Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by unc4life View Post
    The basic answer to all of this is the selection committee does what it wants to when picking and ranking teams in regions. They can tell you all day they look for certain things, but at the end of the day they do what they want.
    That's true. Although, to my recollection, they seem to pretty consistently put a premium on SoS.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by DUPanther View Post

That's true. Although, to my recollection, they seem to pretty consistently put a premium on SoS.
        The Lady Panthers were penalized for weak SoS when they were a part of the Heartland Conference.

Comment

• The committee:

Jeff Blair, Ohio Dominican (GMAC)
          Rick Costello, Purdue Northwest (GLIAC)
          Scott Davenport, Bellarmine (GLVC)
          Charlie Ernst, Findlay (GMAC)
          Steve Hettinga, Lake Superior State (GLIAC)
          Jon Mark Hall, Southern Indiana (GLVC)

Comment

• Comment

• Agreed, if it was rigged then why didn't Findlay get in? They had a legitimate claim as much as GVSU, BU or USI and their coach was on the Committee.

Comment

• Originally posted by KnightStalker View Post

Agreed, if it was rigged then why didn't Findlay get in? They had a legitimate claim as much as GVSU, BU or USI and their coach was on the Committee.
                That's a ridiculous argument. You know full well, or should at least, that Findlay didn't have a claim based on nothing else than the final regional ranking. And frankly, I don't see how you can fail to acknowledge that Bellarmine...
                • Losing multiple games down the stretch including games to sub-500 and just above 500 teams
                • Losing a game earlier in their conference tournament than GVSU did - and to a team that did not win their tournament unlike GVSU
                • Being ranked 2 spots below GVSU in that final ranking
                ...doesn't equate to a fair and impartial selection committee leaving them out of the tournament instead of GVSU.

But, it's Bellarmine, so Scotty the Golden One who can do everything short of physically assaulting referees without getting a T, plus the fact that the poor Midwest Region is losing their ultra-elite royalty to D1 (where they will, of course, be mediocre at best for years to come) means that come hell or high water Bellarmine WAS getting in the tournament this final year. You guys could have gone 8-20 but "oh lord look at that strength of schedule, they've GOT to be in" would have been the argument. So enjoy your final run in D2 and good riddance to Scotty 2 Hottie the red-faced clown.
                Last edited by kdubnation; 03-10-2020, 09:53 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by kdubnation View Post

That's a ridiculous argument. You know full well, or should at least, that Findlay didn't have a claim based on nothing else than the final regional ranking. And frankly, I don't see how you can fail to acknowledge that Bellarmine...
                  • Losing multiple games down the stretch including games to sub-500 and just above 500 teams
                  • Losing a game earlier in their conference tournament than GVSU did - and to a team that did not win their tournament unlike GVSU
                  • Being ranked 2 spots below GVSU in that final ranking
                  ...doesn't equate to a fair and impartial selection committee leaving them out of the tournament instead of GVSU.

But, it's Bellarmine, so Scotty the Golden One who can do everything short of physically assaulting referees without getting a T, plus the fact that the poor Midwest Region is losing their ultra-elite royalty to D1 (where they will, of course, be mediocre at best for years to come, means that come hell or high water Bellarmine WAS getting in the tournament this final year. You guys could have gone 8-20 but "oh lord look at that strength of schedule, they've GOT to be in" would have been the argument. So enjoy your final run in D2 and good riddance to Scotty 2 Hottie the red-faced clown.
                  I was not making a conspiracy argument as the previous poster was making. That is what I call ridiculous. I instead have put forth the only rationale the committee could have for leaving GVSU out (predetermined amount of teams from each conference) which, I never said I agreed with it. I think the idea that it was a conspiracy is a ridiculous argument. If they were in cahoots why would they have dropped BU below GVSU in the first place? Again, the only reason that makes any sense is they had already decided on the number of teams from each conference. At that point it was GVSU v. Ferris on making it in.

Btw, I believe it is fortunate for your health that BU is going D1. You may be able to lower the blood pressure a little when you don't have Scotty-envy anymore!

Comment

• According to today's paper KWC Women's Team regional ranking in PI was 5th, record against .500 teams was 5th, and RPI was 8th. Yet they were denied a bid. I sincerely hope the NCAA organization removes the members of the selection committee as they obviously made decision to keep KWC out based on factors other than the facts at hand.

Comment

• It appears that NCAA just canceled all remaining tournaments. I guess we will just have to concede to USI being crowned as unofficial national champion.

Comment

• Originally posted by schnautza View Post
                        It appears that NCAA just canceled all remaining tournaments. I guess we will just have to concede to USI being crowned as unofficial national champion.
                        #fakenews

Comment

• What matters most is that USI got the last laugh against Bellarmine :P

Comment

What matters most is that USI got the last laugh against Bellarmine :P
                            Ah but we got 2 out of 3 this season! It is a really sad thing especially for seniors. It hurts all of the BU players though because it will be all of the players last chance at NCAA glory (they can still compete in the ASUN tournament though.)

Financially, I am not sure this will hurt D2 schools too much as I imagine the tourney was at best a wash for schools. Its the mid majors in D1 that it will hurt the most. Got to hope it does not hurt the ASUN schools so much that some of them have to drop out.

Comment

What matters most is that USI got the last laugh against Bellarmine :P
                              Hater. We'll be back together in the Horizon League in a decade or so.

Comment

• Hopefully sooner rather than later.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X