Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by schnautza View Post

I'm using VC as linked in my original post. I don't have twitter but don't doubt it's probably a step ahead.
    FYI, you dont have to have to be a Twitter twit and be a tweeter to access player, coach and team tweets.

I usually look on Verbal Commits to see who has been offered then look at their Twitter page to get the latest.

Most of the time a prospective recruit will tweet what schools have offered him / her, and they even tweet when other players they know get signed at a school.

I cant keep up with the recruiting schedule, but I think D1 is in a dead period until June 1st. Twitter chatter has slowed way down as a result. It will liven up again soon.

There has been a lot of D2 players transferring to D1 so far, even to the power schools. An example is the Missouri Southern player that is transfering to Kansas.

Comment

Ashland picked up a nice Transfer from Kent State in 6'9 Evan Bainbridge.

Comment

Original post updated again - lots of pieces falling in line now, including Emmanuel Little committing to Nichols State.

Comment

Verbal commits should pick up in June after the "Dead period" is over.

I've noticed several of the early transfer commits have had past connections with an assistant coach of their new team. Another example of why it pays to be good to people always.

It will be interesting to see which GLVC teams are able to capitalize on this particular transfer portal. I hope this won't be a case of the rich getting richer because of the talent gap getting wider between teams.

Comment

https://twitter.com/franfraschilla/s...966298113?s=20

Looks to me like some programs are staying completely away from the portal.....so far

Comment

Lindenwood signed 6'6" Karrington Davis out of JUCO. Played for Southern Illinois his freshman year. Listed as a three star on Verbal Commits.

Comment

Ashland Women's basketball team pick up a nice transfer in Macy Spielman from Bowling Green. Should add some much needed talent to the guard position for the eagles next year, who brings everyone back.

Comment

William Jewell has picked up Heritier Tshiyoyo, a 6'8" D1 transfer from Tarleton State.

Comment

Kentucky Wesleyan picked up a couple of transfers, including a 6'2" PG transfer from D1 Bradley. Averaged 10 minutes a game over his career, nearly two to one assist/turnover ratio.

Comment

Yes, VC doesn't update us very often but it was announced on KWC's site a while back that we signed the PG from Bradley and also - interestingly enough - Notre Dame (OH) combo guard who led them in scoring last season, along with a big from an NAIA in Montana. Also, not a transfer but we signed Beechwood (KY) HS Scotty Draud who overtook former Panther Brandon Hatton's 9th region all-time scoring record his senior season with over 3000 points in his career. And led Beechwood to some of their best seasons ever which is significant in that Beechwood is decidedly NOT a basketball school as they are a very small private school who is always dominant in football and basketball is something of an afterthought.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X