Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Men (Evansville, IN; Ford Center) -- all times CT:
    Wednesday, March 24
    Game 1 - 12:00 pm - #4 Lincoln Memorial (18-3; Southeast) vs. #5 Colorado School of Mines (18-2; West)
    Game 2 - 2:45 pm - #1 West Texas A&M (17-2; South Central) vs. #8 Daemen (10-5; East)
    Game 3 - 6:00 pm - #2 Northwest Missouri (25-2; Central) vs. #7 West Liberty (18-4; Atlantic)
    Game 4 - 8:45 pm - #3 Flagler (17-2; South) vs. #6 Truman State (20-2; Midwest)

Thursday, March 25
    Game 5 - 6:00 pm - Game 1 Winner vs. Game 2 Winner - CBS Sports Network
    Game 6 - 8:45 pm - Game 3 Winner vs. Game 4 Winner - CBS Sports Network

Saturday, March 27
    Game 7 - 11:00 am - Game 5 Winner vs. Game 6 Winner - CBS

Women (Columbus, OH; Greater Columbus Convention Center) -- all times CT:
    Tuesday, March 23
    Game 1 - 11:00 am - #3 Drury (22-1; Midwest) vs. #6 Charleston (19-2; Atlantic) -- Drury 74-66
    Game 2 - 1:45 pm - #2 Lander (19-1; South) vs. #7 Azusa Pacific (12-4; West) -- Lander 88-76
    Game 3 - 5:00 pm - #1 Lubbock Christian (20-0; South Central) vs. #8 Daemen (14-2; East) -- Lubbock Christian 66-49
    Game 4 - 7:45 pm - #4 Belmont Abbey (24-2; Southeast) vs. #5 Central Missouri (22-4; Central) -- Central Missouri 65-42

Wednesday, March 24
    Game 5 - 5:00 pm - #2 Lander (20-1) vs. #3 Drury (23-1)
    Game 6 - 7:45 pm - #1 Lubbock Christian (21-0) vs. #5 Central Missouri (23-4)

Friday, March 26
    Game 7 - 7:00 pm - Game 5 Winner vs. Game 6 Winner
    Last edited by TSU_Mike59; 03-24-2021, 06:51 AM.

Comment

I did a cursory review of Flagler and it looks like their offense runs through a 6'2 guard that averages 24 points per game in 36 minutes per game. He was named to the All-American team yesterday along with Cade McKnight.

They have others that can score, but only two others that average in double figures.

Rebounding and post play should be an advantage for Truman

It should be an interesting game.

Comment

Originally posted by UMSLguy View Post
        I did a cursory review of Flagler and it looks like their offense runs through a 6'2 guard that averages 24 points per game in 36 minutes per game. He was named to the All-American team yesterday along with Cade McKnight.

They have others that can score, but only two others that average in double figures.

Rebounding and post play should be an advantage for Truman

It should be an interesting game.
        Really not sure how to predict tonight. This year, Truman's done really well defending a high-scoring, high-usage guard from other teams (see: TJ Crockett from Lindenwood, 19 points on 22 shots; Conley Garrison from Drury, 3 points on 7 shots; Julien Smith from Missouri S&T, 14 points on 15 shots), so I'd like to think they'll put someone like Hazekamp or even Peeters on their big scoring guard to try and slow him down. It's so hard with such limited exposure out of conference this year to really have any idea how some of these guys play. Is the guy a deadeye shooter, or is he someone who creates? That will make a big difference on the defensive assignment.

You're right though on the height/interior- Truman really needs to dominate that area tonight. If McKnight can stay out of foul trouble, then I think he is poised for a huge night.

Let's go!

Comment

In my three-minute effort to scout Flagler,I did not scout the defense.

The two guards for Flagler were lightning quick.

The officials were absolutely terrible.

Comment

Men (Evansville, IN; Ford Center) -- all times CT:
            Wednesday, March 24
            Game 1 - 12:00 pm - #4 Lincoln Memorial (18-3; Southeast) vs. #5 Colorado School of Mines (18-2; West) -- Lincoln Memorial 90-76
            Game 2 - 2:45 pm - #1 West Texas A&M (17-2; South Central) vs. #8 Daemen (10-5; East) -- West Texas A&M 97-83
            Game 3 - 6:00 pm - #2 Northwest Missouri (25-2; Central) vs. #7 West Liberty (18-4; Atlantic) -- Northwest Missouri 98-77
            Game 4 - 8:45 pm - #3 Flagler (17-2; South) vs. #6 Truman State (20-2; Midwest) -- Flagler 70-69

Thursday, March 25
            Game 5 - 6:00 pm - #1 West Texas A&M (18-2) vs. #4 Lincoln Memorial (19-3) - CBS Sports Network
            Game 6 - 8:45 pm - #2 Northwest Missouri (26-2) vs. #3 Flagler (18-2) - CBS Sports Network

