• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2019 Elite Eight

FINAL- Northwest MO 55 Mercyhurst 51

If you missed the first game- St Anselm 91 Nova Southeastern 81

Comment

First 500 USI students get in free tonight, I heard that line is VERY LONG at this moment outside the venue to get those first 500 tix...students are showing UP

Comment

Originally posted by kdubnation View Post
        It certainly does boggle the mind how it's possible this NW Mo St. team is 35-0. I thought both of the teams in the first game looked better than either team in this one do.

Comment

Somebody gets it.

1 starter didn't play, another is playing on an ankle that would make you cringe if you saw it, and their best player went down in second half and couldn't return because he literally couldn't run. The game that NW played today is not indicative of their year.

They played 3 guys today between 17-23 minutes that averaged around 5-10 all year. Unfortunately, no one is going to see them at full strength from here on out and see what this team has looked like all year.

Comment

Originally posted by NWHoops View Post
            Somebody gets it.

1 starter didn't play, another is playing on an ankle that would make you cringe if you saw it, and their best player went down in second half and couldn't return because he literally couldn't run. The game that NW played today is not indicative of their year.

They played 3 guys today between 17-23 minutes that averaged around 5-10 all year. Unfortunately, no one is going to see them at full strength from here on out and see what this team has looked like all year.
            I know the feeling.

Comment

Originally posted by kdubnation View Post
              It certainly does boggle the mind how it's possible this NW Mo St. team is 35-0. I thought both of the teams in the first game looked better than either team in this one do.

Comment

Hey Ford Center, open some more entrances tomorrow night and open the balcony, USI is going to get to 10K attendance tomorrow night

Comment

There had to be at least 7,000 or 8,000 fans here tonight, crowd was great, Evansville is behind USI with great numbers! How about the U-S-I! chant late in the game! The crowd was roaring and could barely here myself. They could have a sell out crowd tomorrow! You can mark down 10K for the crowd tomorrow and more!

Comment

7330 is the number I saw. Record setting for quarter/semifinal round. Only D2 e8 game to beat it is the 2013 championship round when they played in the same city as the D1 final 4, with 7763 fans. We can easily beat that tomorrow.

Comment

Great game...crowd was phenomenal...USI fans will be taking over the first game tonight as well!

Comment

USI is probably giving out 1000 student tix tonight, I would expect 9K as the buzz is there today to be at the game. Better get there for the first game, the balcony will be open and more entrances to the facility will actually be opened tonight.

If Eagles win better get tix tonight as tix for Saturday will go FAST.

Comment

As a responsible adult I feel as though I must apologize and eat my crow for what I said about USI being lucky to get 3000 at the E8. I am stupefied at the amount of people that came out to support your team. Kudos for that.

Comment

Comment

Purdue was playing as well as others. Also 830-9 start not good for kids got school at 705 or Toyota worker clock in at 600

Comment

I'm guessing the sweet 16 games had something to do with the smaller attendance, especially with Purdue and Michigan both playing. Lots of those fans around here.
                                As for the quiet spots...there was an element of absolute frustration with the horrendous refs that was making it very difficult to get into the game.
                                I hope for your sake that they can call a good balanced game tomorrow. Best of luck to you all.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X