Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2017 Regional Rankings

What's the chances of KWC fans actually getting tickets to this weekend? Will each school be provided an allotment or something? That's the only bad thing about it being at BU (well, other than the fact that BU gets to play at home) is seating is going to be an issue for those not wearing crimson...

Comment

I will say that the advantage QU has is that they've played a stronger schedule in recent weeks, so they will come out pretty strong. I can see KWC starting a little shaky before all cylinders start firing simply because they haven't played anybody of that caliber since November, but I do think they have what it takes to knock them off.

I would compare it to how USI started the season, annihilating everybody because they had weak competition. But when we got in the meat of conference play, there were some real weaknesses exposed.

Comment

Quincy puts 5 guys on the floor that are physical and talented. But they don't play any defense whatsoever. Tagarelli is hands down the best low post player in the GLVC. He is strong and gets a lot of fouls due to his physical play. But the other big McGaughey is the most talented in my opinion. He can step out and hit the 3, rebounds well, really is just a very good player. Quincy simply has problems with getting defensive stops.

Originally posted by kwcpantherfan View Post
        Your picks are not at all far-fetched.

KWC vs. Quincy is a very interesting game. Looking through Quincy's box scores for the season it is obvious that they rely heavily on their bigs. We've played teams that are very guard heavy pretty exclusively this season, so it's going to be interesting to see how we respond against a team that's more inside oriented. I do believe it is a game we can win, and our best chance is going to rely on getting Tagarelli in foul trouble and making Quincy limit his minutes. I'm hoping our athleticism will bother him, with guys like Harris, Williams, and Stanford guarding him.

If we do get past Quincy, and assuming Parkside doesn't throw the whole thing on its head by beating the Knights, I tend to agree that beating BU is going to be a long shot for KWC (or anyone else, for that matter). To say home court advantage is strong for them is an understatement. You can bet, though, that whether it's KWC or Quincy, whatever team BU plays in the second round will give them their best shot.

Comment

Originally posted by schnautza View Post
          I will say that the advantage QU has is that they've played a stronger schedule in recent weeks, so they will come out pretty strong. I can see KWC starting a little shaky before all cylinders start firing simply because they haven't played anybody of that caliber since November, but I do think they have what it takes to knock them off.

I would compare it to how USI started the season, annihilating everybody because they had weak competition. But when we got in the meat of conference play, there were some real weaknesses exposed.
          I don't disagree, I think we could come out with some jitters. But hopefully those will shake off quickly enough to not hurt us overmuch. Also, we have tended to very much be a second-half team this year. There's been quite a few games where we went into the half with a small lead, or even down a couple of points, then came out in the second half and just blew by the other team. Looking at Quincy's stats, they actually have outscored their opponents by much more in the first half than the second half. I don't know if that really means a whole lot in a game like this, but it tells me that we may have an advantage in terms of making needed adjustments at the half, and coming out with energy in the second half.

Comment

Originally posted by bkingbroker View Post
            Quincy puts 5 guys on the floor that are physical and talented. But they don't play any defense whatsoever. Tagarelli is hands down the best low post player in the GLVC. He is strong and gets a lot of fouls due to his physical play. But the other big McGaughey is the most talented in my opinion. He can step out and hit the 3, rebounds well, really is just a very good player. Quincy simply has problems with getting defensive stops.
            If that's how they come out against us then it definitely works in our favor. Scoring has not been any problem for us. If it comes down to a shootout type of game I have to think we have a very good chance at getting the win.

Comment

What's the chances of KWC fans actually getting tickets to this weekend? Will each school be provided an allotment or something? That's the only bad thing about it being at BU (well, other than the fact that BU gets to play at home) is seating is going to be an issue for those not wearing crimson...
              The letter for season tickets to get their regional tickets went out late last week (a little presumptive I suppose, but trying to organize quickly) for BU fans. Within in it they stated that all the season ticket holders behind the opposing teams' bench would be relocated (they get free tickets in compensation) for allocation of tickets for the other teams. In addition, I am sure there will be plenty of seats (behind the pillars, of course!) allocated to the other schools. As I stated in the BU thread, the students are on spring break this week so at least for Saturday's games there will be some availability there.

