Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can honestly say I have more respect for the GMAC than any other NCAA conference and it has nothing to do with athletics.

Comment

• Comment

• Blue Blood, the carnage of elimination of sports by institutions has been going on since the cancellation of the NCAA Basketball Tournament. Football and Basketball in Division 1 pays a great amount of the other sports bills. That is the real issue today and why there has been this play that the Division 1 will move to their own organization. They are outnumbered in voting within the NCAA, but provide the majority of revenue. Also if you check out on facebook collegesportsinfo.com there have been posts on all the schools and sports being cancelled since the tournament.

Comment

• Originally posted by realignmentreport1 View Post
          Blue Blood, the carnage of elimination of sports by institutions has been going on since the cancellation of the NCAA Basketball Tournament. Football and Basketball in Division 1 pays a great amount of the other sport bills.
          Yes, I've seen the broader carnage. LaSalle just struck a bit of a nerve as its a small religious-affiliated school (like the G-MAC schools). Its the same size as Ashland or Cedarville..

Comment

• I think La Salle in some way was hoping to get a call from the Big East when the announcement of UConn came about. There is more institutions besides the former "Catholic 7" that exist in division 1 with mainly Basketball in the forefront. From Gonzaga and St. Mary's to St. Louis and others. Its ironic that most moves are made with football in mind, however every school of any size can compete in men's basketball, where a small percent play football. If there is a breakaway from the Power 5 I think there might be issues for them as well. What is the reason we all love the NCAA tournament? We love seeing schools we never heard of knocking out the big schools, giving the opportunity to everyone. If there is a breakaway those smaller schools will probably not compete with the new organization.

Comment

• The conference has posted schedules for Volleyball, Football and M/W Soccer. Says Basketball conference games to start Dec 3, but schedule not released yet. Very happy to see some activity. Cross Country is great and all, but its nice to finally see some news about other sports.

Comment

• Oiler Basketball schedule posted today. 20 games, all GMAC, play everyone twice. That's it so far.
                https://athletics.findlay.edu/sports...20-21/schedule

Comment

• I saw where Kentucky Wesleyan has reported a new endowment number from a site that the college has to update. Wesleyan''s endowment has increased by around $6,000,000. I'm sure the previous administration helped with that cause, but the current administration recently published a book with all the names of the alumni that gave $400 in order for their name to be published in the book. That deal made a lot of money. I have the alumni list book and the numbers that gave at least $400 was large. This increase in endowment helps everyone at the college and the college at large. The enrollment number, I believe, has started climbing back up. The college is headed in the right direction.

Comment

• Comment

• NO spectators for indoor events at Findlay.
                      https://athletics.findlay.edu/genera...20201026fbhiut

Comment

• I've been reading on the PSAC board about the proposed merging of existing smaller state schools to form larger institutions that have enrollments of 10,000+. Much of this is just in the exploration stage now, but I'm wondering how this will eventually impact Mercyhurst, Gannon and Seton Hill. These are small, private (very G-MACesque) schools not too far from the G-MAC's eastern boarder.
                        Potential Issues/Questions I could see developing:
                        1) Do the new larger PA state schools remain D2, or do they reach/strive for D1 FCS (like a Towson, Youngstown St, James Madison, etc)?
                        2) If the new larger PA state schools go D1, how many schools does that leave the PSAC with? How does that affect travel?
                        3) If the new larger PA state schools do remain D2, how many schools does that leave the PSAC with? How does that affect travel?
                        4) If the new larger PA state schools do remain D2, are Mercyhurst, Gannon and Seton Hill cool with being smaller schools in a conference made up of several schools with enrollments in the 10,000 to 17,000 range? The PSAC could conceivably go from WCU and IUP being somewhat of enrollment outliers to the small private schools becoming the enrollment outliers.

Part of me thinks this could eventually lead to a reshuffling of the deck between the PSAC, MEC and G-MAC (and maybe others).
                        Last edited by BlueBlood; 10-28-2020, 12:24 PM.

Comment

• First this would be very ironic if any go Division I considering the conference title game was established based on the PSAC. Some of the schools could be a move up for the replacement of Robert Morris in the NEC, saw an article awhile ago that said Indiana, PA could be a potential upgrade. I do not see enough of the schools large enough even with consolidation to move the conference to D1. Mercyhurst, Gannon and Seton Hill have been odd schools after the WVIAC ceased to exist. There was even a time 25 years ago that University of Pittsburgh-Johnstown would become the main campus. The issues I think were used as a barganing chip for the city neighborhood the the main campus of the University of Pittsburgh, that was many years ago.

Comment

• UF's Tommy Schmock Sportscenter Top Plays # 7

https://fb.watch/2NQff7XHKY/

Comment

• Ohio Valley is looking at NAIA. They have been approved as a provisional member of the River States Conference. Oakland City joined that conference last year.

OHIO VALLEY APPROVED AS PROVISIONAL MEMBER OF RSC

Comment

• Good for them. That is a really good fit for OVU.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X