Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2017 GLVC Awards

The conference awards have been released.

POY-Jeril Taylor, USI
    Defensive POY: AL DAVIS, BU
    COY: Scotty Davenport, BU
    FOY: Tate Hall, Indy

Really great to see Al win defender of the year. He plays as hard as anybody I have ever seen play the game and that is a fitting award.

No doubt that Scotty deserved COY, I think Watson would have been the second choice.

Re: 2017 GLVC Awards

Rick stein coy women's bball. Who would've thought that. Is this his first?

Comment

Originally posted by glvcpro View Post
      I read it was his second (2000-01), and it is the 2nd USI coach as well counting Dugan for her two COY awards while at USI.

Comment

Nice award for Al. Somewhat surprised that Taylor got it over Eberhard, only because that article by the McKendree student convinced me that he deserved it. Up till then I thought it was Taylor's or Tag's. Good argument that when u lead the best team in the conference in the 3 major stats the award should be his. Of course I don't think it was unfair, there was definitely very good arguments for Taylor. Like I said I was just a little surprised.

Comment

Is there some kind of limitation on how many players a team can have on the all-GLVC tourney team? If not, I think Al Davis definitely deserved it. He played 3 pretty darn good games. Myers may have had a big game over USI but his team didn't get to the final.

Comment

Originally posted by glvcpro View Post
            He got it last time they made E8. Before Freeland left his side(who made the tourney yet again) and he ran stuckman off.

Comment

Kind of shocking USI's WBB didn't make the regional...

Comment

Originally posted by kwcpantherfan View Post
                Kind of shocking USI's WBB didn't make the regional...
                That makes them the first victim to the GMAC's auto-bid with an upset for the GMAC title, doesn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by schnautza View Post
                  That makes them the first victim to the GMAC's auto-bid with an upset for the GMAC title, doesn't it?
                  I suppose so but were they really the "last team in" before that upset? I figured at 24-5 they would have been a little farther up the chain. Admittedly, I don't follow the women's side nearly like I do the men's though.

Comment

Originally posted by kwcpantherfan View Post
                    I suppose so but were they really the "last team in" before that upset? I figured at 24-5 they would have been a little farther up the chain. Admittedly, I don't follow the women's side nearly like I do the men's though.
                    I'm in the same boat as you, not really following the women's team (they start their games too early for me to watch). But they had a better record than 6 of 8 teams that made it in, and were the 2 seed in the GLVC, as well as 7th place in the last regional poll. It does seem like they got the short end of the stick, in my eyes. Can't really say that for any on the men's side this year though.

Comment

Originally posted by KnightStalker View Post
                      Is there some kind of limitation on how many players a team can have on the all-GLVC tourney team? If not, I think Al Davis definitely deserved it. He played 3 pretty darn good games. Myers may have had a big game over USI but his team didn't get to the final.
                      I agree, Al was a huge factor in these wins especially the last. Was very impressed with the new big coming off the bench too. Both of them shoot the 3 very well which opens up the middle when they have to defend that. Very tough to guard against.

Comment

Originally posted by DJ Silky Panties View Post
                        He got it last time they made E8. Before Freeland left his side(who made the tourney yet again) and he ran stuckman off.
                        ...and then he gets blasted in the first round of the GLVC tourney and misses the NCAA's. Good thing he was Coach of the Year over Drury's Molly Miller who was 17-1 in the league, won the GLVC tournament, and drew a 2 seed in the Regional.

Comment

Originally posted by DUPanther View Post
                          ...and then he gets blasted in the first round of the GLVC tourney and misses the NCAA's. Good thing he was Coach of the Year over Drury's Molly Miller who was 17-1 in the league, won the GLVC tournament, and drew a 2 seed in the Regional.
                          ....while starting 2 freshmen and playing 5. This from a total of 9 active players

Comment

Originally posted by crazznewt View Post
                            ....while starting 2 freshmen and playing 5. This from a total of 9 active players
                            Molly has gone 17-1 in the GLVC each of the last two years and hasn't won COY either year. Beating a dead horse, but the coaches who vote on these ought to be embarrassed.

Comment

Nyla coached Drury to the only unbeaten season in GLVC history at 19-0 and didn't win COY, why would we expect Molly to win it this year?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X