Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HoosierDaddy View Post
    Ridiculous no SW Baptist..no Michigan Tech....2 GLVC Teams...was this region chose by GMAC reps... hilarious... Cedarville over those other two teams... Findlay over them also....stupid.
    Says the guy who's school is jumping to D1 and will likely never get an at-large bid again, at least for years and years.

Comment

Another thing to think about...Strength of Schedule.

Of the Top 11 Teams in RPI and PI:

Ranking by Strength of Schedule:

1. Cedarville - 0.537
      2. Findlay - 0.535
      7 (tie). MI Tech - 0.505
      11. SW Baptist - 0.471

UMSL was 10th in SOS....yet another reason why committee didn't put them as 2 seed despite that being their ranking in RPI and PI.

Comment

Hey tough BB tough guy I am not talking "my school"...I am saying #1 seed in GLVC is better period then a Cedarville or Findlay...based on a season of work not what a team does in 3 to 5 days.

Fyi I would rather be going to D1 then a team/school that should be in D3 or a NAIA school playing Oakland City.

Go Bellarmine Go NKU Go Lindenwood...and we hope for GVSU and Lincoln Memorial...life goes on.

Comment

Cedarville's conference tournament run made their numbers almost identical to Findlay's, and they swept Findlay.

Comment

Hey tough BB tough guy I am not talking "my school"...I am saying #1 seed in GLVC is better period then a Cedarville or Findlay...based on a season of work not what a team does in 3 to 5 days.

Fyi I would rather be going to D1 then a team/school that should be in D3 or a NAIA school playing Oakland City.

Go Bellarmine Go NKU Go Lindenwood...and we hope for GVSU and Lincoln Memorial...life goes on.
            Aww poor fella. Good riddance! The GLVC is no longer the top dog of this region - fact.

Comment

Game Schedules

Comment

I've never been a fan of them putting 2 conference mates against each other in the first round if there's a way to avoid it. UMSL and Truman should have been split up as well as Cedarville and Hillsdale. I'd have preferred to see Truman at 3 and Hillsdale at 4 for that reason.

Comment

Horrible move Bellarmine going D1....oops going to NIT in Year 2...have fun playing Midway and Oakland City kdub.

Comment

Horrible move Bellarmine going D1....oops going to NIT in Year 2...have fun playing Midway and Oakland City kdub.
                    This shouldn't be news to you but USI is no Bellarmine.

And besides, say the (really dumb) 5 year no tourney rule wasn't there. Bell's great season would culminate in an NCAA tournament game ... as a 14, 15 or 16 seed most likely getting thumped by a Power 5 school and that's the best they can hope for in the next 10-15 years. Whereas in D2 they were a legitimate national championship contender every single year. As good as they've done in the A-Sun I'd much rather be in a position to win it all than only get to celebrate every 3 or 4 years just making the tournament.
                    Last edited by kdubnation; 03-08-2022, 11:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kdubnation View Post

The GLVC is no longer the top dog of this region - fact.

Comment

The GLIAC champ beat the GLVC champ in the tournament at times, too, but nobody would have claimed the GLIAC was the better conference at that time. UMSL could be the best team in the region but that doesn't make the GLVC the best conference as you well know.

Comment

Originally posted by kdubnation View Post

The GLIAC champ beat the GLVC champ in the tournament at times, too, but nobody would have claimed the GLIAC was the better conference at that time. UMSL could be the best team in the region but that doesn't make the GLVC the best conference as you well know.
                          And what does make the GMAC or the GLIAC better than the GLVC? There was so little cross conference play within the region, what are you basing that on?

Comment

Comment

Just more evidence that I believe Findlay and Cedarville were way overranked and USI had a shot to be ranked in their place...which would have given Truman, SBU, and UMSL more results against ranked teams. According to PI, Massey, etc, USI always should have been in the top 10 mix all along, if not top 8 at times.

I posted earlier in the season results of head-to-head which showed that the GLVC was leading both GMAC and GLIAC overall. Not a lot of crossover play, but what little there was didn't ever indicate that the GMAC deserved so many more ranked teams this season than others did. Their "results against ranked teams" that kept being used as a reason for overranking them looked stacked simply because they had more ranked teams - the problem compounds on itself.

Comment

Keep in mind that UMSL and Walsh played in the regular season and UMSL won by four.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X