19. Missouri Southern
    20. Southern Indiana
    21. Morehouse
    22. Findlay
    23. Bridgeport
    24. Seattle Pacific
    25. Slippery Rock

Source: https://gousieagles.com/news/2019/10...ason-poll.aspx

I'm feeling guardedly optimistic about this season. It's been 6 seasons since USI has appeared in the preseason poll. Coming off of a final 4 run, it looks like we are (momentarily) back on the national podium. I hope that we can stay there, but without Stein, who knows how this season will unfold. I'm thinking that the spotlight of the E8 and the new stadium has possibly attracted some better recruits this season.

Comment

Originally posted by schnautza View Post
      I'm feeling guardedly optimistic about this season. It's been 6 seasons since USI has appeared in the preseason poll. Coming off of a final 4 run, it looks like we are (momentarily) back on the national podium. I hope that we can stay there, but without Stein, who knows how this season will unfold. I'm thinking that the spotlight of the E8 and the new stadium has possibly attracted some better recruits this season.

Comment

USI is going to be very good this season. Tournament runs are always difficult to predict, but I would wager that the Eagles have a better regular season than last year, even without Stein.

USI is underated in these polls. I hate to say it, but if I were voting in the conference preseason poll, I would pick them to win the GLVC.

Comment

Originally posted by Knightmoves View Post
          USI is going to be very good this season. Tournament runs are always difficult to predict, but I would wager that the Eagles have a better regular season than last year, even without Stein.

USI is underated in these polls. I hate to say it, but if I were voting in the conference preseason poll, I would pick them to win the GLVC.
          You'd pick them over America's Team's swan song season?

Comment

I'll tell you why.. Mateo and Caldwell are an excellent 1-2 punch and proven at this level, they will be better than last year. Laravie is a similar player to Stein, who is a veteren proven player. He scored 18 a game last year at the same competition level. He may not be quite as good as Stein, but the improvement from other players can easily compensate for the relatively small difference.Butler and Hughes are quality transfers that increase the talent level significantly. I think Little is a quality big who will play better this year. Price has talent, although I have less confidence that he will up his consistency of play, but he may.Ditto for Dancy.

This team will be balanced and pretty deep.

Comment

Originally posted by schnautza View Post
              ... America's Team's ...
              Kudos on proper use of the term, good sir!

Comment

#eyerolls

Comment

Originally posted by kdubnation View Post
                  #eyerolls
                  LOL. Yeah, it's just goofing around -- I started using the term just for laughs when we do our GLVC "pick 'em" contest, and the name kind of stuck.

Comment

Yeah I know. Gotta hate you guys extra hard this year because #1 it's your last year in D2 and #2 I no longer have a family member on the team so I no longer have any conflict of interest.

Comment

Originally posted by kdubnation View Post
                      I no longer have a family member on the team so I no longer have any conflict of interest.
                      Nice. Sounds like someone has a smart, talented, sublime relative!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X