Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The University of Southern Indiana (USI) and Lindenwood University have announced that their athletic programs will be taking their teams to the Division I, according to the two universities� websi�

Comment

• Comment

• UIndy going D3 or NAIA would be a shocker, at least to me. The GLVC seems to be happy moving west but I suppose UIndy has to "explore all options". I actually had forgotten all about them making a move since the exploration seems to be never-ending

Comment

• Originally posted by UFOILERFAN View Post

UIndy going D3 or NAIA would be a shocker, at least to me. The GLVC seems to be happy moving west but I suppose UIndy has to "explore all options". I actually had forgotten all about them making a move since the exploration seems to be never-ending
          I agree, I'm not sure how D3 or NAIA fits with what UIndy is doing. My only thought is the Crossroads league a NAIA conference is heavily loaded with Indiana schools. Its very competitive and could be somewhat appealing. I would think it would be a step down from staying in D2 though.

Comment

• UIndy to anything but GMAC would be a surprise to me. I have to thing the other options mentioned are simply to show they are doing their due diligence. Crossroad League of NAIA would be nice for all the Indiana schools, but outside of Marian/Indiana Wesleyan/Saint Francis, they would overmatch everyone in that conference on the field, and would not really fit in with the very devout Christian schools that make up that conference

Comment

• I'm sure I've said this before but it would be nice to get to a North/South GMAC split with I-70 being the line. Indy would be nice 2nd step (Thomas More being 1st). It will take finding 2 more teams south of I-70 in Ohio or Indiana or KY or TN to make that happen though. I still wonder about Cumberland U in TN sometimes....

Of course maybe you create a 6 team South KWC/TNU, UIndy/TMU, C'ville/ODU) and 8 team North (Northwood/Hillsdale), Findlay/Tiffin, Ashland/Lake Erie, Walsh/Malone)?

Comment

• Comment

• I'm just gonna sit here and wait...and wait...and wait...to see if UIndy ever makes a decision.

Comment

I'm just gonna sit here and wait...and wait...and wait...to see if UIndy ever makes a decision.
                    You and me both. Been on that bandwagon since I was an undergrad there. I have always thought the future of the GMAC was to functionally be the DII conference of Ohio and Indiana (Current Ohio Schools plus Uindy, NDC, Marian, IWU, Saint Francis, Taylor would be a very even and competitive conference across most sports).

Yet, schools and conferences move on their own timetables and agendas, not mine.

Comment

• Unscrambling my random thoughts: If UIndy decides to stay in the GLVC would they even make an announcement? If they decide to stay D2 and join the GMAC that invite's been out there a long time shouldn't really take much discussion. If they are considering a move to D1 that could take awhile to arrange money issues, etc. I have completely dismissed the D3/NAIA possibility as ridiculous. The man said that they are playing in the GLVC in 22/23. I have solved nothing but I feel better.

Comment

Unscrambling my random thoughts: If UIndy decides to stay in the GLVC would they even make an announcement? If they decide to stay D2 and join the GMAC that invite's been out there a long time shouldn't really take much discussion. If they are considering a move to D1 that could take awhile to arrange money issues, etc. I have completely dismissed the D3/NAIA possibility as ridiculous. The man said that they are playing in the GLVC in 22/23. I have solved nothing but I feel better.
                        GLVC? No announcement probably, maybe just a quick "we thought about it and decided to stay" blurb on the website
                        D1? They would roll out the PR red carpet for such a big-time announcement.
                        D3/NAIA? both bizarre choices would warrant a serious explanation.
                        GMAC? it would look mostly like when Northwood announced they would join.

Comment

• Tiffin adding men's lacrosse for spring 2024. This will be the 5th full member with the sport including the previously announced addition at Malone and the future expansion of Thomas More.

Tiffin University starting men's lacrosse program

Comment

• Comment

• Congrats to Findlay women's golf - National Champs!

Comment

• Also, Congrats to Findlay on winning the G-MAC All-Sports Presidents Cup.

2021-22 Great Midwest Presidents Cup Standings
                                School Championships Won Total Points
                                Findlay 8 166.5
                                Ashland 3 138.5
                                Walsh 4 136.5
                                Tiffin 4 135.5
                                Hillsdale 4 128
                                Cedarville 1 115
                                Trevecca Nazarene 0 68.5
                                Malone 0 68
                                Ohio Dominican 0 67
                                Lake Erie 1 64.5