• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New bellarmine thread

Originally posted by #1KnightFan View Post
    Bellarmine signed new players today.

https://athletics.bellarmine.edu/new...-signings.aspx
    The Courier Journal last week listed Nick Thelen as the top player to watch in Region 9 and his team Covington Catholic as the top Region 9 preseason pick. He looks like a top notch recruit for Scotty.

Comment

No surprises with the signings, but it is good to see that all three are signed, sealed, and delivered.

Nice haul. Is my aging memory failing me, or didn't Jake say that Nick Thelen might be the best player of the several in the family?

Comment

• Originally posted by BellarmineGrad View Post
        No surprises with the signings, but it is good to see that all three are signed, sealed, and delivered.

Nice haul. Is my aging memory failing me, or didn't Jake say that Nick Thelen might be the best player of the several in the family?

Jake said his brother was the most athletic.

Comment

Kind of a tribute to Jake. He is probably a top 5 all time player for BU, and there have been litterally hundreds of players for BU who were more athletic.

I did not realize that Nick was 6'8". If he can be anything close to the rebounding machine his brother was, he will be a great addition.

BTW, I promise that this will be the last post I make comparing Jake and Nick Thelan. I will let Nick stand on his own.
          Last edited by Knightmoves; 11-28-2018, 09:27 AM.

Comment

Yeah, based on an article or two and some photos I recall seeing, he's a dunker, which is cool and always a good way to "finish inside."

Comment

• http://catholicsportsnet.com/louisvi...-s-jake-thelen

Anyway, so much for Lindenwood being a challenge. After a nice first half, BU really did the Lions a favor by coming out "lackadaisical" (as Scotty said on the post-game show) and also taking too long to respond to the zone. Have to play more hungry than that on Saturday night in Evansville.

Comment

Originally posted by BellarmineGrad View Post
                Anyway, so much for Lindenwood being a challenge. After a nice first half, BU really did the Lions a favor by coming out "lackadaisical" (as Scotty said on the post-game show) and also taking too long to respond to the zone. Have to play more hungry than that on Saturday night in Evansville.
                Sounds exactly like our second half against the Mighty Oaks. Looking forward to seeing you guys play on Saturday, but not looking forward to being angry after the game.

Comment

Amazing first half last night, however must admit Lindenwood was not impressive as a team although they did have a couple of talented individuals. Knights were on autopilot second half until Scotty fussed at them then they picked it up a little, but not a lot.

Comment

I thought it was a very good performance by the Knights. LInwood is probably the best team we have played this season and they were simply overwhelmed by the BU defense. The game showed the versatility of the front line with Weyer and Cook having excellent games. Of course A.E. was great with 10 assists. The guy is capable of scoring 30, but never concerns himself with his point total. Still think he will get a triple double this season. The main factor against it is that C.C., Weyer, and Cook have improved their rebounding and that is one stat that you compete for against teammates.

Comment

Thrilled with Daniel Ramser's confident shooting the first couple of possessions but definitely concerned with the slow second half. While I understand being up 20 can bring on that lull, my big concern for the regular season was becoming complacent and losing that edge for a game. If Bellarmine can avoid this, their depth and defense should help to avoid any serious upsets.

Comment

I know we have a whole lot of games to play before we get to postseason, but I've been watching scores in the region and noticed Ferris State got beat by Wayne state Thurs night. I was unimpressed with Wayne State when the came to Knights Hall so things are shaky for the defending national champs right now as they are for Drury. Who will be the most likely challengers within the region? Findlay, Indy, Ashland?

Comment

Not USI, that is for sure. Davenport is going to have a great time laying it on Watson again. We should pay for your gas to come over because it's going to be a waste of your time playing us.

Originally posted by BGrad1971 View Post
                          I know we have a whole lot of games to play before we get to postseason, but I've been watching scores in the region and noticed Ferris State got beat by Wayne state Thurs night. I was unimpressed with Wayne State when the came to Knights Hall so things are shaky for the defending national champs right now as they are for Drury. Who will be the most likely challengers within the region? Findlay, Indy, Ashland?

Comment

Originally posted by BGrad1971 View Post

Comment

Article on Eberhard by the Evansville paper. Looking forward to a good game Saturday.

https://www.courierpress.com/story/s...ll/2116021002/

Comment

Agree, this game was 10 years in the making. All of the losses and weak scheduling were nothing more than a smoke screen to get Dave port to lower his guard!

Eagles win the game by -21 points!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X