Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HoosierDaddy View Post
    Truman at #2 is a surprise
    Agree, I would've had them at 1. They've played the toughest schedule in the country. Their non-con included at Findlay (#10 midwest), neutral location against Grand Valley (#5 midwest), at Davenport (#9 midwest), home against Missouri Southern (#3 central), at Northwest Missouri (#1 central, probably the best team in the country).

Comment

Meanwhile, on the women's side:

1. Drury (25-0 overall, 20-0 regional)
      2. Ashland (25-0, 24-0)
      3. Grand Valley (22-2, 21-2)
      4. Walsh (22-2, 22-2)
      5. Kentucky Wesleyan (20-1, 20-1)
      6. Southern Indiana (16-6, 15-6)
      7. Ferris State (17-6, 17-6)
      8. Lewis (15-9, 15-9)
      9. Lindenwood (14-8, 14-6)
      10. Truman (16-6, 16-6)

Can't imagine that the top five aren't locks at this point. Hard to see any teams not in the top ten winning their conference tournament & stealing a bid.

Comment

Originally posted by TSU_Mike59 View Post
        Meanwhile, on the women's side:

1. Drury (25-0 overall, 20-0 regional)
        2. Ashland (25-0, 24-0)
        3. Grand Valley (22-2, 21-2)
        4. Walsh (22-2, 22-2)
        5. Kentucky Wesleyan (20-1, 20-1)
        6. Southern Indiana (16-6, 15-6)
        7. Ferris State (17-6, 17-6)
        8. Lewis (15-9, 15-9)
        9. Lindenwood (14-8, 14-6)
        10. Truman (16-6, 16-6)

Can't imagine that the top five aren't locks at this point. Hard to see any teams not in the top ten winning their conference tournament & stealing a bid.
        Drury has been in the last four regional finals, Ashland twice and Grand Valley twice.

Comment

Games left for each team:
          1. UIndy - at Maryville (5-20), at Missouri S&T (5-18), McKendree (12-13), at #7 Southern Indiana (19-5)
          2. Truman - at Drury (17-7), SW Baptist (18-7), at Maryville (5-20), at Missouri S&T (5-18)
          3. Bellarmine - at Missouri S&T (5-18), at Maryville (5-20), #7 Southern Indiana (19-5), McKendree (12-13)
          4. Ferris State - at Purdue Northwest (8-18), at WI Parkside (10-15), Lake Superior (11-14)
          5. Grand Valley - at N Michigan (11-14), at #8 Michigan Tech (17-8), #9 Davenport (20-8)
          6. Missouri-St. Louis - William Jewell (9-15), Rockhurst (15-9), Lewis (13-11), IL Springfield (14-11)
          7. Southern Indiana - at IL Springfield (14-11), Lewis (13-11), at #3 Bellarmine (17-6), #1 Indianapolis (19-5)
          8. Michigan Tech - #9 Davenport (20-8), #5 Grand Valley (20-5), at N Michigan (11-14)
          ---
          9. Davenport - at #8 Michigan Tech (17-8), at N Michigan (11-14), at #5 Grand Valley (20-5)
          10. Findlay - at Lake Erie (14-11), at Cedarville (16-8), Hillsdale (16-8)

Biggest risk/reward for Southern Indiana and Davenport. This week's Davenport/Michigan Tech game will be huge.

Comment

Don't understand Mich Tech and Davenport being ahead of Findlay. Findlay has better record and better PI than both of them. If PI doesn't matter, then Walsh should be ahead of all three of them. I think it will sort itself out by season's end. If Findlay were to run the table, they'll finish much higher than 8. I'm not sure why Davenport and Michigan Tech are ahead of South West Baptist and Drury. Of course the rankings don't tell you who 11-15 are, nor how close teams are to each other.

As an illustration as to how close this is, suppose Truman and Drury win the rest of their regular season games, except Drury beats Truman. Even though Truman is currently ranked 2 in the region and Drury is unranked, Drury would have a good case for being ranked ahead of Truman. They would have a better record and a win over Truman. My point here is that there are probably fourteen teams within a single loss or win of being in or out of the tournament. UMSL and Ferris look like they could relatviely easily win the rest of their regulat season games. A team that actually controls its own destiny is USI. If they win out, they would finish the sregular season as No. 1. Personally, I would like to see them go 3-1 with a loss to BU

Comment

Originally posted by Knightmoves View Post
              Don't understand Mich Tech and Davenport being ahead of Findlay. Findlay has better record and better PI than both of them. If PI doesn't matter, then Walsh should be ahead of all three of them. I think it will sort itself out by season's end. If Findlay were to run the table, they'll finish much higher than 8. I'm not sure why Davenport and Michigan Tech are ahead of South West Baptist and Drury. Of course the rankings don't tell you who 11-15 are, nor how close teams are to each other.

