Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NCAA Tournament reduced

Looks like we will have a field of 48 teams in the tourney this year.
    https://www.ncaa.org/about/resources...PvU569erY36WXo

I assume that will mean 6 teams in each of the 8 regions. No details in this release on selection. Auto-bids seem much bigger now, unless they revise the selection process.

From what I've read: "It doesn't necessarily mean a reduction to six teams in each region across the board. Could be uneven like in baseball. Also, some conferences haven't even started yet and may opt out of the year. That could account for the reduction in teams. This will certainly complicate the NCAA DII bubble picture."

Comment

Originally posted by crazznewt View Post
      From what I've read: "It doesn't necessarily mean a reduction to six teams in each region across the board. Could be uneven like in baseball. Also, some conferences haven't even started yet and may opt out of the year. That could account for the reduction in teams. This will certainly complicate the NCAA DII bubble picture."
      This would make sense, as I know there's at least one conference out west that isn't playing this year at all. Would be nice if they allocated specifically on the number of teams eligible per region. If all three conferences end up getting a decently-full season in, then hopefully we could keep 7 or 8 bids.

Comment

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
        Working...
        X