Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 8 teams to make conference and NCAA tourney

I think u maybe right right about moving nmu to third,Lewis to 4th and uf to 5th. . The reason I have nmu and UF below Lewis is that their one losses are bad ones. Lewis loss is to a ranked team. Again this is how I rank them right now. It can all change
    Last edited by KnightStalker; 12-07-2018, 05:44 PM.

Comment

Although I agree nmu has the chance to get #1,they would have to beat BU at BU. that is a huge "if" even with the strange scheduling of that game

Comment

1. Bellarmine (It ain't close)
        2. Ashland (They are good, but not that tested)
        3. USI (front court is better than expected)
        4. Northern Michigan
        5. Lewis
        6. Findlay
        7. Ferris
        8. Indy (on a bad string, but other than the loss to Olivet, the schedule has been brutal)

Could break in: UMSL, Truman, Ohio Dominican, Hillsdale, LSSU, Davenport
        Last edited by Knightmoves; 12-20-2018, 07:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Knightmoves View Post
          1. Bellarmine (It ain't close)
          2. Ashland (They are good, but not that tested)
          3. USI (front court is better than expected)
          4. Northern Michigan
          5. Lewis
          6. Findlay
          7. Ferris
          8. Indy (on a bad string, but other than the loss to Olivet, the schedule has been brutal)

Could break in: UMSL, Truman, Ohio Dominican, Hillsdale, LSSU, Davenport
          Overall not bad, maybe have Lewis higher(I know they lost to NMU but record is better.) Also think ODU may deserve being in there over Ferris right now although I do believe by the end Ferris will make the regional. Don't think UMSL will ever make the rankings as stated in previous post on BU thread, UMSL hasn't left St. Louis yet. I think GVSU should merit attention, mainly due to their losses being in tough games. Also think Drury could make it. And my dark horse is Northwood. Pretty tough schedule and they do have the victory over NMU.

Comment

Originally posted by MidwestHoops View Post
            OK, lets put some life in this, who you got making the 3 conference tourneys and then who qualifies for the Big Dance?

My picks, which is probably big trouble for everyone listed (In no particular order)

GMAC - Findlay, Ohio Dominican, Alderson Broaddus, Walsh, Lake Erie, Hillsdale, Cedarville, Tiffin

GLIAC - Ferris St., Lake Superior St., Ashland, Grand Valley St., Michigan Tech, Northern Michigan, Wayne St., Saginaw Valley St.

GLVC - Drury, Bellarmine, Indianapolis, Southern Indiana, Truman St., Quincy, Lewis, McKendree

NCAA - Bellarmine, Drury, Findlay, Ferris St., Southern Indiana, Walsh, Ashland, Lake Erie

Lets keep it fun!!!
            You picked AB, which I agree with. I don't know much about the those other conferences though, so I'll take your word for it. *I'm an optimist and think AB will qualify for the NCAA's.
            Last edited by crixus; 12-27-2018, 11:18 PM.

Comment

Comment

You have every reason to be skeptical about USI's end of season prospects, but looking at the current team and the remainder of their schedule, there is room for optimism. Price is much better than expected and Little has come around in a very big way against good competition. Other than BU, USI may have the most formidable inside presence in the GLVC , coupled with legit POY candidate Stein, it is entirely possible that USI will be BU's main competition in the region. I will tell you that I am now rooting against USI in every game because I see them as a legitimate threat.

BTW, USI has a legit game Saturday (unlike BU) against King which is a good, not great, team. A solid win by USI will be a good indicator for things to come.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                Working...
                X