Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GLVC admits SBU

http://sbubearcats.com/news/2018/5/3...me-member.aspx

Benedictine out of Chicago is almost assuredly up next.

Re: GLVC admits SBU

The GLVC is a train wreck. USI needs to look at GMAC, GLIAC or one of the leagues in West Virginia or Tennessee. The GLVC loses UW Parkside and adds a school like Southwest Baptist. No wonder GLVC basketball is a wreck.

Comment

Originally posted by Duluth Sleuth View Post
      The GLVC is a train wreck. USI needs to look at GMAC, GLIAC or one of the leagues in West Virginia or Tennessee. The GLVC loses UW Parkside and adds a school like Southwest Baptist. No wonder GLVC basketball is a wreck.

Comment

How is Stan's snack business doing?

Originally posted by Duluth Sleuth View Post

Comment

SBU is in the WESTERN Great Lakes Valley, isn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by UFOILERFAN View Post
            SBU is in the WESTERN Great Lakes Valley, isn't it?
            Not that I agree with the USI posters on SBU (I really don't know their recent history), but I think that even if SBU goes into the West division, the loss of UWP who has been (except for this past season**) one of the powerhouses of the East, means that a weaker team will be put into USI's division (although I am not sure how the GLVC will be divided up yet.)

**Although UWP may have determined the national champion by their upset of BU, which may have caused BU to lose the No.1 seed in the regional and thus possibly the regional championship and national championship.

Comment

SBU has had some good teams. It wasn't that long ago they beat D1 Utah State on their floor and regularly won or challenged for MIAA championships. They got as high as number 3 in the nation one season. They even have had NBA scouts at their games.
              They have fallen on hard times recently, but that doesnt mean they will always suck like Missouri S & T.
              People complained about Loyola Chicago being accepted into the Missouri Valley and Loyola proved them wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by KnightStalker View Post
                Not that I agree with the USI posters on SBU (I really don't know their recent history), but I think that even if SBU goes into the West division, the loss of UWP who has been (except for this past season**) one of the powerhouses of the East, means that a weaker team will be put into USI's division (although I am not sure how the GLVC will be divided up yet.)

**Although UWP may have determined the national champion by their upset of BU, which may have caused BU to lose the No.1 seed in the regional and thus possibly the regional championship and national championship.
                Anticipated 2019-2020 GLVC

East
                Bellarmine
                Indy
                USI
                UIS
                Lewis
                Benedictine
                Quincy
                McKendree

West
                Truman
                UMSL
                Maryville
                MO S&T
                Drury
                Rockhurst
                SBU
                William Jewell

Comment

Their trend line is not favorable as they haven't been good in several years.

Originally posted by crazznewt View Post
                  SBU has had some good teams. It wasn't that long ago they beat D1 Utah State on their floor and regularly won or challenged for MIAA championships. They got as high as number 3 in the nation one season. They even have had NBA scouts at their games.
                  They have fallen on hard times recently, but that doesnt mean they will always suck like Missouri S & T.
                  People complained about Loyola Chicago being accepted into the Missouri Valley and Loyola proved them wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by bkingbroker View Post
                    Their trend line is not favorable as they haven't been good in several years.
                    Well that will give coaches good excuse if they lose to them. They can say that nba scouts at their games and beat Utah st.

Comment

The piss parade continues.

Comment

The piss parade continues.
                        Been going on for ten years...one ncaa win is pathetic. But hey this might just maybe will be the year!

Comment

I dont know how the repetitive negative talk helps anything. I could understand if someone who could do anything about it frequented this board. It would make a lot more sense to write to the campus newspaper editorial page.
                          Complaining on this board thousands of times has not helped your cause.

Comment

I dont know how the repetitive negative talk helps anything. I could understand if someone who could do anything about it frequented this board. It would make a lot more sense to write to the campus newspaper editorial page.

Comment

Ah....you must not be aware of the prior censorship efforts at said University. Little surprised you aren't up on this given censorship is your thing.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X