Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I forget if it was mentioned earlier or not, but Oakland City is returning to the NAIA and will join the River States Conference. They seemed to play a decent number of G-MAC teams through the years.

Comment

• Comment

• They've been in bad shape for some time, haven't they?

Comment

• For sure. They were never a big school, but back in the day their enrollment was probably a solid 2000 or so. The last I heard, they were down to three or four hundred full time students - with most of those being student athletes.

Comment

• The Midwest D2 group is shrinking - Urbana closed, St. Joes closed, OCU to NAIA, Bellarmine to D1.

Comment

• With only 8 football schools, it would be wise to take off the kid gloves and throw a bone to a school in Cleveland. I could think of a few other privates I would also throw that bone at.

Comment

• Originally posted by JDonAB92 View Post
                With only 8 football schools, it would be wise to take off the kid gloves and throw a bone to a school in Cleveland. I could think of a few other privates I would also throw that bone at.
                Yeah, if they don't take action soon, GMAC's gonna be done. Everybody's going to look out for themselves. Good luck.

Comment

• Walsh playing an exhibition against Duke.

Comment

• Hoping the G-MAC schools make it through this unscathed.

Enrollment wise, I have often wondered how OVU stays open. According to Dept of Education stats, they have 374 undergrads, 222 of which are student athletes. Those numbers are very similar to where Urbana was before the closure. That said, OVU has had those types of numbers for years. They must have tremendous support from their church affiliation.
                    Last edited by BlueBlood; 04-23-2020, 06:58 AM.

Comment

• I guess OVU, ABU and Lake Erie would be schools that would be in trouble if fall classes don't take place on campus. I am sure there are others. Also if athletics are cancelled, it would be a major blow to those three schools. AB's president has sent out video messages on social media that things are fine, and I actually trust this guy. But who really knows. I would say it would be crippling to quite a few G-MAC schools if things remain the same as they are now for next year.

I take no satisfaction in Urbana closing. It hurts students in a real bad way. It hurts faculty and costs people jobs. It really stings alumni and hurts to see their school close.

The only thing I will say is that when the G-MAC had its struggles, the MEC wall banger was here taking shots. That has nothing to do with any thing. Just an observation. But....Shepherd and UVA-Wise left the MEC. Urbana, unfortunately, has to close its doors. New MEC addition UNC Pembroke just joined Conference Carolinas. Some times when the shoe is on the other foot....I guess it doesn't feel too good.

Comment

• Tiffin cancels equestrian and men's and women's swim and diving programs.

https://www.advertiser-tribune.com/n...dive-programs/

Comment

• Comment

• I wonder about Tiffin and how they will fair if kids aren't back on campus and sports aren't played in the fall. I was looking at some numbers and was surprise that Lake Erie has about triple the school Endowment that Tiffin has. In fact Tiffin has one of the smallest endowments of colleges in Ohio.

Also I know this is a G-MAC board, so I will leave this here. I would be completely shocked after all this has disrupted things if Ashland is not in the GMAC in the next few years. My feeling was it was heading that way, but with cost cutting around I don't see how they don't make the move.

Comment

• Last edited by BlueBlood; 05-08-2020, 08:11 AM.

Comment

• Cedarville announced yesterday that instruction will resume on-campus in August.

Anybody else make announcements yet?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X