Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GLVC Season Chat

Originally posted by SonOfMafia View Post
    Indy has the talent to beat almost anyone in our league. They will out-athlete USI at almost every position...not to mention Gouard is actually passionate about his team and basketball in general, whereas Wod sits like an overweight bump on a log in a suit that doesn't fit.
    I'm not convinced you are right with regards to UIndy vs USI. Recall last season, we beat them in both meetings. We won by 6 at Indy and by 22 at USI. I'd argue that our team this season is better than last, but I don't know much about Indy's team this year. Did they improve? They did beat Drury (barely) and Rockhurst (barely), but no real standout wins, just like USI.

Comment

If I were coaching another team UINDY would worry me more than USI.

Heck, you play a zone against USI you can **** them down in their tracks...period.

Originally posted by schnautza View Post
      I'm not convinced you are right with regards to UIndy vs USI. Recall last season, we beat them in both meetings. We won by 6 at Indy and by 22 at USI. I'd argue that our team this season is better than last, but I don't know much about Indy's team this year. Did they improve? They did beat Drury (barely) and Rockhurst (barely), but no real standout wins, just like USI.

Comment

I know that Stan is a legend in USI basketball, but he has not impressed me as a coach anymore than Watson. UINDY concerns me because they clearly have more talent than the other teams not named Bellarmine in the league. Bellarmine is going to be their biggest game of the year and when you get talent to focus, they can be dangerous.

Comment

Originally posted by Knightmoves View Post
          I know that Stan is a legend in USI basketball, but he has not impressed me as a coach anymore than Watson. UINDY concerns me because they clearly have more talent than the other teams not named Bellarmine in the league. Bellarmine is going to be their biggest game of the year and when you get talent to focus, they can be dangerous.
          I too have reservations about Stan. He would not be high on my list of potential coaches to replace watson.

Comment

Good recruiter but horrendous at the Xs and Os. One of the few coaches in the league Wod can match wits with.

Comment

Originally posted by bkingbroker View Post
              Good recruiter but horrendous at the Xs and Os. One of the few coaches in the league Wod can match wits with.

Comment

A few good games this Saturday. For the men, Southern Indiana/Bellarmine, Truman/Drury and Indianapolis/Illinois Springfield are the ones to watch IMO. Drury seems to be steadily improving, and it's been well-documented on here that their record should be much better if they had even just had bad luck (up from: rotten luck) in all the close games they have played.

For the women, Truman/Drury is probably the headliner, but I don't know if anyone in the league is even close to Drury's level. A huge gap sorting itself out on the women's side with Drury, Truman, Lewis, Southern Indiana and Maryville pulling away and about the lap the field. Those first four have to be near locks to make the NCAA tourney at this point, and Maryville is probably right in there with Mich Tech and Ferris State for the final spot. Assuming that Ashland, Grand Valley and Cedarville are the other three.

Comment

wonder what the point spread is for the BU/USI game is.

I envision BU winning by 23.

Comment

Originally posted by SonOfMafia View Post
                    wonder what the point spread is for the BU/USI game is.

I envision BU winning by 23.
                    I'll take USI and 23

Comment

I would set the line at Bellarmine -18.

I'll take USI and 23

Comment

Comment

The spread is actually Bellarmine -11 per Massey

Comment

I would bet that all day, every day!

Originally posted by Horsepower View Post
                            The spread is actually Bellarmine -11 per Massey

Comment

Comment

The average margin of victory in the last 10 Bellarmine wins against USI is 12 points. Bet the house on -11 in this game.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X