Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New GLVC Member - Lindenwood

http://www.boscoinstitute.com/player-list.html

Looks like the tallest kid on the team and maybe with the prep year he'll be in a position to get some playing time and not redshirt, something you might want him to do normally. Don't look at Twitter much but notice a South Dakota State assistant is following them but don't remember any recruits out of there. Last few years there was quite a bit of geographical overlap in Wisconsin with LU.

Well I'm feeling better. All that silence was scary.

Big Sig, do you know any players on the football side that could cross over in an emergency?

Comment

Yes, Hamm is gone-- checked web page early in the week and he was listed.

Like that Tweets from the program are up on the web page. Makes it a lot easier for people like me that don't look at Twitter that often. Assistant turnover with the previous coach was a bit disconcerting with me. I'm getting a better feeling already with KG.

Comment

Originally posted by Grizzled LU View Post
        http://www.boscoinstitute.com/player-list.html

Looks like the tallest kid on the team and maybe with the prep year he'll be in a position to get some playing time and not redshirt, something you might want him to do normally. Don't look at Twitter much but notice a South Dakota State assistant is following them but don't remember any recruits out of there. Last few years there was quite a bit of geographical overlap in Wisconsin with LU.

Well I'm feeling better. All that silence was scary.

Big Sig, do you know any players on the football side that could cross over in an emergency?
        Hmmm.... I know that Cade Brister also played basketball while at FZN. Not sure if he'd be able to help. He is an overall good athlete. There are some WR's on the team with some height, Josh White is 6'4".

I would be surprised if Erik Henneman couldn't also ball with his skill set and height. But honestly, he may have the opportunity to play at the next level so I'm not sure he'd want to risk injury playing basketball after the season. But you never know!
        Cool Story Bro

Comment

Little late with this news but Diego Womack has decided to transfer to Cal State San Bernardino.

Both high school recruits are following the previous staff down to St. Leo. There hasn't been much news on social media or the Lindenwood athletics website about recruits brought in by Gerdeman besides Kace Kitchel. I did however hear that a guard was signed but that he is ineligible for the first semester, not sure where that puts us at exactly for roster numbers but I don't think were officially at double digits yet with less than 3 weeks until the fall semester begins.

https://twitter.com/Diego_Womack/sta...31990874673153

Comment

See they have Terry Hollander back as assistant coach. That will buy tons of good will with the old timers in St. Charles. The constant churn in assistant coaches was a big concern with the previous regime. Had no insights but it didn't look "happy" to me.

Comment

I got women's coach Katie Falco, men's coach Kyle Gerdeman and GLVC men's BB officials coordinator Gerry Pollard to speak to the St. Charles Optimist club during September-- next week's kidney disease, could only stretch basketball so far.

Gerdeman reported that he had three basketball players when he arrived, and now has a full team, even before holding tryouts for students. Looks like a fair amount of older transfers including a couple of grad transfers, one with two years of eligibility. Don't know if I've ever seen a two year grad transfer before. Anyway, expect things to be really unjelled in the early part of the season, but maybe they'll get it together by conference time. Now they have to get some of these players up on their web site. No excuse for being this late in getting the site caught up. Lance Randall and the 18-19 team is still up there. Let's see some pictures and bio's. There was a twitter video showing their first practice, only guy I recognized was the Australian with the stocking cap, course nothing was up close.

Comment

https://lindenwoodlions.com/roster.aspx?path=mbball&

Lindenwood finally gets the '19-20 roster up!

Comment

https://lindenwoodlions.com/schedule.aspx?path=mbball

LU finally gets men's schedule up. Everything from Illinois to William Woods on the non-con schedule/

https://lindenwoodlions.com/schedule.aspx?path=wbball

And the women-- two D1 games to open.

Comment

Men's and Women's Teams introduced at Lions' Late Night --8:30 on October 16. Might attend since I have a lot of questions about this kludged together men's team. They seem happier in the videos that are out. Feeling better about '19-20 than I did a month or two ago.

Comment

Hellloooooo..... I've been talking to myself since August 6.

Comment

Originally posted by Grizzled LU View Post
                        Hellloooooo..... I've been talking to myself since August 6.
                        I've been talking to myself for 30 years. No one seems to mind.

Comment

Doubt if this will get them any customers, but the LU Women's team is hosting a Trivia Nite tonight at the St. Charles KC Hall. Starts at 6 pm. $25 a head, $100 a table of eight.

Comment

Comment

The Men's team is a complete unknown. Looks like they have a few D1 transfers, but that's always a crap shoot in how it plays out.

Women's team graduated a lot of good players but have their core of Bildner and Medlen coming back for their senior seasons. I suspect they'll be okay.
                              Cool Story Bro

Comment

Been MIA for a while but with the season tipping off for the men tonight I decided I would make my return as well. It will be a tale of two stories for the lions' teams this year. The women's team is experienced, deep, and proven. All expectations for them should be a 3rd straight NCAA tournament appearance as Coach Falco has a chance to establish the Lions as a top tier program in the GLVC. On the other hand the men's team has a lot of question marks, while majority of the team is upperclassmen it is a very inexperienced bunch and based on the scrimmages they will not have a very deep bench. Returning just 11% of the scoring from last year, points might be a struggle for this team to come by. All signs point to TJ Crockett as the person to step up, but he will be in an unfamiliar position being the go to guy after averaging just 5 points a game last year. Another player that will have a lot on his shoulders is Kamau Kinder, the grad transfer from Drury will be the most experienced player on the roster and will hopefully have a big senior season. The lions list some great height on their roster (7'0, 6'9, and 6'8) that they've lacked in years past but from what I've seen and heard their skillsets might not be polished enough to make a significant impact. It will be a very interesting year nonetheless as we will get a good look at Gerdemans style of play. Even with a schedule that matches us up against 4 NAIA teams, I think it will be tough for the lions to scrape together 10 wins. I will of course be tuning in and cheering the lions on every game as I hope they prove me wrong, I expect them to fight and compete every game as Gerdeman has preached a play hard mentality with this team.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X