Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UINDY You Are On The Clock

Stan's leaving you.

Did folks consider him a good coach as far as Xs and Os?? I know he could recruit some. Did the coaching match the talent?? And did he ever get the fans to show? Know their football program has been packing games for years. Just under 10,000 when I saw their football play Hillsdale couple years ago and the game I attended last year around 6,000.

Comment

My perception from the outside is that he's better at recruiting than in-game coaching, but I think it's a good hire and expect him to be successful at USI.

I lived in Indy for quite a few years, and no one pays any attention to UIndy hoops; but, to be fair, it's a crowded sports market.

Comment

Originally posted by BellarmineGrad View Post
        My perception from the outside is that he's better at recruiting than in-game coaching, but I think it's a good hire and expect him to be successful at USI.

I lived in Indy for quite a few years, and no one pays any attention to UIndy hoops; but, to be fair, it's a crowded sports market.
        Football school in a basketball state.

Comment

Originally posted by BellarmineGrad View Post

Comment

Heh, yeah it's not an attractive area -- for sure.

Just off the cuff, outside of the games against Bellarmine, I think they'd average 600 or so in the house.

Comment

Forgot about mid 90s. I was there with my pops and a lot of people had to stand and watch from the concourse. Good forward out of Michigan - Holbart. And of course Royce Waltman.

Indy LivePD in Lawrence Township north east corner! And worst part of town is near East. U Indy south east but full of working class homes north of their campus. Also a Seminary that seems the campus will probably grow into some day. Still doesn't make a lot of sense that they fill their football into the aisles and can't get more than 600 for basketball.

Comment

https://twitter.com/Bballscoop1/stat...249081857?s=20

The SCOOP, kinda.

Comment

https://twitter.com/Bballscoop1/stat...468785154?s=19

Comment

From the Basketball Scoop link:
                    6 names that I am hearing for the head job at UINDY are: 1. Kareem Richardson - Indiana State Associate HC 2. Scott Heady - Marian University HC 3. John Spruance - UINDY AC 4. Paul Corsaro - IPFW AC 5. Michael Lewis - UCLA AC 6. Dave Ragland - Utah State AC
                    Corsaro played football at U Indy. Richardson has a U Indy degree. Without looking it up seems like he stuck around for a Grad Assnt there. Heady played basketball at U Indy. Not a Scott Heady fan. Not the friendliest guy and his dad set him up for his breaks as a coach. Lewis is an IU guy. Ragland would be an interesting hire.
                    Last edited by michiganfb; 04-11-2020, 09:40 AM.

Comment

Kareem Richardson might be it,his family lives in Carmel already even when he was at UMKC they lived here. Plus he coached with Waltman

Comment

HIred Paul Corsaro yesterday. Was a 2 sport guy at U Indy ten years ago. Football and Basketball. Played a year of football at Youngstown State making a tackle as a true frosh on kickoff vs Ohio State before transferring to U Indy to play on both sides of the ball at QB and Safety. All time leading BB scorer for the Catholic School closest to U Indy. I'm thinking basketball will be more supportive of the football program here out - my take was that Stan wasn't thrilled about playing in the shadow of football as far as following and interest on campus. Like other schools have done you need to appreciate the excitement and let football grow even bigger and the enthusiasm will carry over to other sports as well.

Comment

Originally posted by michiganfb View Post
                          HIred Paul Corsaro yesterday. Was a 2 sport guy at U Indy ten years ago. Football and Basketball. Played a year of football at Youngstown State making a tackle as a true frosh on kickoff vs Ohio State before transferring to U Indy to play on both sides of the ball at QB and Safety. All time leading BB scorer for the Catholic School closest to U Indy. I'm thinking basketball will be more supportive of the football program here out - my take was that Stan wasn't thrilled about playing in the shadow of football as far as following and interest on campus. Like other schools have done you need to appreciate the excitement and let football grow even bigger and the enthusiasm will carry over to other sports as well.
                          They put together a press conference online video. Corsaro sticks out as the presentable communicative guy in the mix:

Comment

Corsaro picks up two right away: Jackobie Robinson transfer from GLVC McKendree where he was on the Frosh All Conference Team - 3 years left. Aaron Etherington transfer from Toledo who had brothers at IU and UIndy - 4 years left.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X