Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The mutt team that could! Three players on the team and a brand new coach and he assembled a group that looked like they were having fun. And it worked... 1-0 with a win over Parkside 75-74 and TJ Crockett who was a five point a game guy for two years nails 34. WTF? Some parallels with my alma mater South Dakota State here as it's two new teams with two new coaches and both are undefeated. SDSU is young, with a couple of jucos thrown in. LU is old, but new... some of these guys are grad students with eligibility and lots of 'em have been around the block with other programs. it takes some real coaching to get this group gelled into winning (and I think Parkside had fairly high polling in their conference). I'm sure the early season will have some hurdles to cross, but thirty four points from a not very high scorer is something to be hold. I'm up on this team and their coach in a way that I wasn't last year.

Comment

Originally posted by Grizzled LU View Post
      The mutt team that could! Three players on the team and a brand new coach and he assembled a group that looked like they were having fun. And it worked... 1-0 with a win over Parkside 75-74 and TJ Crockett who was a five point a game guy for two years nails 34. WTF? Some parallels with my alma mater South Dakota State here as it's two new teams with two new coaches and both are undefeated. SDSU is young, with a couple of jucos thrown in. LU is old, but new... some of these guys are grad students with eligibility and lots of 'em have been around the block with other programs. it takes some real coaching to get this group gelled into winning (and I think Parkside had fairly high polling in their conference). I'm sure the early season will have some hurdles to cross, but thirty four points from a not very high scorer is something to be hold. I'm up on this team and their coach in a way that I wasn't last year.
      Saw they notched another one behind a great offensive performance.

Mostly been preoccupied with the football team winning their first GLVC conference title.

Things could be more interesting for the bb team than previously thought.

Comment

LU 88, William Woods 80

Well, figured I'd hit the first two home games to see how they go up against a mediocre NAIA and a team transitioning to D1. Figured it would be 1-1 for those two games and the first half went as expected. LU got 50 and was cruising. Saw Brad Wachler and Jed Stugart a few seats down from me and went down to chat for a few minutes. Turned my back and Wm Woods was back in the game by the time I went back to my seat. Actually got it down to four with a few minutes left in the game before falling 88-80. I don't even like to see NAIA teams on the schedule and the second half was troubling. LU left the lanes open and let Woods drive multiple times to the basket-- defense needs a lot of work. Crockett nailed 27, Blackmon and Kitchell in double figures. Sukmanh Binder can't score, apparently, but is an explosive point guard. Work needed, especially on defense, but this team's got the basics in place to be in the top half of the conference. My question is why were some of the few returning players riding the pine with the previous coach?

Comment

AND ONE MO THING...

Nine players scored last night against William Woods. Things might have gone more smoothly with a short bench but I like seeing lots of people play. Keep playing 'em all, coach. It will pay off at tournament time.

Comment

Lindenwood Women had a big win against Pittsburgh State earlier this week. Pitt State defeated Kansas U earlier this season.

Comment

AND ONE MO THING...

Nine players scored last night against William Woods. Things might have gone more smoothly with a short bench but I like seeing lots of people play. Keep playing 'em all, coach. It will pay off at tournament time.
              Last I saw on the GLVC stream, LU was winning by 20+

Hopefully they can get some of that cleaned up. With such a new team, I imagine it might be easy to loose focus.
              Cool Story Bro

Comment

Originally posted by bigsig50 View Post

Last I saw on the GLVC stream, LU was winning by 20+

Hopefully they can get some of that cleaned up. With such a new team, I imagine it might be easy to loose focus.
                Considering UMSL handled that WW team pretty easily, not the best sign for LU. Although I don't know if WW made their comeback on backups and it's a depth issue.

