Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GVSU Basketball

I feel bad that all the GLVC schools have their own threads, so I'm crashing the party.

GVSU women's team looks incredible so far this year. Potential national POTY candidate leading the way in Cassidy Boensch, averaging 21 and 11 through two games with a 71% fg percentage and 89% ft percentage.

GVSU men's team beat Alderson Broaddus today and scored 96 points, which is the most they've scored against a D2 team in a loooooooong time I think. They have historically been a team that scores in the 60's and relies on defense to win. Former SJC player Kindred Williams started, and Oakland transfer Isaiah Brock played only six minutes and scored eight points with six rebounds, but somehow fouled out. Haha.

Hopefully this is the year the men's team can finally get back to competitiveness, and maybe the year the women can knock Ashland off the GLIAC perch?
    2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Re: GVSU Basketball

The women were actually picked ahead of Ashland in the preseason GLIAC poll (https://gvsulakers.com/news/2018/10/...ches-poll.aspx). I was at both games and they looked really good. Granted, their competition isn't as good as Ashland.

The men won again today, making them 2-0 for the first time since 2015-16.

Comment

Drury lost to Grand Valley in overtime in the Regional Finals three years ago. That was after beating Ashland in the semis.
      Someone needs to step up and take home court advantage away from Ashland this season. They are as tough to beat at their gym as the Bellarmine Men are at theirs.

Comment

Grand Valley looked good in beating Tiffin on Friday....looking forward to their game with UIndy on Sunday. As mentioned in the ratings thread, this game could go a long way in March. Both teams undefeated entering the game.

Comment

GV women ran into a good team in Lewis Friday night. Look for those two teams to be near the top of the Midwest region come that time. Definitely think that GV can win a rematch. Still too early to make anything of that loss. Also pulled one out vs. UIndy, in Indy today in Double OT. Good to see the ladies being battle tested early in the season.

GV men also ran into a good UIndy team today. Up 11 at half, but let it slip away at the end of the game. I will say that the refs were calling it so tight both ways. No freedom to play. UIndy went a decent run and got up a few points, but GV had 3 timeouts left and held on to them the rest of the game (could have taken one to stop the momentum, but didn't).

Both teams have a high potential to do well in the GLIAC this year and get high seeds. GVSU women could be the #1 overall in the GLIAC, and for the men, I think a #3 seed is realistic.

Comment

Originally posted by bankslaker View Post
            GV women ran into a good team in Lewis Friday night. Look for those two teams to be near the top of the Midwest region come that time. Definitely think that GV can win a rematch. Still too early to make anything of that loss. Also pulled one out vs. UIndy, in Indy today in Double OT. Good to see the ladies being battle tested early in the season.

GV men also ran into a good UIndy team today. Up 11 at half, but let it slip away at the end of the game. I will say that the refs were calling it so tight both ways. No freedom to play. UIndy went a decent run and got up a few points, but GV had 3 timeouts left and held on to them the rest of the game (could have taken one to stop the momentum, but didn't).

Both teams have a high potential to do well in the GLIAC this year and get high seeds. GVSU women could be the #1 overall in the GLIAC, and for the men, I think a #3 seed is realistic.
            So far, though, it looks like Ashland is still the well-oiled machine it has been. I don't think the GV women are going to unseat them quite yet. We'll see, though.

Comment

GVSU women pooped all over Ashland on Thursday night. Broke AU's 69-game regular season winning streak. Beat them 94-61. 94-61!!!

Comment

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post
                GVSU women pooped all over Ashland on Thursday night. Broke AU's 69-game regular season winning streak. Beat them 94-61. 94-61!!!
                I was thinking GVSU women were going to beat Ashland last night, but I didn't expect a 33 point win (I was expecting about a 5-10 point game). Ashland lost quite a bit from last year while GV returned most of their big guns

Comment

Cassidy Boesnch for the GV women tonight had the first triple-double in women's program history.

Comment

The men were doing so well and then they go and lose to a perfectly average Truman State team.

Comment

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post
                      The men were doing so well and then they go and lose to a perfectly average Truman State team.
                      They did play their first four games (including games against teams that are probably going to make their regionals in Findlay, Northwest Missouri and Washburn) without their three top returning players from last year. Brodric Thomas is back now, and Truman entered yesterday 10th in Schnautza's performance indicators (#4 of all GLVC teams). Not saying they're going to win the conference by any means, but they're not that bad, and that's not as bad of a road loss as you might be thinking.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X