Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lindenwood Lions

Last year's thread was "New Member Lindenwood" They're no longer new so here's a new one.

They looked much more jelled as a ream tonight against MS&T for an 89-70 win. Of course opening against the Miners and Maryville is probably a good way to get off to a good start. Defense looked more aggressive.Crockett nailed 31. Central Michigan transfer Burrell looks to be a good add. Miss live action but video was pretty good.

Congratulations on the Lions season opener basketball victory. Speaking of Lindenwood, you've got a great rugby program.

Last edited by crixus; 11-28-2020, 12:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by crixus View Post
      Congratulations on the Lions season opener basketball victory. Speaking of Lindenwood, you've got a great rugby program.

When this nightmare is over and we can go out again I want to hit about three or four new sports a year at Lindenwood. They run so many programs that I will be dead long before I get to all of 'em.

Comment

Originally posted by Grizzled LU View Post

When this nightmare is over and we can go out again I want to hit about three or four new sports a year at Lindenwood. They run so many programs that I will be dead long before I get to all of 'em.
        That's great, especially in an era where many schools are dropping programs.

Comment

Originally posted by crixus View Post

That's great, especially in an era where many schools are dropping programs.
          A quick count of their web site shows 51 sports. I'm 75 so three sports a year means I'll be 92 if I hang on that long.

Comment

Originally posted by Grizzled LU View Post

A quick count of their web site shows 51 sports. I'm 75 so three sports a year means I'll be 92 if I hang on that long.
            Rugby is a fun one to watch. Confusing, but very entertaining!

Comment

Thanks to the GLVC about the presence on ROKU. Got to see most of the men's and women's games, also looked at a few of the other schools. First the women:

The women are having a bit of trouble so far. Looked great against Drury for the first half, then the wheels REALLY came off. Last year I got to more than half of the games in person and I get to a few South Dakota State games a year, seeing women's games only when there's a double header. They like women's basketball a lot in South Dakota and SDSU is a top 25 program, but Drury could hold its own in a mid major conference. Most impressive GLVC program out there.

Having said that, Julia Rezevich is scoring in the low twenties ppg, roughly where Kallie Bildner was for last season. Bildner was an exceptional player for her entire career, but last year had five players in double figures, so far only two scoring over ten this year (including Fuhring) although Hennesey Handy is right under the mark at 9.2. Handy was hurt much of last year and might still not be up to par, but this is a veteran term that's getting out scored in average PPG. They need to do better. The UMSL loss was especially disappointing.

Men's season later. I'm no expert on this, so it would be great if Leo the Lion or some others from last year chime in. Don't like to talk to myself.

Comment

On the men's side, Lindenwood is 4-2 going into the new year. Given the fact that last year's team was assembled from scrap by a late summer coaching change and wins in the early season were fluffed up by a bunch of NAIA opponents, I think this year's team looks quite a bit more jelled. I'm odd in that most of my other college following is the Summit (SDSU), so I'm always comparing the GLVC by what I'd see in a low mid major league. Certainly Crockett is an exceptional player who could play at that level. He'd give away about four inches on average to the Jackrabbit back court (year in year out) but has a ton of athleticism and scoring ability. Knocking down 25 ppg and being two time player of the week is really something. I think Trimbell and Burrell are probably better than the players they replaced. Like the fact that the Lions are playing a deeper bench. This is a team that relies on Jucos and transfers so it's both a new and veteran team. South Dakota State is always recruiting sophomores in high school so you get some kind of idea of who's coming up. This is a team that runs a lot of old timers who are new. Good and bad, but there's always a rebuilding tension. Question: What happened to Kace Kitchel? Hasn't had any time this year, is he still on the team? As I said in the women's end of year wrap up, I don't know much about this so it would be nice if someone else would jump in.
                Last edited by Grizzled LU; 01-02-2021, 06:55 PM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                Working...
                X