As an illustration as to how close this is, suppose Truman and Drury win the rest of their regular season games, except Drury beats Truman. Even though Truman is currently ranked 2 in the region and Drury is unranked, Drury would have a good case for being ranked ahead of Truman. They would have a better record and a win over Truman. My point here is that there are probably fourteen teams within a single loss or win of being in or out of the tournament. UMSL and Ferris look like they could relatviely easily win the rest of their regulat season games. A team that actually controls its own destiny is USI. If they win out, they would finish the sregular season as No. 1. Personally, I would like to see them go 3-1 with a loss to BU
              Definitely think any of the five ranked GLVC teams could be the No. 1 by winning out. Indy at least has the luxury of losing 1 and still be ahead of Ferris and GV. The interesting call would be if Indy lost one early in GLVC tourney and someone like UMSL ran the table. I think UMSL would deserve it but then again it is always a question whether the committee gives much look at what happens in the conference tourneys. Would Indy have the #1 seed if they just win the rest of their regular season games?

Comment

Tonight's ranked losses:

MTU over Davenport
                Drury over Truman

And not ranked, but relevant, Lindenwood gives GLVC a bit of breathing room by taking down Rockhurst, who we believe was on the fringe of being ranked.

??????

Comment

[QUOTE=HoosierDaddy;n485498]Truman at #2 is a surprise[/QUOTE

Still wondering

Comment

[QUOTE=HoosierDaddy;n485961]
                    Originally posted by HoosierDaddy View Post
                    Truman at #2 is a surprise[/QUOTE

Still wondering
                    lolz. Second best SOS in the region. Second best RPI in the region. Tied for most wins against regionally-ranked teams in the region. Number one nonconference SOS in the country. But sure, one bad night and let's forget all of it.

Comment

UPDATED thru 2/20 games

MASSEY
                      1. Indianapolis (1)
                      2. UMSL (3)
                      3. USI (4)
                      4. Truman (2)
                      5. Bellarmine (6)
                      6. Ferris (5)
                      7. GVSU (7)
                      8. Drury (10)
                      9. Michigan Tech (NR)
                      10. Findlay (NR)
                      Dropped out: Walsh (8), Davenport (9)

TalismanRed
                      1. Indianapolis (1)
                      2. USI (T3)
                      3. Bellarmine (2)
                      4. GVSU (T3)
                      5. Ferris (5)
                      6. UMSL (6)
                      7. Truman (7)
                      T8. Michigan Tech (9)
                      T8. Drury (10)
                      10. Davenport (8)
                      Dropped out: none

PI
                      1. Indianapolis (1)
                      2. UMSL (3)
                      3. Bellarmine (2)
                      4. Ferris (4)
                      5. USI (7)
                      6. GVSU (5)
                      7. Truman (6)
                      8. Findlay (8)
                      9. Michigan Tech (10)
                      10. Drury (NR)
                      Dropped out: Walsh (9)

RPI
                      1. Indianapolis (1)
                      2. Truman (2)
                      3. Bellarmine (3)
                      4. USI (7)
                      5. UMSL (4)
                      6. Ferris (5)
                      7. GVSU (6)
                      8. Drury (10)
                      9. Michigan Tech (NR)
                      10. Northwood (8)
                      Dropped out: Rockhurst (9)

Comment

Originally posted by schnautza View Post
                        UPDATED thru 2/20 games

MASSEY
                        1. Indianapolis (1)
                        2. UMSL (3)
                        3. USI (4)
                        4. Truman (2)
                        5. Bellarmine (6)
                        6. Ferris (5)
                        7. GVSU (7)
                        8. Drury (10)
                        9. Michigan Tech (NR)
                        10. Findlay (NR)
                        Dropped out: Walsh (8), Davenport (9)

TalismanRed
                        1. Indianapolis (1)
                        2. USI (T3)
                        3. Bellarmine (2)
                        4. GVSU (T3)
                        5. Ferris (5)
                        6. UMSL (6)
                        7. Truman (7)
                        T8. Michigan Tech (9)
                        T8. Drury (10)
                        10. Davenport (8)
                        Dropped out: none

PI
                        1. Indianapolis (1)
                        2. UMSL (3)
                        3. Bellarmine (2)
                        4. Ferris (4)
                        5. USI (7)
                        6. GVSU (5)
                        7. Truman (6)
                        8. Findlay (8)
                        9. Michigan Tech (10)
                        10. Drury (NR)
                        Dropped out: Walsh (9)

RPI
                        1. Indianapolis (1)
                        2. Truman (2)
                        3. Bellarmine (3)
                        4. USI (7)
                        5. UMSL (4)
                        6. Ferris (5)
                        7. GVSU (6)
                        8. Drury (10)
                        9. Michigan Tech (NR)
                        10. Northwood (8)
                        Dropped out: Rockhurst (9)
                        Last night probably just swapped the DUs in the region -- Drury in, Davenport out. This is the first year I can recall where, outside of earning the #1 seed to be able to host, there's really no care about seeding. I think the GLVC tourney will be the same way - - any team that gets in has just as good of chance to winning three games as the other seven teams in the field.

