Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G-MAC All-Sports and Conference Business Thread

Test. I can't find the other thread, seeing if this one takes.

Re: G-MAC All-Sports and Conference Business Thread

Wow! Something bad happened. Thanks for starting this up.

Comment

Originally posted by ABjo View Post
      Wow! Something bad happened. Thanks for starting this up.
      Yeah, I'm not sure if we will ever get the other stuff back or not. In case we don't, I figured I would start one thread for G-MAC basketball and one more-general thread for [all sports other than basketball/football] and ["conference stuff"]. When the conference was new there was lots of conference news and speculation. There was probably actually more conference news than basketball news. Now that the conference is maturing and growing, I figured we should finally give basketball its own thread.

Comment

Whoa! All of my hard work just went poof! Oh well, it is much cleaner looking now!

In volleyball news, the conference season started last weekend for TNU, KWC, Ursuline, & Malone. Trevecca came out on top with wins both at Ursuline & Malone. The road trip to Ursuline has always been a tough one for them. So, I am sure that they are glad to come out of this road trip at 2-0 for the season! It is also definitely looking like the "Blue" division of the conference is much stronger than the "Black" division this year! Speaking of which, can one of our A/B people on here tell us what the heck is going on with A/B's volleyball program! Never saw them starting this season at 0-13! Yikes!

Also, get yourselves ready, the 1st match-up of the season between Trevecca & Cedarville is this Saturday! You will probably want to tune in to watch TNU's stream of that one! Both teams probably have the best teams that they have assembled in the NCAA era! I think it is going to be a great one especially since Cedarville always struggles in Trevecca's gym. Even their wins their have been nail biters in the past!

Comment

Originally posted by buckeyeblitz View Post
          Whoa! All of my hard work just went poof! Oh well, it is much cleaner looking now!

In volleyball news, the conference season started last weekend for TNU, KWC, Ursuline, & Malone. Trevecca came out on top with wins both at Ursuline & Malone. The road trip to Ursuline has always been a tough one for them. So, I am sure that they are glad to come out of this road trip at 2-0 for the season! It is also definitely looking like the "Blue" division of the conference is much stronger than the "Black" division this year! Speaking of which, can one of our A/B people on here tell us what the heck is going on with A/B's volleyball program! Never saw them starting this season at 0-13! Yikes!

Also, get yourselves ready, the 1st match-up of the season between Trevecca & Cedarville is this Saturday! You will probably want to tune in to watch TNU's stream of that one! Both teams probably have the best teams that they have assembled in the NCAA era! I think it is going to be a great one especially since Cedarville always struggles in Trevecca's gym. Even their wins their have been nail biters in the past!
          No idea... I'm as confused as you are. They're winning some sets, just can't put everything together to win a match. Conditioning? Dare I say coaching? Not sure, just not a good team right now.

Comment

I'm having buyers remorse regarding the thread title... Maybe "The Even Newer and More Improved Super-Duper Official Thread for the G-MAC"?

Comment

Originally posted by BlueBlood View Post
              I'm having buyers remorse regarding the thread title... Maybe "The Even Newer and More Improved Super-Duper Official Thread for the G-MAC"?
              Yeah, that would have been MUCH better! :)

Comment

I saw on the GLIAC thread that the NCAA granted Purdue Northwest's appeal - So PNW will join Davenport as new members of the GLIAC next year. I think this is good for the G-MAC on a couple fronts. 1) A strong GLIAC is good for the G-MAC (notably, the addition of the NAIA schools helps the GLIAC achieve the required minimum number of schools for a couple sports. If they didn't achieve that, it might have created an awkward situation where half the GLIAC was looking for an affiliate membership); also 2) The G-MAC still needs to consider southern expansion at some point (to benefit TNU and KWC). As we know, most of the potential schools in that area are NAIA. The NCAA had been on a nasty streak of membership denials (nationwide, not just in the Midwest) that likely scared all would-be suitors pretty bad. Davenport and PNW getting in should build a little confidence that a good app will be approved. That confidence is likely needed before schools stick their neck out.

Comment

Question for you guys: If you could add two schools as members of the G-MAC, who would get your invite? I'm curious to learn the perspective of the AB guys, the KWC guys, and of any guys associated with the incoming schools.

I think a homerun would be UIndy and Bellarmine. Understanding that those two have a very comfortable home and likely have no reason to leave, I'd say Taylor and Marian. Taylor gets us into IN, is a very highly-ranked academic institution, and gives Hillsdale and Findlay some company up in that corner. Marian would be a good travel partner, is right in Indy, and is ranked in the top tier by US News (as are all incoming GLIAC schools).

Comment

Question for you guys: If you could add two schools as members of the G-MAC, who would get your invite? I'm curious to learn the perspective of the AB guys, the KWC guys, and of any guys associated with the incoming schools.

I think a homerun would be UIndy and Bellarmine. Understanding that those two have a very comfortable home and likely have no reason to leave, I'd say Taylor and Marian. Taylor gets us into IN, is a very highly-ranked academic institution, and gives Hillsdale and Findlay some company up in that corner. Marian would be a good travel partner, is right in Indy, and is ranked in the top tier by US News (as are all incoming GLIAC schools).
                    I would prefer Marian and Taylor as they both have football and I don't think that Indy is a possibility. Of course, Bellarmine would be a great additional add to the two other teams.

Comment

My dream picks would be WV Wesleyan and University of Charleston. Potential others on my list: Pikeville, Cumberland, Georgetown, Cambelsville.

Comment

Originally posted by ABjo View Post
                        My dream picks would be WV Wesleyan and University of Charleston. Potential others on my list: Pikeville, Cumberland, Georgetown, Cambelsville.
                        If Georgetown could get their accreditation problems resolved, I would be with you on that one. Traditionally good academic and athletics. Plus, its further north and easier to get to than some of the other "southern" possibilities (one of my tests is "would I still like this school in the conference even if TNU someday leaves").

I actually had Campbellsville typed out above and then replaced it with Marian. My change was only because I would have created some pretty spread-apart travel partners. I like Campbellsville a lot. If they were paired with Georgetown, that would be a nice tandem.
                        Last edited by BlueBlood; 09-29-2016, 11:48 AM.

Comment

Prediction:

Notre Dame
                          Wheeling Jesuit

Comment

Pikeville & Georgetown

Both are really long shots. Ashland would also be nice and makes sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Stea1th View Post
                              Prediction:

Notre Dame
                              Wheeling Jesuit
                              I've actually heard this. Didn't mention it because I didn't really believe it. Now I've seen it twice. Hmmmmm.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X