We should find out tonight how far LU has to go as they host Bellarmine.
                Cool Story Bro

Comment

Very impressed with last night's game. Better to lose to Bellermine by eight than beat William Woods by eight. Figured they wouldn't be able to keep up the first half pace and looked a bit lost early in the second half but a far more interesting team than last year. Comparing to last years complete take down by Northwest, where it looked like the Bearcats were error free, Bellermine looked a bit shaken up in the first half, even though they had better over all talent. LU was just smokin' til the break. Didn't leave open lanes like they did with WW, much more energy on defense.

Question asked again-- why were so many talented players on last year's team ignored and given minimal playing time? Huge improvement in coaching and this team might be upper half of the GLVC if they continue to improve. Love the long bench.

Note to web page people at LU if any read this. Get some bios up on the new players. Also, (although I was probably having an elderly moment)-- I for some reason was able to only track Bellermine's individual scorers on the game tracker. Probably my fault, but I've used it at almost every game I've attended to track scoring and it didn't seem to be working properly last night. Prolly my fault on that one.

Comment

Very impressed with last night's game. Better to lose to Bellermine by eight than beat William Woods by eight. Figured they wouldn't be able to keep up the first half pace and looked a bit lost early in the second half but a far more interesting team than last year. Comparing to last years complete take down by Northwest, where it looked like the Bearcats were error free, Bellermine looked a bit shaken up in the first half, even though they had better over all talent. LU was just smokin' til the break. Didn't leave open lanes like they did with WW, much more energy on defense.

Question asked again-- why were so many talented players on last year's team ignored and given minimal playing time? Huge improvement in coaching and this team might be upper half of the GLVC if they continue to improve. Love the long bench.

Note to web page people at LU if any read this. Get some bios up on the new players. Also, (although I was probably having an elderly moment)-- I for some reason was able to only track Bellermine's individual scorers on the game tracker. Probably my fault, but I've used it at almost every game I've attended to track scoring and it didn't seem to be working properly last night. Prolly my fault on that one.
                    I was finishing the football column last night while watching it.

They were winning by a decent amount when I started. The Knights came back while I was watching. I blame myself for the loss, lol.

Cool Story Bro

Comment

Can get to the Lindenwood box score through the game tracker on my computer if not my phone. Had I checked before my latest post I would have tagged Cameron Scales as getting 20 off the bench. Another proof that last years team had under utilized people that will continue to develop this year.

Comment

LU Women take two more against Walsh and Ursuline in Pepper Pike OH. Now 3-0. Kallie Bildner recognized at men's Bellermine game.

Comment

After an early lead, LU loses to Illinois in an exhibition by 52: 117-65. Expected BUT Crockett got 24. Why was this guy riding the bench last year? Glad he stayed around. He probably wouldn't have without a coaching change.

Comment

Showed a five second clip on StL CBS outlet. I know it's against a P5 team, but damn is Lindenwood short.

Comment

At the end of the year the men are 6-3 ;thanks to three straight NAIA opponents. The women are 5-2 against tougher competition. Both should be able to win two home games against S&T and Maryville this week. I expect that the men will wind up slightly above ..500, but it's quite an achievement given that the coach had less than a handful of players when he arrived this summer. Better than I would have ever expected and frankly this team is more fun to watch than last year's team. Seem much looser and happier. Hopefully I'll be able to make all four of this week's conference games. Now, where are some other posters?

Comment

(muttering to self....)

Saw both games in the recent home stand. Just as they did with the n/c Bellermine game LU got off to a big start against S&T, then hung on for a five point game. Christian had a great game netting twenty along with (again) Crockett. Lots of trips to the line but only hit about half their FT's. Need to improve in that department. Bhinder, never much of a scorer but one hell of a play maker had a hesitant game and only netted one point.

They won by five against Maryville too. Crockett had a bad first half (back problems) but got great in the second. Not the top end of the conference for opponents and a lot of NAIA teams for non-con opponents, but it's nice to be 8-3.

Women split, losing to Maryville. Bildner missed both games with a bad back. Hopefully she'll be back shortly because her leadership makes all the difference in this team.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X