Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good win against Lewis. Team played solid and kept the lead going for most of the game. I think Lewis was able to get it down to 12 a couple of times but each time BU pushed the lead back up. I am heartened by the play of Phriem. I do wonder why it's the non-regular players (Phriem, Penny have been starting of late but were not the first 7 for most of the season) who are getting the layups now that the regulars were not getting in the last 5 or 6 games. Phriem and Penny are starting to give me hope for next season. They need to continue to get some major playing time this year.

Comment

• Btw, UIS win over Indy reinforced that UIS is no fluke. They beat what had been the hottest team in the conference. It hints that maybe BU did not play so bad against UIS but that UIS is just a pretty good team now. I would give Soetan the POY of the GLVC right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by KnightStalker View Post
        I would give Soetan the POY of the GLVC right now.
        I personally think it's Brodric Thomas (2nd in scoring, 9th in rebounding, 10th in steals, 11th in assists, 14th in blocks, 15th in ast/turn ratio, 6th in minutes played) from Truman that's the front-runner for POY. All of those numbers are equal or better when looking at just GLVC games too. But they are very close!

Comment

• Originally posted by TSU_Mike59 View Post

I personally think it's Brodric Thomas (2nd in scoring, 9th in rebounding, 10th in steals, 11th in assists, 14th in blocks, 15th in ast/turn ratio, 6th in minutes played) from Truman that's the front-runner for POY. All of those numbers are equal or better when looking at just GLVC games too. But they are very close!
          You are probably right, I haven't seen Thomas in action yet. Just saying the way Soetan played against BU and Indy was POY type "stuff." Since we are talking about POY who else could be considered? I think Jimmie King at Indy should get some consideration. BU and UMSL spread around the wealth so well no one player stands out. I think Cook is the closest to a POY candidate on BU. Rose for UMSL would have to be their candidate. Who else is worthy of consideration?

Comment

• Not sure of other candidates but when I was watching BU- UIS I thought where was this guy (Soetan) in Knights Hall. Guess our D was a lot better ....... like it was on Saturday.
            Great D performance at Lewis, will need that every game from now on.
            Huge road trip for Knights, need a sweep.

Comment

You are probably right, I haven't seen Thomas in action yet. Just saying the way Soetan played against BU and Indy was POY type "stuff." Since we are talking about POY who else could be considered? I think Jimmie King at Indy should get some consideration. BU and UMSL spread around the wealth so well no one player stands out. I think Cook is the closest to a POY candidate on BU. Rose for UMSL would have to be their candidate. Who else is worthy of consideration?
              You are right with a lot of the top teams this year, very balanced so it's hard to put out just one person in general. Cook at BU has good numbers in a few different categories. Rose from UMSL is a scorer and a stealer but doesn't rank in the top categories in anything else. UMSL is a great example of a team full of second-team all-conference guys. So much balance and so many guys that can hurt you but not that one "star," but that's such a tough out late in the season/postseason because you can compensate if one guy is "off" for a night.

Logan Kohrmann from McKendree is having a solid all-around year.

Comment

• With regard to POY in GLVC, UMSL has 4 or 5 guys that are very impressive. That guy Rose is good, no doubt, but when UMSL played at BU I was really impressed by Wilkins-McCoy (#3). He is listed as 6'5" but with his "wingspan" he plays like a guy 3 or 4 inches taller.

Comment

• Originally posted by TSU_Mike59 View Post

You are right with a lot of the top teams this year, very balanced so it's hard to put out just one person in general. Cook at BU has good numbers in a few different categories. Rose from UMSL is a scorer and a stealer but doesn't rank in the top categories in anything else. UMSL is a great example of a team full of second-team all-conference guys. So much balance and so many guys that can hurt you but not that one "star," but that's such a tough out late in the season/postseason because you can compensate if one guy is "off" for a night.

Logan Kohrmann from McKendree is having a solid all-around year.
                  The more I look at it, I think Thomas is way out in front. If TSU stays up in the standings, there is not much doubt. But if Indy gets past TSU and King continues his play, he may be able to pull it off. Definitely have a better opinion next week when Truman comes to town. Look forward to seeing them play.

