• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watson retires

The search begins...

Stan Gouard???

Comment

Hopefully the lame duck administration doesn't do this "national search" like they have done for the past 2 Presidential searches and land on Brent Owen! Another lame duck hiring may just ruin the basketball program forever!

Comment

Kyle Smithpeters please

Comment

JM is still there so you can bet it will be some passive personality, a token hire, or lil Brent.

Comment

Gouard or Smithpeters....I saw where Smithpetersw finalist at SEMO along with Watson, which makes one scratch their head.
            Last edited by HoosierDaddy; 03-23-2020, 06:54 PM.

Comment

Huh, too bad Pitino took the Iona job. :bulgy-eyes:

Comment

Comment

I knew he would leave after he set the wins record with his pathetic scheduling. What a crock to have him as the all time winningest coach in program history. All of those 20 win seasons with crap scheduling.

We need someone in here with some energy to get butts back in seats. We are going to lose the strong contingent of Illinois people coming over the watch Rodney on the bench. Turn the page now, don't even consider hiring Brent or anyone that has ever coached under Rodney. Bring in some new blood to revitalize the program.

Comment

With the current state of the nation, a 'national search' will be difficult. I would love to have Stan as our coach. What is the possibility of the former NKU coach who is currently acting as an assistant at KWC?

Comment

Congratulations to Coach Watson. Despite the naysayers on this board, Watson was a good coach and is a good man. I think some of you are about to get a lesson in how tough it is to get a really good coach and how hard it is to win at this level. I will say that USI is as well positioned to get a good coach as any D2 school could be.

Comment

Congratulations and thank you to Coach Watson. He represented the University honorably and sounds as if he plans to continue to do so. From the start after the NCAA sanctions I wanted a coach that would do things right. And he gave us that. He outwardly cares for his players and has a good conference record. We always had a target on our chest in conference, while playing in the tougher east division. Sure, I questioned the non conference scheduling, wanted him to have a higher profile in the community and was disappointed with the early exits from the NCAAs. That said, no one can ever take away that he took the team to one of our three legitimate final fours. He is leaving the program in a great place. His timing gives the search folks plenty of time to fill the position. The new coach should have a nice core of returning players, new arena, a newly energized student body and the recent NCAA success to build on.

Comment

Originally posted by SonOfMafia View Post
                          Hopefully the lame duck administration doesn't do this "national search" like they have done for the past 2 Presidential searches and land on Brent Owen! Another lame duck hiring may just ruin the basketball program forever!

Comment

Originally posted by WalkerEaglefan83 View Post
                            Congratulations and thank you to Coach Watson. He represented the University honorably and sounds as if he plans to continue to do so. From the start after the NCAA sanctions I wanted a coach that would do things right. And he gave us that. He outwardly cares for his players and has a good conference record. We always had a target on our chest in conference, while playing in the tougher east division. Sure, I questioned the non conference scheduling, wanted him to have a higher profile in the community and was disappointed with the early exits from the NCAAs. That said, no one can ever take away that he took the team to one of our three legitimate final fours. He is leaving the program in a great place. His timing gives the search folks plenty of time to fill the position. The new coach should have a nice core of returning players, new arena, a newly energized student body and the recent NCAA success to build on.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X