Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Right I think the "goal" was a 2 division G-MAC - North (OH/WV) and South (KY/TN). Lee, Union, and Christian Brothers are small private D2 colleges in TN that are in Gulf South but don't offer Football. Those schools combined with KWC, TNU, Georgetown, Cumberland, and maybe Bellarmine or Kentucky State or another NAIA school would make a nice 8 team division for most sports.

Comment

• Last edited by BlueBlood; 05-24-2020, 09:20 AM.

Comment

• IN and KY are NAIA strongholds. Almost all the schools In those states that fit the G-MAC profile are NAIA. TN is a mixed bag, but unfortunately for TNU, the other D2 schools in TN are at the far outer extremities, nowhere close to TNU.

This is creating issues for KWC, TNU and UIndy. Like I said earlier, the occasional KWC/TNU road trip for the OH schools is not bad. Nashville is a unique experience that kids seem to enjoy. However, we need to remember, TNU and KWC are driving that same distance for every single conference road game.

Comment

• Alderson Broaddus announced today that it intends to return to on-campus classes in the fall. Interesting enough....they are going back on August 10 as first day of classes. Finals will end on November 20th.

https://www.wboy.com/news/education/...n-in-the-fall/

Comment

• On the very first page of this thread (circa 2016), I asked If you could add two schools as members of the G-MAC, who would get your invite?
            Originally posted by BlueBlood View Post
            Re: G-MAC All-Sports and Conference Business Thread

I think a homerun would be UIndy and Bellarmine. Understanding that those two have a very comfortable home and likely have no reason to leave, I'd say Taylor and Marian. Taylor gets us into IN, is a very highly-ranked academic institution, and gives Hillsdale and Findlay some company up in that corner. Marian would be a good travel partner, is right in Indy, and is ranked in the top tier by US News (as are all incoming GLIAC schools).

Comment

• I have supported Marian and Taylor to the G-MAC for a long time. Both are relatively easy travel for KWC and TNU.

Comment

• Going all Catholic:
                NDC
                Thomas More

Comment

• Thomas More just moved to NAIA from D3 a year ago.

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• AB immediate move conspiracy theory:

MEC and GMAC both know that AB for NDC straight up is not a fair trade. GMAC is letting AB leave early as a concession. NDC moves later, coming into the conference with Ashland.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stea1th View Post
                          AB immediate move conspiracy theory:

MEC and GMAC both know that AB for NDC straight up is not a fair trade. GMAC is letting AB leave early as a concession. NDC moves later, coming into the conference with Ashland.
                          Makes sense, of course I haven't seen much sense around lately

Comment

• Originally posted by Stea1th View Post
                            AB immediate move conspiracy theory:

Or, I'm wondering if they had an arrangement with the G-MAC from the get-go regarding a possible future move to the MEC. Davis and Elkins also moved without delay. The G-MAC had absolutely zero negotiating power circa 2012. I know what the bylaws say, but there could have been an addendum for the WV schools who wanted to return to the WVIAC/MEC someday if allowed.

Either way, this is very good logistically for both AB and the G-MAC.

Comment

• Originally posted by UFOILERFAN View Post

Makes sense, of course I haven't seen much sense around lately
                              I agree with you, 2020 has been a VERY crazy year. And were not even at the half way mark yet.
                              Last edited by crixus; 06-09-2020, 07:14 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueBlood View Post

Or, I'm wondering if they had an arrangement with the G-MAC from the get-go regarding a possible future move to the MEC. Davis and Elkins also moved without delay. The G-MAC had absolutely zero negotiating power circa 2012. I know what the bylaws say, but there could have been an addendum for the WV schools who wanted to return to the WVIAC/MEC someday if allowed.

Either way, this is very good logistically for both AB and the G-MAC.

I loved the WVIAC and went to their Basketball Tournament finale in Charleston back in the Spring of 2013. They never should have broke that conference up in the first place. I'm glad to see that the WV schools are coming back together, for the most part. https://twitter.com/i/status/1269479001170628608
                                Last edited by crixus; 06-09-2020, 07:38 PM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X