Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Definitely not a second half team, we tend to be competitive in most halves but run out of gas. Don't know if that is a lack of depth or just teams making better adjustments for the second half than us. McKendree went to a zone and we had no idea what to do with it. As far as recruiting goes, I like the pick up of Frazier Ott. Local kid who plays for a respected high school program. There may be a few kids on the radar who are holding out for other opportunities that will need to make a decision come spring time. Barring any of those late high school commits it looks like we will be relying heavily on the transfer and JUCO markets again.

Comment

Nice win over Illinois-Springfield last night, down 17 in the first half and fought back to win it with an exciting finish. Anthony Christian had a huge game. Senior night on Saturday to honor Sukhman and Luka. In other news, the Lions picked up a commitment from 6'8" Devion Harris from Parkway Central.

Comment

Glad to see some videos of Harris playing aggressive defense-- that's missing in this team. Hopefully they'll be able to redshirt some of the freshmen. Better to have a 23 year old playing than an 18 year old. Kace Kitchell would be a better player in 2024.

Edit-- are Parkway Central's scores in the forties? That IS defense, maybe too much defense.

Comment

Well, I guess winning three of the final four home stand and losing that one game by a single point might give them some kind of a boost for next year. The two senior starters got a lot better during the year but both should be replaceable. Bhinder, who always had surprisingly good moves as a PG but couldn't score, actually did in the last home stand. Radosevic looked a little less Eastern European and a bit more mobile as the year went on. Both performed better than I would have thought at the beginning of the year. Kitchell should improve next year-- don't like the idea of playing Freshmen but they did. ELIJAH HONGSERMEIER-BAXTER, got one point in three games-- not sure how D2 works, did he get a red shirt or is he just a bench sitter? What about the seven footer European kid who came over from Belleville. Know he was red shirted both years but thought he showed up on on the roster. Of course, there's something wrong with any one who's seven feet tall and recruited into the NAIA. Know they have some recruits with size, so maybe Kitchell can hold the fort for a year. This year's team was short but I guess that's the deal with a lot of D2 teams.

On to the tournament for the ladies. Hopefully they'll win but I don't see them at Drury levels. Got some senior losses to patch in there but think the program is on the up tick.

Comment

The Lady Lions played the Lady Panthers close early in the season only losing by 14 at Drury.

Coach Falco has good players. Bildner with her 22 point and 11 rebound average, Medlin with 143 assists and a 2.1 assist to turnover ratio and 5 scoring in double figures make this a tough team.

Comment

Originally posted by crazznewt View Post
              The Lady Lions played the Lady Panthers close early in the season only losing by 14 at Drury.

Coach Falco has good players. Bildner with her 22 point and 11 rebound average, Medlin with 143 assists and a 2.1 assist to turnover ratio and 5 scoring in double figures make this a tough team.
              As a South Dakota State grad I try to get to some Summit (Slummit LOL) games every year. If you use any of the cross-divisional statistic crunching sites, the Drury women's team is the only men's or women's program that could compete in this mid-major. Drury would be neck and neck with SDSU for second in the conference, and SDSU was Sweet Sixteen last year but had its best player out most of the year. South Dakota is top twenty in the polls and would be a step up. Drury is an exceptional DII program.

Comment

The Lady Lions are a resilient bunch and with a couple of additions will be a force again in the league. I hope Drury doesn't have to play them again this year

Comment

The Lady Lions are a resilient bunch and with a couple of additions will be a force again in the league. I hope Drury doesn't have to play them again this year
                  LU could get them again, probably to the same end. Drury is an exceptional D2 program. LU will have a couple of really big holes to fill, their (possibly) third best player may draw a medical redshirt for '20-21. I have great respect for the Lion's coaching staff, but they have some recruiting to do.

Comment

LU's little freshman guard reminds me of Maryville's Mary Barton. She will be a handful for the rest of her career.

Comment

LU's little freshman guard reminds me of Maryville's Mary Barton. She will be a handful for the rest of her career.
                      Jamie Bain? See she got into double figures twice in the tournament. Almost as good as she did all year. Glad to see she's progressing.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X