Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GLVC Season Chat

I know there are a couple of team-specific threads, but to keep Schnautza's Performance Indicators thread someone clean, I thought I'd start this for just general GLVC talk for men's and women's.

Quick thoughts
    Women- Drury, Lewis appear to be the class of the league. USI is off to another good start, but they seem to be creeping by where the first two are just bombing teams out of the water. Truman State looks really deep and long this year, and there are a few others I expect to hang around and play well in McKendree, Maryville and Bellarmine.

Men- Bellarmine is the class of a watered down league this year. Still far and away the top dog, but everyone else is probably down a peg this year. Truman has been a surprise but I don't know if they rebound well enough and have deep enough scoring to survive another 14 league games. Indy and Lewis are both showing good signs for sustained success, but it's hard to get a handle on some upstart teams like Rockhurst and Illinois Springfield. I think William Jewell and Missouri-St. Louis are really dangerous teams with the firepower at the top they have, but I'd like to see UMSL play somewhere other than home (pulling their best Syracuse impersonation) to feel how real they are. Drury had a rough start but lots of home games coming up. So much experience I would be surprised if they don't turn it around and move into the top four in the league.

Re: GLVC Season Chat

How about the spanking Lewis put on Indy @indy? Then factor in the utter crushing Lewis took at Drury and one has to wonder about the 2-5 teams in the GLVC. I would have thought Indy would be rounding into the best challenger to BU in the conference but they can't lose by 20 to their nearest contender at home. Was Lewis's loss at Drury just a fluke?

Comment

Originally posted by KnightStalker View Post
      How about the spanking Lewis put on Indy @indy? Then factor in the utter crushing Lewis took at Drury and one has to wonder about the 2-5 teams in the GLVC. I would have thought Indy would be rounding into the best challenger to BU in the conference but they can't lose by 20 to their nearest contender at home. Was Lewis's loss at Drury just a fluke?
      Definitely was surprised to see that. BU now two losses ahead of everyone else in the league and still seven home games left. I don't know if Lewis is just a bad matchup for Indy, but those are both of the Hounds' losses so far in GLVC play. Indy will pick up another game on Monday at S&T in a makeup from last weekend's snow.

Comment

Lewis, Indy and Drury are mysteries to me. Lewis has had a great season but the margin of the loss to Drury makes them suspect. Indy has as much talent as anyone in the region, but Gouard has probably done less with more than any other coach in the GLVC. Drury has talent and a proven coach but can't win a close game. UMSL and USI are very much in the hunt.

Comment

I just like that my man Moves is burning the proverbial midnight oil.

Comment

Originally posted by BellarmineGrad View Post
            I just like that my man Moves is burning the proverbial midnight oil.
            As r u, my friend.

Comment

Take that back, Watson has definitely done less with more over the past 6-7 years!

Originally posted by Knightmoves View Post
              Lewis, Indy and Drury are mysteries to me. Lewis has had a great season but the margin of the loss to Drury makes them suspect. Indy has as much talent as anyone in the region, but Gouard has probably done less with more than any other coach in the GLVC. Drury has talent and a proven coach but can't win a close game. UMSL and USI are very much in the hunt.

Comment

Nice to see the GLVC basketball referees represented in the NFC title game over the weekend.

Comment

No doubt. The guys that allowed this mugging on Drury's last possession on Saturday had to hurry to New Orleans on Sunday to make sure the Rams could take out Saints wide receivers penalty free.

Nothing like running the perfect inbounds play with 1.7 seconds left down 1, only to come to the understanding that the other team gets to run over the shooter. The refs in this league are a joke. We've lost 3 games this year because of fouls called on us in the last 5 seconds of the game.....and none of them were even close to as bad as this.
                  Last edited by DUPanther; 01-21-2019, 11:14 AM.

Comment

That is bad. The only reason the UIS player to the right of the shooter does not immediately knock over the Drury player is that the shooter is sandwiched in between the UIS players. I am thinking that the Drury team must have some bad people who are being punished for something. Probability alone would dictate that Drury win some of these one score games.

The call was bad, but Drury lost the game because they only scored 3 points in the last 5:11 of the game.
                    Last edited by Knightmoves; 01-21-2019, 03:01 PM.

Comment

That is bad. The only reason the UIS player to the right of the shooter does not immediately knock over the Drury player is that the shooter is sandwiched in between the UIS players. I am thinking that the Drury team must have some bad people who are being punished for something. Probability alone would dictate that Drury win some of these one score games.

The call was bad, but Drury lost the game because they only scored 3 points in the last 5:11 of the game.

Comment

GLVC Point Rating System (Men)
                        1. Bellarmine, 5.00
                        2. Southern Indiana, 3.93
                        3. Missouri-St. Louis, 3.69
                        4. Illinois Springfield, 3.50
                        5. Lewis, 3.42
                        6. Indianapolis, 3.33
                        7. Truman State, 3.06
                        8. Rockhurst, 3.00
                        ---
                        T9. Drury / McKendree, 2.79
                        11. Quincy, 2.56
                        12. Maryville, 2.44
                        13. William Jewell, 2.21
                        14. Missouri S&T, 2.07

GLVC Point Rating System (Women)
                        1. Drury, 4.50
                        2. Southern Indiana, 4.43
                        T3. Maryville / Truman State / Lewis, 4.00
                        6. William Jewell, 3.00
                        7. McKendree, 2.86
                        T8. Illinois Springfield / Missouri S&T, 2.71
                        ---
                        10. Quincy, 2.63
                        T11. Bellarmine / Rockhurst, 2.57
                        13. Missouri-St. Louis, 2.19
                        14. Indianapolis, 2.00

Comment

Illinois-Springield's current relatively high standing is a product of their conference schedule to date. They have 11 games left, 7 on the road. Their four home games are against the 4 best teams in the league. It is unlikely they will win 4 more games in the regular season. Of course, the point system gives them a chance to gain because they are playing good teams.

M-SL has a much more favorable remaining schedule.

Comment

Illinois-Springield's current relatively high standing is a product of their conference schedule to date. They have 11 games left, 7 on the road. Their four home games are against the 4 best teams in the league. It is unlikely they will win 4 more games in the regular season. Of course, the point system gives them a chance to gain because they are playing good teams.

M-SL has a much more favorable remaining schedule.
                            Agreed on UMSL. No reason they can't go 4-1 at home to close it out (MU, RU, WJC, DU, MST) and their road games have a couple tricky spots but otherwise aren't bad (MST, DU, INDY, LEWIS, MU).

Hadn't looked at UIS schedule until you just mentioned it. That's brutal to close. No real "gimme" road game left (they really need to go 2-0 this weekend through the TSU/QU trip) and the four at home aren't cupcakes either.

Comment

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X