Comment

Originally posted by KnightStalker View Post
                The letter for season tickets to get their regional tickets went out late last week (a little presumptive I suppose, but trying to organize quickly) for BU fans. Within in it they stated that all the season ticket holders behind the opposing teams' bench would be relocated (they get free tickets in compensation) for allocation of tickets for the other teams. In addition, I am sure there will be plenty of seats (behind the pillars, of course!) allocated to the other schools. As I stated in the BU thread, the students are on spring break this week so at least for Saturday's games there will be some availability there.
                Argh I had forgotten about those damn pillars! lol

Comment

My Predictions:

BU over UWP (three times is tough but BU is clearly the better team and at home)
                  Truman over Ferris (Upset here but Ferris will struggle to guard the 3 point line and although Ferris won GLIAC I have not been overly impressed with them lately)
                  USI over Findlay (USI fans still not happy)
                  Quincy over KWC (Quincy is the scariest team since they have all the pieces to win the region. Cupcake GMAC didn't prepare KWC to play with big boys, next year will be different though after the additions to the conference)

BU over Quincy (Will be BU's toughest game of regional, Stays close until about 7-8 min left and BU goes on a patented run. Completely new territory for Quincy in the toughest environment they have faced)
                  USI over Truman (USI rolls pretty easily. Finally take away Myers right hand and win)

BU over USI (Will be a blowout. BU already won at USI and won at home without hitting a FG outside the paint and being outscored 36-0 from the 3 point line. BU is up 12-15 at half and end up winning between 18-23. Watson haters come out again in full force)

I honestly think BU has all the pieces to win the National Championship unless they face a team similar to Augustana from last year or Midwestern St from 2011. If they play a team with two skilled big men that have power they could see some major issues. I think they have the ability to adapt to any pace of play where that is not an issue.

Comment

Argh I had forgotten about those damn pillars! lol
                    I think the tentative schedule has KWC playing after BU on Saturday. I am not sure if they allow readmission on the same ticket but if they do, I'm sure you can get some tix from exiting BU fans that night. At least if you have a ticket even in the rafters you should be able to move up to a decent seat for the KWC game.

Comment

You mean you don't think the BU faithful will stay around to cheer against us?

Personally, I hope we make it past Quincy because I think it would be great to play against BU in that environment. Not that I have any expectations of a win in that case, obviously we will be HUGE underdogs, but it would be fun regardless.

Comment

Originally posted by BuKnightsNation View Post
                        My Predictions:

BU over UWP (three times is tough but BU is clearly the better team and at home)
                        Truman over Ferris (Upset here but Ferris will struggle to guard the 3 point line and although Ferris won GLIAC I have not been overly impressed with them lately)
                        USI over Findlay (USI fans still not happy)
                        Quincy over KWC (Quincy is the scariest team since they have all the pieces to win the region. Cupcake GMAC didn't prepare KWC to play with big boys, next year will be different though after the additions to the conference)

BU over Quincy (Will be BU's toughest game of regional, Stays close until about 7-8 min left and BU goes on a patented run. Completely new territory for Quincy in the toughest environment they have faced)
                        USI over Truman (USI rolls pretty easily. Finally take away Myers right hand and win)

BU over USI (Will be a blowout. BU already won at USI and won at home without hitting a FG outside the paint and being outscored 36-0 from the 3 point line. BU is up 12-15 at half and end up winning between 18-23. Watson haters come out again in full force)

I honestly think BU has all the pieces to win the National Championship unless they face a team similar to Augustana from last year or Midwestern St from 2011. If they play a team with two skilled big men that have power they could see some major issues. I think they have the ability to adapt to any pace of play where that is not an issue.
                        I'm afraid you put to much into GLVC dominance into your predictions. I would not be surprised to see the opposite comes through with either BU or UWP the only GLVC team left after the first round. My predictions:

BU over UWP(exactly as BKN said)
                        Ferris over Truman( I think this may be the biggest margin of the night.)
                        Findlay over USI (Just think the GLIAC was overall stronger this year and Findlay will be more prepared. Closest game of the night.)
                        KWC over Quincy (hardest game to predict yet I am not sure it will be close, either team could win easily, but I tend to agree with KPF above that Quincy has not faced as athletically gifted frontcourt before and KWC will shut down Tags and McGaughey.)

BU over KWC
                        Ferris over Findlay

BU over Ferris (Tough game but 2000 screaming BU fans will make the difference.)

Comment

You mean you don't think the BU faithful will stay around to cheer against us?

Personally, I hope we make it past Quincy because I think it would be great to play against BU in that environment. Not that I have any expectations of a win in that case, obviously we will be HUGE underdogs, but it would be fun regardless.
                          I think the past couple of years of not playing KWC and the fact KWC has been down and BU up has lessened the rivalry effect. None of the four year students at the schools has witnessed a KWC-BU game. Now us old timers remember them well and in fact I kind of want to see it again due to the long period between games. Can't say I would go so far as to root for KWC against Quincy though!

Comment

Originally posted by schnautza View Post
                            So USI gets Findlay followed by a bus ride home.
                            Just kidding. (Sort of.) They'll be followed by the winner of Ferris/Truman.
                            I'm sure USI has a bit of a grudge against Truman at this point and would love to get some revenge.

Sorry...not sure why this is where my response to the thread is....But the regional rankings is generated by computer...regardless of committee...and i got that from a person in the know.

Comment

• Kenny Bos-Jah

Master of Goat Meat 🐐

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X