Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New GLVC Member - Lindenwood

Have not seen or heard much at all since the announcement of the new hire. My guess would be that the local recruits and players will stay on board, but tough to say if others will follow the coaching staff. I know Randall had a high school commit from the high school he and his dad used to coach at in Wisconsin, Coach Hamm also had a pair of brothers signed (one a JUCO prospect, the other a D1 transfer from Air Force) that were from his area in Kentucky. Those would be the recruits I see most likely to follow Randall to St. Leo.

Comment

Officially no returning starters from the previous years team. Diego Womack was set up for a big junior year, he is a bouncy wing man who is much better than his stats showed as he was overshadowed by two 1000 point scoring seniors. He will be a good player for whoever is able to pick him up.

https://twitter.com/Diego_Womack/sta...04394322575360

Comment

Well, Womack's departure certainly hurts a lot.

South Dakota lost their best player, Stanley Umude, but returning medical redshirts and grabbing two stellar D2 transfers by Todd Lee made him reconsider. Hopefully the new coach will be on campus and able to do a sell-job and keep him around.

The St. Louis market is such that unless someone is shot on campus, there's next to no coverage for LU. This and their sports information people are probably more apt to be students??? than a mid major d1 program. At any rate, they need to get some assistant coaches in place and start putting out positive information on newcomers-- if there are any.

Notice that Hamm is not listed as an assistant coach on the St. Leo's website, so is he just hanging around waiting to hear if he has a job?

This is awfully late to be having the wheels drop off. Too lazy to know what happened to the St. Leo's HC position to cause such a late switch.

Hopefully the new coach has the presence of someone like Brad Soderberg. Had him speak to a service club I belong to and at the last second he found out that two in his audience were South Dakota State grads. Put in about three minutes detailing his experiences in Brookings without a hiccup and tied everything into getting out to some LU games. That convinced me and I've been going to Lindenwood games ever since. That's what a head coach should be doing.

Comment

Apparently St. Leo's former HC is now an assistant at Rice. Late changes bring havoc, but I'm hopeful Gerdeman will be better than a .500 coach.

Comment

The main concern for me is that if there is major roster turnover in July, how well will Gerdeman be able to fill out the roster on such short notice? and what quality of player is still out there this far into the summer?

Comment

Originally posted by LeoTheLion View Post
              The main concern for me is that if there is major roster turnover in July, how well will Gerdeman be able to fill out the roster on such short notice? and what quality of player is still out there this far into the summer?
              Is anyone even working out on campus?

Comment

Hamm was still on contact list (all athletic staff) when I checked Friday.

Comment

Have to grab graduates with a year of eligibility left and maybe put them on as assistants for 20-21 and fill in with NAIA level players and cut them loose after next year. Dumpster fire time.

Comment

Brothers Wade and Jared Coomer will be following the staff to St. Leo.

https://twitter.com/wadecoomer23/sta...78045657636864
                    https://twitter.com/jaredcoomer12/st...65887351857152

Comment

Well, that was to be expected. The sports information staff needs to start reporting and the new coach needs to get some news out to 'em.

Comment

See that Stugart has recruited some bigger horses. When South Dakota State was transitioning to D1 everyone bailed or got sick and we had a year playing football players. Not a pretty sight but you gotta do what you gotta do. Silence on basketball side is disturbing.

Comment

Originally posted by Grizzled LU View Post
                          See that Stugart has recruited some bigger horses. When South Dakota State was transitioning to D1 everyone bailed or got sick and we had a year playing football players. Not a pretty sight but you gotta do what you gotta do. Silence on basketball side is disturbing.
                          If you remember the 2016-17 season there was a number of players who had gotten kicked off of the team for off court issues and the roster was thin due to injuries, Randall was forced to add a few football players to the roster who ended up being big time contributors for a 21 win team. Bakari Triggs who was a corner back on the football team also started 16 games at point guard for the basketball team that year, averaging 8 points and 4 rebounds while being named to the MIAA all defensive team. Max Meylor was a back up QB on the football team who started 22 games on the basketball team over 2 years while shooting 47% from 3. While it's not ideal, at the D2 level I think there are plenty of great athletes on the football team that could contribute on the hardwood.

Comment

Comment

Assistant Coach named, one recruit added. Doesn't appear that Ryan Hamm is with the program any longer based on the tweet from the newest Lindenwood Lion, Kace Kitchel.

https://twitter.com/LUMensBball/stat...77387350523904
                              https://twitter.com/kace_kitchel/sta...56996975374336

Comment

This may be a rough year for Gerdeman. Hoping he's given an opportunity to build the program up.
                                Cool Story Bro

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X