Saturday, March 27
            Game 7 - 11:00 am - Game 5 Winner vs. Game 6 Winner - CBS

Women (Columbus, OH; Greater Columbus Convention Center) -- all times CT:
            Tuesday, March 23
            Game 1 - 11:00 am - #3 Drury (22-1; Midwest) vs. #6 Charleston (19-2; Atlantic) -- Drury 74-66
            Game 2 - 1:45 pm - #2 Lander (19-1; South) vs. #7 Azusa Pacific (12-4; West) -- Lander 88-76
            Game 3 - 5:00 pm - #1 Lubbock Christian (20-0; South Central) vs. #8 Daemen (14-2; East) -- Lubbock Christian 66-49
            Game 4 - 7:45 pm - #4 Belmont Abbey (24-2; Southeast) vs. #5 Central Missouri (22-4; Central) -- Central Missouri 65-42

Wednesday, March 24
            Game 5 - 5:00 pm - #2 Lander (20-1) vs. #3 Drury (23-1) -- Drury 74-65
            Game 6 - 7:45 pm - #1 Lubbock Christian (21-0) vs. #5 Central Missouri (23-4) -- Lubbock Christian 63-61

Friday, March 26
            Game 7 - 7:00 pm - #1 Lubbock Christian (22-0) vs. #3 Drury (24-1) - CBS Sports Network

Comment

Originally posted by UMSLguy View Post
              In my three-minute effort to scout Flagler,I did not scout the defense.

The two guards for Flagler were lightning quick.

The officials were absolutely terrible.
              A real bummer last night. McKnight was truly unstoppable in the first half. I think Coach Horner said it perfectly in his postgame press conference that while he thought they played well, they just needed one more guy. That Flagler guard was really good.

An incredible season though despite everything going with COVID. 20-3 and four starters set to come back pending any transfers.

Comment

The Lady Panthers beat Lander and will play Lubbock Christian Friday for the National Championship after Drury fell behind early and trailed at the half for the second straight game.

Paige Robinson had 26 points and Azia Lynch scored 22 points and grabbed 16 rebounds.

The following was posted on March 12th:
                https://twitter.com/i/status/1370477737710923778

I've got to admit I was a doubter because of the loss of the four outstanding players from last season. I did post on here that I thought it would take a coach of the year effort by Eagan and that is what happened. Paige Robinson having the D2 POY season certainly helped.
                Last edited by crazznewt; 03-25-2021, 10:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TSU_Mike59 View Post

A real bummer last night. McKnight was truly unstoppable in the first half. I think Coach Horner said it perfectly in his postgame press conference that while he thought they played well, they just needed one more guy. That Flagler guard was really good.

An incredible season though despite everything going with COVID. 20-3 and four starters set to come back pending any transfers.
                  Congratulations to the 'Dogs on a great season! Getting to 20 wins this season was noteworthy to say the least. By their play in that game, Truman proved they belonged in the E8.

Comment

West Texas A&M advanced on a highlight buzzer beater, and Northwest Missouri buzzsawed past Flagler for those two schools to reach Saturday's championship. Tipoff for that is 11 am on CBS before the D1 Sweet 16 gets underway.

Comment

Originally posted by TSU_Mike59 View Post
                      West Texas A&M advanced on a highlight buzzer beater, and Northwest Missouri buzzsawed past Flagler for those two schools to reach Saturday's championship. Tipoff for that is 11 am on CBS before the D1 Sweet 16 gets underway.
                      I watched the second half last night- what an ending. Had the second game on but lost interest after it became a blowout.

Comment

This is a fun sequence to watch from the NW Missouri /Flagler game.
                        https://twitter.com/i/status/1375433150721970178

The Lady Panthers face a formidable opponent tonight in the National Championship Game.
                        Coach Steve Gomez is one of the best as is his Lubbock Christian team on a yearly basis. Hoping for a good game.

Comment

This Northwest Missouri team is as good as any D II team that I can remember. And that is going 20+ years. They have no weaknesses in that starting 5, have a good bench they can go to, and obviously they are extremely well coached. They put on a basketball clinic last night.

Comment

Originally posted by bkingbroker View Post
                            This Northwest Missouri team is as good as any D II team that I can remember. And that is going 20+ years. They have no weaknesses in that starting 5, have a good bench they can go to, and obviously they are extremely well coached. They put on a basketball clinic last night.
                            They have been good for a few years.Also the Bernard kid is a freakish athlete who can also play.

Comment

Lubbock is tough. Undefeated in the toughest D2 Womens Conference. Held opponents to 49 points a game and 35 percent shooting. Big and athletic across the board.
                              It will be interesting to see how Paige plays after spraining an ankle late in the last game.

Comment

Doesn't look good. Drury down 6 with 49 seconds left. If they lose, these seniors would have only lost 6 games in their 4 years and 2 have come against Lubbock Christian.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X