Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Big Smooth View Post
    BTW, our new radio guy is a big downgrade from Nick Curran and Doug Ormay. Why the change from Ormay?
    You are sure right about that. Apparently they could not come to terms with Ormay, who seems like a really nice fellow and did a really good job. I don't think Najar has any actual experience as a radio play by play guy. I am guessing that they will make an upgrade next year for D1. I know Nick Curran was doing the UofL women's games, I would love to hear him back on BU games.

Comment

• I agree on the comments regarding the announcer. Nick Curran was really good. I sort of expected to see him go on to bigger things. Doug Ormay was also quite good. I guess we'll see what happens next year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Smooth View Post
        Game was eerily reminiscent of USI game last year in NCAA. We are up 10 with 3 minutes to go and we don't get to the line once. Settle for 3 missed threes when Cook or Penn could have been taking it to the rim drawing fouls. Also, our old bugaboo, offensive rebounding...we give up 2 in last three minutes.
        Scotty said nothing on post game about running off clock.
        BTW, our new radio guy is a big downgrade from Nick Curran and Doug Ormay. Why the change from Ormay?
        Think it was strictly a money thing. Najar is the big cheese in the Louisville Catholic sports broadcasting network and he has been doing the women's broadcast for some time. Probably didn't want to pay Ormay much when he figured he could do it himself. I agree with Moves, I hope they intend to upgrade the whole announcing team with the move to D1. I think just having Curran by himself is a huge upgrade. Mark Bugg is one of the most loyal color guys, he is a true "homer" and all, but I think they could do with an upgrade in the color position as well.

Comment

• Comment

• Wish we could get my man Curran back -- I always enjoyed listening to him. Was never too impressed with Ormay.

I remember when Jim Kelch was the Knights' radio voice. He was terrific, went on to the Reds for a number of years, and I believe now does Bats games (with Curran) and NKU hoops contests. He'd be a great "get" for BU.

Comment

• Hmm...Nova Southeastern loses last night at home against Rollins 86-85. Assuming we take care of business today BU will likely be #1 in both polls. Not sure I like it except for the publicity it might bring. Otherwise it puts a bigger target on our back in a year when we have a very week early schedule.

Comment

• Well, that halftime "pep talk" certainly worked.

Comment

• Originally posted by BGrad1971 View Post
                  Hmm...Nova Southeastern loses last night at home against Rollins 86-85. Assuming we take care of business today BU will likely be #1 in both polls. Not sure I like it except for the publicity it might bring. Otherwise it puts a bigger target on our back in a year when we have a very week early schedule.
                  Agree. Truthfully, I'm not sure how good we are. There is plenty of talent, but we've only been tested once, and I would not give us an A on that test. In the context of being a national title contender, I would only give us a B- on the Indy game, considering the way Indy was allowed to get back into it at the end.

At least the home portion of the bad preconference schedule is over. Northwood was probably the only decent team.

Even though the home PCS was weak, I have been impressed by attendance. Very nice crowd yesterday for a Sunday afternoon game against a really bad team. I wonder if beer sales are helping attendance or whether the D1 announcement has just stimulated interest?
                  Last edited by Knightmoves; 12-16-2019, 11:28 AM.

Comment

• Weyer and Penn get a combined 6 points yet Knights win by 43. I'd like to say it shows how second line players are pretty good, but Mt SJ was pretty darn weak. Penny was a scoring machine and Chris Palo got a chance to gain some confidence against a team with no real inside presence. I had a chance to sit behind the BU bench two rows up. Scotty was steaming in the first half. In any event Rusty Troutman and his wife and their 6 month old baby girl were sitting next to me.

Comment

Weyer and Penn get a combined 6 points yet Knights win by 43. I'd like to say it shows how second line players are pretty good, but Mt SJ was pretty darn weak. Penny was a scoring machine and Chris Palo got a chance to gain some confidence against a team with no real inside presence. I had a chance to sit behind the BU bench two rows up. Scotty was steaming in the first half. In any event Rusty Troutman and his wife and their 6 month old baby girl were sitting next to me.
                      Rusty is quite used to Scotty's "passion." I am sure it won't be the last time his girl is exposed to it!

Comment

• Penny just showed what he is capable of, granted it was against a not so capable team. I still think once he gets the green light, he will score a ton of points, even against D1 comp in the next 2 years. Unfortunately, I assume he won't get that green light until at least next year except for mop up action like Sunday.

Comment

• Claycomb looked good against CBU. Impressive moves to the basket. Glad we'll have him back for another year.

Comment

Claycomb looked good against CBU. Impressive moves to the basket. Glad we'll have him back for another year.
                            You right about that. Little concerned about Ben Weyer, he has not been very assertive in the last couple of games. Cook was great in the first half last night (good thing, cause nobody else was) but was a non factor in the second half.

I give some credit to CBU for keeping it relatively close. Their 3 point shooting was awfully good, despite what the scouting report probably said.

Comment

• Okay, Christmas shopping with the wife and at wits end so.....

I wrote you a song

Sung to the tune of "Deck the Halls"

Deck Knights Hall with another banner
                              Falalalalalalalala
                              Davenport is the Lord of this manor
                              Falalalalalalalala
                              Don the silver and scarlet
                              Falalalalalalalala
                              Led by the Pitino incarnate
                              Falalalalalalalala

Fa la la la la, la la la la la la
                              Fa la la la la, fa la la la
                              Fa la la la la, la la la la la la
                              Fa la la la la, fa la la la

See the czar rule before us
                              Falalalalalalalala
                              He's tougher than 'ol Chuck Norris
                              Falalalalalalalala
                              The refs say he's transgressor
                              Falalalalalallalalal
                              Needs to watch his blood pressure
                              Falalalalalalala..........

Merry Christmas!
                              Last edited by crazznewt; 12-23-2019, 10:17 AM.

Comment

• Random observations:

CJ Fleming, who leads the team in minutes played, has not shot a free throw this season. Ben Weyer has only shot 6 free throws. It seems to me that they both need to attack the basket more, especially Weyer.

Pedro Bradshaw is shooting .732 from the field and .700 from 3. Truth is he has the best numbers per minute played of any of the front line guys.

Parker Chitty has a 6.5 a/to ratio. He leads the team in assists, despite playing fairly limited minutes. CJ has only 3 TO's in eight games, but is only averaging 1.6 assists. Not a criticism, he simply does not force passes and puts a premium on ball security.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X