Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2017 Midwest Regional Tournament

Originally posted by BearcatMediaStudent View Post
    There are two #2 seeds left, Lincoln Memorial in the Southeast Region is the 2 seed, will face the #1 seed Queens.
    Yeah, Moves how could you forget Lincoln? I sure cant and bet they win that one too.

Comment

Originally posted by Knightmoves View Post
      7 out of 8 number 1 seeds are still among the final 16. Only one #2 is left, however. Since all the #1's are playing at home, you would have to call them all big favorites. Northwest Mo is the only one playing a #2, Southwest Minn St. NWMSt had to go overtime to win their first round game.

We failed as a group to take our usual collective pleasure in the fact that West Liberty lost their first round game. I guess the thrill is gone since whatsherface from WLU hasn't been posting over here.
      Yes and WLU lost on a controversial play too. Its a darn shame...

Comment

I stand corrected. I think the winner of the Queens v. Lincoln game should be the elite eight #1 seed. They won't be, but should be. The winner of the East will be the 8 seed and if I were one of the other teams, would like to play them.

Comment

I stand corrected. I think the winner of the Queens v. Lincoln game should be the elite eight #1 seed. They won't be, but should be. The winner of the East will be the 8 seed and if I were one of the other teams, would like to play them.
          Only way Queens or Lincoln are seeded #1 is if Northwest, Bellarmine and Fairmont all lose. I do agree that the winner of the East should be #8 no matter who else gets in from the other regions.

Comment

There are two #2 seeds left, Lincoln Memorial in the Southeast Region is the 2 seed, will face the #1 seed Queens.
            How about some insight on on Schneider for the Bearcats. How does a a 6'7" guy have 212 3 point attempts and only 2 2 point attempts. Seems like more than 2 two pointers would have fallen into his lap during the course of the season. Mind you, this is not a criticism, I just find that statistic to be extremely unusual.

Comment

How about some insight on on Schneider for the Bearcats. How does a a 6'7" guy have 212 3 point attempts and only 2 2 point attempts. Seems like more than 2 two pointers would have fallen into his lap during the course of the season. Mind you, this is not a criticism, I just find that statistic to be extremely unusual.
              Schneider is an extreme stretch 4. A lot of pick and pop and kick out 3's. His only 2FGM is off a fast break layup. He is used to space the floor so the Northwest PG Justin Pitts can do work in the lane. Schneider doesn't go inside the arc on offense.
              Also, true Freshman Ryan Welty (6'7) is a Schneider clone, 52 3FGM this year at a 68% rate.

Comment

Schneider is an extreme stretch 4. A lot of pick and pop and kick out 3's. His only 2FGM is off a fast break layup. He is used to space the floor so the Northwest PG Justin Pitts can do work in the lane. Schneider doesn't go inside the arc on offense.
                Also, true Freshman Ryan Welty (6'7) is a Schneider clone, 52 3FGM this year at a 68% rate.
                That percentage for Welty is fantastic. I think you could argue that it is actually too high. He should be getting more shots until he is shooting about 50% for threes. The formula is obviously working for them.

Comment

That percentage for Welty is fantastic. I think you could argue that it is actually too high. He should be getting more shots until he is shooting about 50% for threes. The formula is obviously working for them.
                  You are absolutely right, even NW's head coach has said he wants him to take more shots because he is so efficient. But Welty takes shots within the rhythm of the offense, can't complain.
                  NW's offense is really hard to guard when Schneider and Welty are on the court at the same time.

Comment

Well we have one team in the Elite 8, Chico State. They beat UC San Diego last night for the West title. Chico was only seeded 6th in the region although they had been as high as 17th in the NABC poll this year. There will be at least 2 non-#1 seeds in the Elite Eight.

Comment

Originally posted by KnightStalker View Post
                      Well we have one team in the Elite 8, Chico State. They beat UC San Diego last night for the West title. Chico was only seeded 6th in the region although they had been as high as 17th in the NABC poll this year. There will be at least 2 non-#1 seeds in the Elite Eight.
                      Tough road for Chico, beat #11 Western Washington, #4 Hawaii Pacific and #19 UC San Diego to win the regional. Impressive stretch, especially considering they lost to UC San Diego by 12 in the CCAA Tournament.

Comment

Tough road for Chico, beat #11 Western Washington, #4 Hawaii Pacific and #19 UC San Diego to win the regional. Impressive stretch, especially considering they lost to UC San Diego by 12 in the CCAA Tournament.
                        That was the three highest seeds. You don't see that happen to often. Maybe they should get paired against the highest seed in the Elite 8. They seem to like it that way.

Comment

Originally posted by KnightStalker View Post
                          That was the three highest seeds. You don't see that happen to often. Maybe they should get paired against the highest seed in the Elite 8. They seem to like it that way.
                          Chico looks pretty good...Shot the 3 really well in the regional (13-26 one game)...and terrific FT shooters, 85% in a few games. .Will be interesting to where they're seeded..

Comment

Originally posted by IUP Extra Mile View Post
                            Chico looks pretty good...Shot the 3 really well in the regional (13-26 one game)...and terrific FT shooters, 85% in a few games. .Will be interesting to where they're seeded..
                            No worse than 7th because I think the East winner gets 8. If the other 6 #1 seeds win tonight I can't see them getting into 6th or higher. When do they seed them? Tonight, tomorrow or later in the week? Would think they do it pretty quickly so the teams have time to prepare.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X