Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: Thanks Brandon or Whom was responsible

Thanks to whom was responsible for cleaning and making sure the post in this particular Forum is being kept update and not seeing post several years old.

Re: OT: Thanks Brandon or Whom was responsible

From the OT board - JR Chaney's response:
    "There was some bad code in the off topic forum. I pulled it offline to look at and clean up. I'll bring the topics back afterwards if I can."

Comment

Is north Alabama in the Midwest region? We will just start more threads and continue the rants.

Comment

One has to wonder, though, why should a message board owner or administrator be forced to wipe out everything that has been posted in the Midwest Region. It's an insult not just to me, but to A LOT of others. We are who we are. Get used to it! Are some of the athletic programs in this region so fearful of what they read, that they have to pressure the site to take down ALL the comments and threads in the Midwest Region and the Independent Football Thread? What are they afraid of?

I agree on this. We should not be criticizing individual players, and I am sure I have done that in the past. However, we all have opinions about our respective program that we support and sometimes criticize. NCAA Division II does not get a pass. It's just that in Division II, this is your National or Midwest Region Daily sports news as it happens. Be worried when nobody gives a damn.

Comment

Originally posted by alumnifan View Post
          One has to wonder, though, why should a message board owner or administrator be forced to wipe out everything that has been posted in the Midwest Region. It's an insult not just to me, but to A LOT of others. We are who we are. Get used to it! Are some of the athletic programs in this region so fearful of what they read, that they have to pressure the site to take down ALL the comments and threads in the Midwest Region and the Independent Football Thread? What are they afraid of?

I agree on this. We should not be criticizing individual players, and I am sure I have done that in the past. However, we all have opinions about our respective program that we support and sometimes criticize. NCAA Division II does not get a pass. It's just that in Division II, this is your National or Midwest Region Daily sports news as it happens. Be worried when nobody gives a damn.
          No one forced us and no one threatened us. It was simply a computer/code issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post
            No one forced us and no one threatened us. It was simply a computer/code issue.

Of course that's what a stooge of The Man would say. You're not fooling anybody. 😀

Comment

You probably don't know it, but it not only affected the Basketball Midwest Region and the Independent Football Thread. It included the entire D2 Message Board. Just about all post prior to July of 2016 are gone. I also refer back from time to time to some post in this forum.

alumnifan You or I has no control over what topics we start or reply to.

I posted the following in the GSC Football Forum:

I was glad to see some of the board to be clean up a little. Even some of the threads that I refer back to are gone. I like to see the current season and the past season.

On the Basketball Forum, the Midwest Forum is by far the most active in the basketball category and more active than several of the football sub forums.The Thread in that Forum dealing with Kentucky Wesleyan went back to the spring of 2013. Just that one thread had around 430 pages.
              Last edited by North Ala Screwdriver; 10-05-2016, 12:49 PM. Reason: more comments

Comment

Originally posted by North Ala Screwdriver View Post
                You probably don't know it, but it not only affected the Basketball Midwest Region and the Independent Football Thread. It included the entire D2 Message Board. Just about all post prior to July of 2016 are gone. I also refer back from time to time to some post in this forum.

I posted the following in the GSC Football Forum:

I was glad to see some of the board to be clean up a little. Even some of the threads that I refer back to are gone. I like to see the current season and the past season.

On the Basketball Forum, the Midwest Forum is by far the most active in the basketball category and more active than several of the football sub forums.The Thread in that Forum dealing with Kentucky Wesleyan went back to the spring of 2013. Just that one thread had around 430 pages.
                Yep it was me. We had some issues, I ran a couple sql commands and one of the things it did was purge the posts that were over x number of days old. I didn't notice it was tucked away in the script from an earlier time.

Comment

Originally posted by JR Chaney View Post
                  Yep it was me. We had some issues, I ran a couple sql commands and one of the things it did was purge the posts that were over x number of days old. I didn't notice it was tucked away in the script from an earlier time.

All is forgiven if that is the truth. USI Sucks!

Comment

All is forgiven if that is the truth. USI Sucks!
                    It's the truth, I was in a hurry and didn't read all the lines in the script. Flip side, the site is faster!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X