Comment

• Its definitely hard for someone on BU's team this year to standout. When no one is averaging over 30 minutes a game, it's hard to get the statistics to stick out. Cook is averaging 16.2 pts and 6.2 rebounds but he only averages 26 minutes a game. If he added another 9 or 10 minutes he could easily be 22-23 pts, and 8-9 rebounds (although to be fair he probably be averaging 3-3.5 turnovers too!)
                    Last edited by KnightStalker; 02-04-2020, 12:05 PM.

Comment

• What a cluster ---- last night was. I don't know what happened to the streaming or even if anybody at W.J. knew it was messed up. Of course their screw up pales in comparison to the Knight's screw up. 26 turnovers for the game, 16 in the second half. This had to be the worst game in Scotty's tenure. Since I couldn't watch it, its hard to even understand how it was possible. What I am most angry about, however, is that i was forced to listen to the worst "play by play" announcing I have ever heard. If Najar reads this site, I am begging you, please call the game and quit refereeing, coaching, and complaining. Listening to him is like standing next to an irritating fan at the game except you don't even get to see the game.

Comment

• Finally someone else complains about the ridiculous play by play call! I can't recall which thing was more irritating last night: 1. the BU turnovers and poor play or 2. the problems with the video screwing up forcing us to just listen to the radio or 3. The nonstop whining by the announcers on the radio. He is not calling the play by play but is instead watching the game and making comments as he watches. How many times did you have to listen to the crowd noise in the background while Najar makes a comment like "Oh no I can't believe it" For goodness sake we have no idea if we can believe or not because you didn't attempt to describe what had just happened. I would vote for option #3 for the most annoying.

Comment

• Originally posted by BGrad1971 View Post
                          Finally someone else complains about the ridiculous play by play call! I can't recall which thing was more irritating last night: 1. the BU turnovers and poor play or 2. the problems with the video screwing up forcing us to just listen to the radio or 3. The nonstop whining by the announcers on the radio. He is not calling the play by play but is instead watching the game and making comments as he watches. How many times did you have to listen to the crowd noise in the background while Najar makes a comment like "Oh no I can't believe it" For goodness sake we have no idea if we can believe or not because you didn't attempt to describe what had just happened. I would vote for option #3 for the most annoying.
                          I got so fed up with the announcing I turned the radio feed off and just followed the play-by-play on the stat site. Even though that is delayed a little bit due to the fact someone has to type it in, it still let's you know what is going on faster than Najar! I know I am starting to sound like a USI poster but last night's debacle has caused some deep distress in me. I mean how am I to go on living with BU playing poorly and having to listen to Najar? (I am exaggerating a bit there fellas, I seriously won't be offing myself like some progressives will do if Trump is reelected!) Please all remaining schools that BU has a road game with, make sure the video feed is working. I don't care if their announcers are some pimply-faced teenaged homer who has never played basketball, it would still beat Najar. Fortunately, I got my tix for home games so I can do my suffering in person without the added pain of listening to him.

Comment

• Yeah, I went to the William Jewel site hoping they had radio streaming, but they did not.

Comment

I got so fed up with the announcing I turned the radio feed off and just followed the play-by-play on the stat site. Even though that is delayed a little bit due to the fact someone has to type it in, it still let's you know what is going on faster than Najar! I know I am starting to sound like a USI poster but last night's debacle has caused some deep distress in me. I mean how am I to go on living with BU playing poorly and having to listen to Najar? (I am exaggerating a bit there fellas, I seriously won't be offing myself like some progressives will do if Trump is reelected!) Please all remaining schools that BU has a road game with, make sure the video feed is working. I don't care if their announcers are some pimply-faced teenaged homer who has never played basketball, it would still beat Najar. Fortunately, I got my tix for home games so I can do my suffering in person without the added pain of listening to him.
                              Yes, us USI fans have been dealing with those play by play issues for decades it seems! One would think after feedback and experience they would get better at play by play announcing. BU appears to be really struggling and has lost their way here lately, very unusual.

Comment

• Knights need to win today to regain some of their old form. On paper Rockhurst should be much better than WJ so it will take a return to earlier form to get the job done. The Knights need to start a new win streak to gain any chance of hosting regional.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X