Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New bellarmine thread

Oh Grad, do you not know that Bro studies all of D2? I'm sure he knows who is the top teams in every conference and has watched video of most of them(as long as it was free.) He knew all of Barry's tendencies and still declared that BU would put a whooping on them ala LeMoyne last year.

Comment

Originally posted by KnightStalker View Post
      He knew all of Barry's tendencies and still declared that BU would put a whooping on them ala LeMoyne last year.
      Meh, we basically declare BU will put a whipping on whomever they play at Knights Hall.

Comment

Scotty tweeted out a pic of the Knights Hall floor, updated to include the logo of sponsor Park Community Credit Union.

Hope there's a good crowd there to see it on Saturday -- the UK v. U of L game [yawn] is earlier that afternoon.

Comment

Daniel Ramser is often heralded for doing things "that don't show up in the box score", which is very much true. However, in the last three games, he has definitely been showing up impressively in the box score as well. 11 of 13 from the field, 9.3 per game, 3.3 rebounds, 4apg, and 0 turnovers. While almost always defending the other team's best offensive player. He has shown a great deal of confidence in his ability to finish around the hoop on back door plays and is clearly much more confident in his ability to shoot and make the 3. He is shooting over 70% for the season. He will never be All American, and he probably won't even be all conference, but he will get the more important accolade, he is a winner.

Comment

Originally posted by Knightmoves View Post
            Daniel Ramser is often heralded for doing things "that don't show up in the box score", which is very much true. However, in the last three games, he has definitely been showing up impressively in the box score as well. 11 of 13 from the field, 9.3 per game, 3.3 rebounds, 4apg, and 0 turnovers. While almost always defending the other team's best offensive player. He has shown a great deal of confidence in his ability to finish around the hoop on back door plays and is clearly much more confident in his ability to shoot and make the 3. He is shooting over 70% for the season. He will never be All American, and he probably won't even be all conference, but he will get the more important accolade, he is a winner.

Comment

Originally posted by Knightmoves View Post
              You forgot the 4 blocks and 2 steals. Daniel does whatever is necessary and, as you noted, usually guarding the other team's best guy. Johnson of N Mich one of the most talented offensive players to be in Knights Hall in a while and Daniel chased him until he got 4 fouls. He is in line for the "Brent Bach Award" .... guy you never thought would contribute much but has a stellar Senior year. The 0 turnovers will be a key as we continue the season.

Comment

Two quick comments: (1) I agree with the comments on Daniel Ramser and I admit I was one of those who would have never guessed he would have turned out to be the player he is back when he first set foot on campus. His last several games have been extra outstanding. (2) Just watched the WAVe3 6:00 news and on the sports segment there was a short piece on BU and their home winning streak. They showed players at practice running drills and I noticed Palombizio working out with the team on a layup drill. Does anyone know if he is thinking of playing instead of red-shirting?

Comment

• Originally posted by BGrad1971 View Post
                  Two quick comments: (1) I agree with the comments on Daniel Ramser and I admit I was one of those who would have never guessed he would have turned out to be the player he is back when he first set foot on campus. His last several games have been extra outstanding. (2) Just watched the WAVe3 6:00 news and on the sports segment there was a short piece on BU and their home winning streak. They showed players at practice running drills and I noticed Palombizio working out with the team on a layup drill. Does anyone know if he is thinking of playing instead of red-shirting?

Comment

Palambizio needs to do whatever is best for him. I am not sure that playing him this season will make the team much better. Assuming he is as good as Weyer, Corbett, or Cook, adding him to the rotation may not increase the overall team play. Of course he would be nice insurance if one of the front court players were injured. If I were he, I would be champing at the bit to get in and be a significant player on a potential run to a national title and there is no time like the present.
                    I do wonder, however, if he brings something to the table that may be lacking: better defense against a true #4 . There aren't a bunch of those guys in D2, but it's possible that we could run into one. He looks like he may be the strongest among the front court players.
                    Last edited by Knightmoves; 12-28-2018, 12:45 AM.

