFL where a penalty/foul is called once every 3 possessions. Games are going to be long and the team with the best foul shooters stand to benefit.
          Yes, until they go to quarters (next year).

Comment

Originally posted by Canary3 View Post
            I was at this game. Was not at all impressed with Milos. I was rooting for UIndy and didn't really notice an unbalanced whistle. I thought the refs called too much on both sides, especially in the 2nd half. College officials need to let some contact go on the ball handler.

I thought Indy played well, Ball State was just a little too big at several spots. Indy seemed to struggle scoring in the half court. Much of that might have been due to the size and length of a few of the Ball State bigs.

I really liked Davidson and the tall blonde kid that I can't remember his name. The freshman Tate Hall also played very solid minutes.
            Coach Gouard said Milos did a great job of battling the Ball State big men. No GLVC teams will have the same size and athletes Ball State had.

Not unbalanced calls? You see the final FTs? I watched on BSU Internet and every call was on UIndy in the second half after going up 13 points. Both Davis's played well for UIndy, D.J. showed why he averaged double figures in D-1. The role players all did well for UIndy, another solid season upcoming for the Hounds. I could see UIndy winning the GLVC after last night.

Comment

Originally posted by EaglesPride View Post
              Well, it appears you are blaming the officials in your own posting. But I am impressed that UIndy held a double-digit lead in the second half. USI also had some questionable calls at Purdue two nights earlier, so I can understand your frustration. I would say your close call at Ball State bodes well for the Hounds, just as USI's great effort at Purdue indicates a good season is on the way for USI. It could be worse: We could be KWC, who got completely blown off the court tonight at Louisville. But I predicted that one, KWC just plays such a bad conference schedule they are never going to be ready for good competition. Saw it last year at the regional. I heard tonight Louisville destroyed them in every possible way. Fun fact is Purdue is actually much taller than Louisville. lol!
              I didn't blame the officials. I pointed out facts they called lots of fouls on UIndy after we went up 13 in the second half. Yes it bodes well for the Hounds, Ball State is better than any GLVC team UIndy will face. You have a lot of nerve to compare a 20-point loss at Purdue to our effort at BSU. We almost won, USI never had a chance to win. I did see KWC got their butts kicked by Louisville, 40 points is embarrassing for a team that's supposedly so good. KWC is a fraud, they play in the worst D-2 league in the country, they are never prepared for good competition outside that bad little league.

Comment

You keep saying after you went up 13 in the second half. It's obvious you didn't watch the game. UIndy led 15-2 about 4-5 minutes into the game. From then, Ball State chipped into the lead and tied it at halftime. The game was pretty close most of the 2nd half with Ball State pulling ahead late and extending the lead because of late fouling. Indy was never ahead 13 points in the second half like you've said 3 different times.

I think Indy looked solid but right now they lack a go to scorer in half court offense. This may change as the year goes, but just my opinion after watching the exhibition.

Milos was terrible on pick and roll defense. He's too slow to even show on ball screens. This put Indy in tough spots on D while he was in the game. I wish they kept track of a +/- last night because I'm confident Milos would be several points negative in his 9 minutes in the game.
                Last edited by Canary3; 11-05-2016, 05:53 AM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                Working...
                X