Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow, if they are approved for D2 status this is welcome news, indeed!

https://greatmidwestsports.com/news/...t-midwest.aspx

Comment

• Comment

• Thomas More will be the only D2 in the Cincy metro. Seems like an opportunity for them and nice for the G-MAC to plant its flag there.

Comment

• Checked out their facilities (online). Their gym is smallish, but the football stadium looks nice. They just re-turfed it and redid the track as well. Baseball and softball fields are very basic. Everything is on campus - so that is a plus.

Comment

• I still hold out hope that Georgetown and Cumberland give joining NCAA another try and that Indy will join. That would give a 16 men's sports conference that could go to North Division and South Division.with I-70 as dividing line. I don't know why Cumberland was refused DII status. At the time Georgetown was under watch by its accreditation board but is now on good terms. Rumors at the time were that GLVC and GLIAC black-balled them to keep GMAC from reaching auto bid status. I don't know if that's true but they were the only NAIA schools refused entry. If that's true there is no reason for the conferences to oppose them now.

South "Travel Partners" - ODU*/Cedarville, Thomas More*/Indy*, KWC*/Georgetown*, TNU/Cumberland*
            North "Travel Partners" - Hillsdale*/Northwood, Findlay*/Tiffan*, Ashland*/Lake Erie*, Malone/Walsh*
            Last edited by WKYDave; 08-20-2021, 10:24 AM. Reason: Updated with * to show football schools

Comment

• Originally posted by WKYDave View Post
              I still hold out hope that Georgetown and Cumberland give joining NCAA another try and that Indy will join. That would give a 16 men's sports conference that could go to North Division and South Division.with I-70 as dividing line. I don't know why Cumberland was refused DII status. At the time Georgetown was under watch by its accreditation board but is now on good terms. Rumors at the time were that GLVC and GLIAC black-balled them to keep GMAC from reaching auto bid status. I don't know if that's true but they were the only NAIA schools refused entry. If that's true there is no reason for the conferences to oppose them now.

South "Travel Partners" - ODU/Cedarville, Thomas More/Indy, KWC/Georgetown, TNU/Cumberland
              North "Travel Partners" - Hillsdale/Northwood, Findlay/Tiffan, Ashland/Lake Erie, Malone/Walsh

This would be ideal. Adding Thomas More is encouraging because I think it points to more schools being added. Also. Northwood makes even more sense because I think we will actually get to the North/South Divisions.

Comment

• Originally posted by WKYDave View Post
                I still hold out hope that Georgetown and Cumberland give joining NCAA another try and that Indy will join. That would give a 16 men's sports conference that could go to North Division and South Division.with I-70 as dividing line. I don't know why Cumberland was refused DII status. At the time Georgetown was under watch by its accreditation board but is now on good terms. Rumors at the time were that GLVC and GLIAC black-balled them to keep GMAC from reaching auto bid status. I don't know if that's true but they were the only NAIA schools refused entry. If that's true there is no reason for the conferences to oppose them now.

South "Travel Partners" - ODU/Cedarville, Thomas More/Indy, KWC/Georgetown, TNU/Cumberland
                North "Travel Partners" - Hillsdale/Northwood, Findlay/Tiffan, Ashland/Lake Erie, Malone/Walsh
                Awkward to have 17 for women's sports though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Inkblot View Post

With Thomas More the GMAC will have an even number of football schools, Football is much harder to schedule with an odd number, so I'm good.

Comment

• BTW - TMU has some sports that the G-MAC is trying to build membership in: Wrestling, Men's and Women's Lacrosse, Men's and Women's Tennis, Men's and Women's Bowling.

Comment

• Originally posted by Inkblot View Post

With Ursuline we've been at an awkward number of women's teams since the beginning...it's just a different awkward number every year. Not that big of a deal.

Comment

• G-MAC added men's/women's bowling to the website. There isn't a lot of info under those tabs yet - but they are there.

Comment

• It will be interesting to see if possible USI movement helps jiggle UIndy free.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueBlood View Post
                            It will be interesting to see if possible USI movement helps jiggle UIndy free.
                            UIndy Island might be even further away from the GLVC Mainland.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueBlood View Post
                              It will be interesting to see if possible USI movement helps jiggle UIndy free.
                              Agree...does Lewis follow Parkside and look at GLIAC also?

Comment

• It has to be looking more and more appealing to them

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X