Comment

Originally posted by TSU_Mike59 View Post

Last night probably just swapped the DUs in the region -- Drury in, Davenport out. This is the first year I can recall where, outside of earning the #1 seed to be able to host, there's really no care about seeding. I think the GLVC tourney will be the same way - - any team that gets in has just as good of chance to winning three games as the other seven teams in the field.
                          Only difference is the GLVC #1 seed really is no benefit, especially if the #8 ends up being Drury who is the hottest team in the league. On a neutral floor any of these teams can beat each other. I really think the committee should give a lot of credence to the conference tourneys this year. There is so much balance especially in the GLVC, the tourney will really show who deserves a bid and who should be #1.

Comment

We've talked before about how games in the end of season can be weighted heavier for tournament selection. Here are results in last 10 games. I'm getting the impression that the committee has not considered this factor at all this season (I'm looking at you, BU).

1. UIndy 9-1 (road loss at Ill-Springfield)
                            2. Truman 7-3 (road losses at USI, UIndy, and Drury)
                            3. Bellarmine 4-6 (home losses vs Truman, SBU, and UIndy, road losses at Rockhurst, William Jewell, and Ill-Springfield)
                            4. Ferris State 7-3 (home loss vs Northwood, road losses at Ashland and Mich Tech)
                            5. Grand Valley 7-3 (home losses vs Ashland and Northern Mich, road loss at Northwood)
                            6. Missouri-St. Louis 7-3 (road losses at USI, Truman, and Quincy)
                            7. Southern Indiana 9-1 (road loss at UMSL)
                            8. Michigan Tech 6-4 (road losses at GVSU, Northwood, SVSU, and Ferris)
                            9. Davenport 6-4 (home losses vs Northern Mich, Mich Tech, and Ashland, road loss at Michigan Tech)
                            10. Findlay 9-1 (road loss at Walsh)
                            ______
                            Drury 7-3 (road losses at Bellarmine, SBU, and UIndy)

Comment

Originally posted by schnautza View Post
                              We've talked before about how games in the end of season can be weighted heavier for tournament selection. Here are results in last 10 games. I'm getting the impression that the committee has not considered this factor at all this season (I'm looking at you, BU).

1. UIndy 9-1 (road loss at Ill-Springfield)
                              2. Truman 7-3 (road losses at USI, UIndy, and Drury)
                              3. Bellarmine 4-6 (home losses vs Truman, SBU, and UIndy, road losses at Rockhurst, William Jewell, and Ill-Springfield)
                              4. Ferris State 7-3 (home loss vs Northwood, road losses at Ashland and Mich Tech)
                              5. Grand Valley 7-3 (home losses vs Ashland and Northern Mich, road loss at Northwood)
                              6. Missouri-St. Louis 7-3 (road losses at USI, Truman, and Quincy)
                              7. Southern Indiana 9-1 (road loss at UMSL)
                              8. Michigan Tech 6-4 (road losses at GVSU, Northwood, SVSU, and Ferris)
                              9. Davenport 6-4 (home losses vs Northern Mich, Mich Tech, and Ashland, road loss at Michigan Tech)
                              10. Findlay 9-1 (road loss at Walsh)
                              ______
                              Drury 7-3 (road losses at Bellarmine, SBU, and UIndy)
                              In defense I will only state you are being arbitrary in selecting 10 as the number to go back! Hey BU has beaten powerhouses (Quincy and S&T) in last two games.... we are on a roll.

Seriously though all those losses were either in overtime (Indy, WJ), 3 pt field goal in the last 6 seconds or less (Truman, Rockhurst, IUS, WJ again) or where BU had the lead in the last 2 minutes (all of them, except Indy which was tied.) In my opinion in 5 of those 6 games BU did not play that badly, the other team had their best game of the year. Now the loss to WJ was inexcusable, and based on that loss alone I would not be able to argue if BU was not selected. Not only is WJ a bad team but they did not even play particularly well. So BU lost to a bad team that was having a bad night even for them!
                              Last edited by KnightStalker; 02-21-2020, 11:42 AM.

Comment

Haha I guess I could have said last last 7 games (since there are 3 left, that makes 10 at the end) but you guys would still have a losing record at 3-4 for that too! But seriously, I get they were close games, and it really does skew the record. But also remember that most of USI's losses were before they had their full team put together or had key players out for injury/illness, so do we ignore those too?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X