Comment

Palombizio is such a nice "problem" to have. My gut reaction to the news he's been practicing with the squad was that, since the Knights are more frontcourt-heavy this season (unlike many others), redshirting would probably be best. But I quickly realized that, even though we've been watching the guys for a couple of months, we're still early in the season -- plenty of time to add toughness and/or something else. As Moves notes, certainly can't blame Palombizio for wanting to play now for a team poised to make a run.

In other news, I knew BU was shooting a high percentage as usual, but was a bit surprised to see (in the press release for the Martin Methodist game) that the Knights once again lead all three NCAA divisions in shooting percentage (57.1%).

Comment

Originally posted by BellarmineGrad View Post
                        Palombizio is such a nice "problem" to have. My gut reaction to the news he's been practicing with the squad was that, since the Knights are more frontcourt-heavy this season (unlike many others), redshirting would probably be best. But I quickly realized that, even though we've been watching the guys for a couple of months, we're still early in the season -- plenty of time to add toughness and/or something else. As Moves notes, certainly can't blame Palombizio for wanting to play now for a team poised to make a run.

In other news, I knew BU was shooting a high percentage as usual, but was a bit surprised to see (in the press release for the Martin Methodist game) that the Knights once again lead all three NCAA divisions in shooting percentage (57.1%).
                        Of course the Knight's lead the GLVC in field goal percentage at .571. The last place team in that category(MCK, .436) is closer to the second ranked team (UMSL, .500) than the second ranked team is to Bellarmine.

Comment

Originally posted by BGrad1971 View Post
                          Amazing turnout for the game. I noticed a good number of St. Agnes "Aggies" at the game and I'd like to take credit for delivering them, but that would be an untruth. NMU looks to be a darn good team, and they are going to make some noise this year in the GLIAC. USI looks to me like a dangerous team in the GLVC too...one must not take too seriously some of the comments on the USI message board. They've got some talented players. My only wish right now is just a little more offense from BU's guard position.
                          So I know I already replied to this but in case you missed it USI loses to King at home. I for one am not surprised. Many fans got excited over the two big wins at bu, this proves how vulnerable USI can be and why yes you better take seriously the comments on the USI message board.

Comment

Just in case any fellow Knightheads missed it, Weyer's injury is slight; on his post-game radio interview, Scotty said that Weyer could've played if really needed.

I was wondering if we'd see Palombizio, especially with Weyer out; Palo was in uniform, but apparently he (or Scotty) wants some more practice, as the squad didn't get a lot of work in with the holiday and mandated layoff.

Comment

One third through the season the Knights appear to be on track to capture the region #1 seed. Comparing Ashland and BU's schedule, both teams would appear to have a good chance to finish with 3 or less losses. Right now Massey numbers have BU with the lowest number of expected losses.for the season (just over 1). The toughest remaining game for the Knights is at Lewis, followed by the road game at Indy, and then Thursday's game at UMSL. It looks entirely possible that Ashland will get through January without a loss. Their toughest games are going to be in February on the road at Ferris, LSSU, and Northwood. Both teams have some potential tough home games, but road games are the more likely source of losses.

UMSL looks like a big game on Thursday. Kind of tough to objectively evaluate the Tritons, who have played a pretty soft schedule. A home loss to UIS, makes one think their record is inflated at this point. I'm guessing that Scotty will be reminding the team about the ridiculous road loss to Parkside last season. I don't think they will take anyone lightly.

Comment

Wod basketball at its best. Too bad KWC hired Cooper we could really use a coach that knows Xs and Os and discipline!

Originally posted by glvcpro View Post
                                So I know I already replied to this but in case you missed it USI loses to King at home. I for one am not surprised. Many fans got excited over the two big wins at bu, this proves how vulnerable USI can be and why yes you better take seriously the comments on the USI message board.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X