Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2021-22 Polls

Preseason poll is out. Looks like Truman and Hillsdale get the targets on their backs first. USI is third in the region, followed closely by Findlay.

https://campus.mst.edu/athleticsarch...all/bbpoll.htm
    NABC Coaches Poll (Tuesday, Oct. 26, 2021 -- Pre-Season Poll)
    Team Record Points
    1. Northwest Missouri State 28-2 397 (15first place votes)
    2. Flagler (Fla.) 18-3 349
    3. West Texas A&M 19-3 317
    4. Colorado Mesa 21-2 299 (1first place vote)
    5. Colorado School of Mines 18-3 281
    6. Truman State (Mo.) 20-3 258
    7. Hillsdale (Mich.) 21-3 214
    8. St. Thomas Aquinas (N.Y.) 14-2 212
    9. Lubbock Christian (Texas) 18-3 203
    10. Valdosta State (Ga.) 17-5 199
    11. Washburn (Kan.) 20-7 191
    12. Mercyhurst (Pa.) 12-1 177
    13. Nova Southeastern (Fla.) N/A 168 Did not play in 2020-21; finished 23-6 in 2019-20
    14. West Liberty (W.Va.) 18-5 165
    15. Northern State (S.D.) 19-2 158
    16. Queens (N.C.) 16-6 157
    17. Lincoln Memorial (Tenn.) 19-4 149
    18. Indiana (Pa.) 2-1 123 Played only three games in 2020-21; finished 28-2 in 2019-20
    19. DBU (Texas) 17-5 120
    20. Alabama Huntsville 15-4 98
    21. Seattle Pacific (Wash.) 10-3 86
    22. Fairmont State (W.Va.) 15-5 78
    23. Florida Southern 7-5 74
    24. Point Loma (Calif.) 8-3 68
    25. Charleston (W.Va.) 14-4 62
    Others receiving votes: MSU Moorhead (Minn.) 47, Southern Indiana 46, Oklahoma Baptist 45, Saint Anselm (N.H.) 43, Findlay (Ohio) 40Missouri-St. Louis 8Ashland (Ohio) 7, Grand Valley State (Mich.) 7, Georgia Southwestern 6, Missouri Western 6, Adelphi (N.Y.) 5, Arkansas Monticello 5, Augustana (S.D.) 5, Texas A&M-Kingsville 5, Cal State San Bernardino 4, West Georgia 4, Barry (Fla.) 1, Miles (Ala.) 1.

If I may be so bold, with the additions to our roster and the returnees we have, I believe KWC will spend some time in the top 25 at some point this year. Might be my purple shaded glasses talking but only time will tell for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by kdubnation View Post
      If I may be so bold, with the additions to our roster and the returnees we have, I believe KWC will spend some time in the top 25 at some point this year. Might be my purple shaded glasses talking but only time will tell for sure.
      I sure hope so. It would be great to see KWC resemble the teams of the past to make our matchups half as lively as they used to be.

Comment

While I don't doubt that KWC will have a good year, I did notice they were just picked to finish 7th in the GMAC preseason poll. I know that doesn't mean much, but if you think they are a top 25 worthy team, some in the GMAC might not think that.

Comment

I just saw that myself. We'll see, I guess. For all I know we'll finish dead last. This team has a ton of potential, and getting picked 7th *should* put a chip on some shoulders so you never know.

Comment

No GLIAC teams in the Top 25, and the only current GLIAC team receiving votes (GVSU) didn't even make the tournament last year.

Yikes.

Comment

Tiffin was picked last in the GMAC and just gave Bellarmine more than they expected in a 90-87 Bellarmine exhibition win.

Comment

From what I've seen of Tiffin over the years it seems like they are always one or two players away from being a dangerous team. Too bad they didn't bloody Scotty 2 Hottie's nose with an exhibition L.

