Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've got a hunch that the margin between 2 and 4 was so slim that UMSL will hop over USI if they win at least one more (even with a championship loss). USI is in a powerless position, however, this may help them in the end because it seems like they may have been rescued from an upset.

I also suspect that Wayne State's loss today dropped them below both UMSL and USI.
    So at the moment, USI is looking like they'll hold onto the 3?

Comment

Comment

Comment

That's a resilient Ashland Women's team that finished the irregular season at 12-7 and continued their recent turnaround by winning 2 games via upsets in their conference tournament.

Never underestimate the heart of a champion.

Comment

Glvc guarantees a spoiler with Drury upsetting UMSL today

Comment

Diego Bernard hits two free throws to give Northwest the lead in the MIAA Championship Game with seconds left. Then this: https://twitter.com/i/status/1368382448736739329

Comment

Well, at this point either Drury or Lewis are in. I have to assume that they steal the 6th seed as they both have more losses than the other teams...so then the two remaining scenarios are MTU over Ashland, or Ashland over MTU. That one appears to have some major implications in seeding. Neither of Ashland's wins really appear that strong, so I am assuming their only chance in is with a 5 seed auto bid. I make these predictions with the assumption that original seeds 2 thru 5 were extremely close together initially with records being very similar.

If MTU wins, I predict:

1 Truman
                2 MTU
                2 USI
                3 UMSL
                5 Wayne State
                6 Drury/Lewis

if Ashland wins, I predict:
                1 Truman
                2 USI
                3 UMSL
                4 MTU
                5 Ashland
                6 Drury/Lewis

it's very hard to predict how far Wayne State falls since they took a first round loss to a 5-11 team and the auto-bids awarded very much clog up a 6-team field.
                Last edited by schnautza; 03-06-2021, 11:39 PM.

Comment

Lewis and Ashland it is! Turning the rankings upside down...

Comment

No proof,so take it with a grain of salt...but I heard a rumor that Conference Tournament winners will get #1 and #2 seeds!! Can you imagine Lewis and Ashland as 1 and 2 seeds? Those first games will be brutal.

Also since there is no way to compare conferences to each other, don't be surprised to see regional as 3 GLVC v 3 GLIAC. Which poses the question...who gets bumped USI or UMSL? A team that hasn't played for 2 weeks or Tournament semifinalist?
                    Last edited by WKYDave; 03-07-2021, 06:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by WKYDave View Post
                      No proof,so take it with a grain of salt...but I heard a rumor that Conference Tournament winners will get #1 and #2 seeds!! Can you imagine Lewis and Ashland as 1 and 2 seeds? Those first games will be brutal.

Also since there is no way to compare conferences to each other, don't be surprised to see regional as 3 GLVC v 3 GLIAC. Which poses the question...who gets bumped USI or UMLS? A team that hasn't played for 2 weeks or Tournament semifinalist?

Comment

I agree...that's why I said "grain of salt"...it could be that "conference champion" will get bye and if there is clear upset in Tournament they will look at regular season champion.

Comment

Comment

Rumor was false....Fort Hays women lost championship but still are #1 seed...whew!

That said 2 other times women's Regional #1 lost in conference tournaments they dropped. Undefeated Lander lost championship to N. Georgia and N GA took #1 in NCAA. In East Region #1 and #2 lost in tournaments and #3 wins theirs (beating #2) and vaults to #1.
                            Last edited by WKYDave; 03-07-2021, 08:41 PM.

Comment

Truman #1 Seed Midwest
                              Hillsdale #1 Seed Atlantic

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X