Comment

Originally posted by UFOILERFAN View Post
                  Tiffin was picked last in the GMAC and just gave Bellarmine more than they expected in a 90-87 Bellarmine exhibition win.
                  WOW that's unexpected.
                  Tiffin shot 16-45 (36%) on the 3-ball and 11-20 (55%) on 2-pointers. That's a TON of 3-shooting compared to the rest.

Comment

Really think the GMAC is going to be really good in basketball this year. Hillsdale had a great year last year and should keep it going this year. You follow that up with Findlay and Ashland (who finished last year with a GLIAC Tournament Championship). Then you have teams like KWC, Malone, Cedarville, Walsh..all those schools are basketball schools that can be really good. Should be a fun year.

Comment

Nice start for Ashland tonight beating Valparaiso 87-78 in an exhibition.

Comment

I don't know if it's the "extra pandemic year" or all the transferring or what exactly it is - and maybe I'm just imagining it - but doesn't it seem like D2 has closed the gap in overall talent level and ability between D2 and mid to lower level D1?

Comment

I don't know if it's the "extra pandemic year" or all the transferring or what exactly it is - and maybe I'm just imagining it - but doesn't it seem like D2 has closed the gap in overall talent level and ability between D2 and mid to lower level D1?
                          I would strongly agree, especially on the women's side. Truman State's Weltha and UMSL's LaPorta had great games in their D1 exhibition games this week. Tonight, the rebuilding Drury Panthers play a 26 win, tournament tested, Drake team with a bunch back, including all five starters.

Comment

Well, the idea that the gap between the D1 and D2 talent has narrowed wasn't proven tonight. The outcome of THESE games were not a surprise though as the Truman Women lose by 70 to Iowa, SBU Women lose to Mizzou by 55 and Drury Men lose to UNI by 47. I hope the payday was worth it.

Comment

Valpo lost to Flagler last night as well, so maybe Valpo is just having a really bad year. 2 exhibition losses to start the season. Here's all the exhibitions so far for Midwest teams. Italics for D3/NAIA and bold/underline for any upsets.

10/23 Hillsdale 68, Toledo 93
                              10/26 Rockhurst 42, SLU 84
                              10/27 Illinois-Springfield 80, Western Illinois 92
                              10/27 Trevecca Nazarene 55, Tennessee St 76
                              10/27 Ferris State 58, Michigan State 92
                              10/28 Tiffin 87, Bellarmine 90
                              10/29 Kentucky Wesleyan 72, Kentucky 95
                              10/30 Findlay 78, Toledo 83
                              10/30 Tiffin 84, Butler 94
                              10/30 Ashland 87, Valparaiso 78
                              10/31 Lindenwood 66, SLU 89
                              10/31 Alma 51, Lake Superior St 86
                              11/1 Cedarville 60, Dayton 94
                              11/1 UIndy 46, Ohio State 82
                              11/3 Grand Valley St 67, Central Michigan 78
                              11/3 Lourdes 82, Ohio Dominican 71
                              11/4 Kentucky Wesleyan 64, Evansville 74
                              11/4 Drury 49, Drake 96
                              11/4 Davenport 59, Illinois St 85
                              11/4 Grand Valley State 60, Michigan St 83
                              11/3 Lake Erie 64, Northern Kentucky 75
                              11/4 Lindenwood 40, Northwestern 85
                              11/4 UIndy 64, Purdue 86
                              11/4 Quincy 62, SIUE 61

Games on deck this weekend (times in Central):
                              11/5, 5pm Trevecca Nazarene @ Ole Miss
                              11/5, 6pm Southern Indiana @ Auburn
                              11/5, 6pm Lake Superior State @ Oakland
                              11/5, 6pm Michigan @ Wayne State (rare home exhibition)
                              11/5, 6pm Ferris State @ Xavier
                              11/5, 6pm UIndy @ Butler
                              11/6, 3:15pm Rockhurst vs St Thomas Aquinas (Small College HOF)
                              11/6, 7pm Fisk @ Trevecca Nazarene
                              11/7, 1pm Rockhurst vs Northern State (Small College HOF)
                              11/7, 3pm Rochester @ Saginaw Valley

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X