Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BellarmineGrad View Post
    I haven't had the pleasure of being here for a few weeks. Did I miss anything? Is BU still a lock for the top seed?

Kidding with that last bit -- despite some work insanity and family issues (type B influenza currently ravaging the house), I at least have been keeping up with America's Team(TM) and am disappointed by the bumps in the road, focus lapses, injuries, and opponent "career nights." But, like Smooth, I think we're still not too far off track and that things can be righted.

Needless to say, got to take care of biz this week.
    Still think there is a chance to get #1 seed but would definitely need to win the next 5. Thursday will really be huge. Have to put USI in their place again to secure a place in the regional and to have a shot at the top seed. Real tough game though as Price has seemed to awaken for USI in the last couple of games. When he and Little are into it, USI becomes a really tough out.

Comment

• Ugh. Wish Suggs could've jumped sides and suited up for Bellarmine.

Comment

• When was the last time we gave up 90? Props to Mckendree, nothing game for them and they came to compete but we made it way too easy for them... 8 minutes in 11-11, and they score 83 more in 32 minutes?
        We go 5-0 to start 2nd half and Scotty gets a useless technical *****ing about a walking call three plays before he thought should have been called...... watched the whole exchange, official had walked away, Scotty had to have last word, gave a parting shot, official head snapped around and the T came out. Don't know if it mattered that much but it did not help and gave them a point and put them in bonus one foul earlier.
        #10 did not play in first game........... guess he was the diff.
        Ben Weyer looks off, forget about GLVC, get him healthy for NCAA
        Go Knights!

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Smooth View Post
          When was the last time we gave up 90? Props to Mckendree, nothing game for them and they came to compete but we made it way too easy for them... 8 minutes in 11-11, and they score 83 more in 32 minutes?
          We go 5-0 to start 2nd half and Scotty gets a useless technical *****ing about a walking call three plays before he thought should have been called...... watched the whole exchange, official had walked away, Scotty had to have last word, gave a parting shot, official head snapped around and the T came out. Don't know if it mattered that much but it did not help and gave them a point and put them in bonus one foul earlier.
          #10 did not play in first game........... guess he was the diff.
          Go Knights!
          Um, could the Knights afford another conference loss in the GLVC Tournament? Is an eight loss team secure on Selection Sunday?

Comment

• Originally posted by crazznewt View Post

Um, could the Knights afford another conference loss in the GLVC Tournament? Is an eight loss team secure on Selection Sunday?
            Considering that they will only play ranked teams (which BU is 4-0 against) till at least the final, I don't think a loss in the GLVC will take them out of the regional. Their chances of #1 seed are definitely kaput, although this team has been just as bad at home as on the road so maybe it won't matter. Heck they beat Indy at Indy(who I think has locked up the #1.)

Comment

• Very disheartened by the loss Saturday. McKendree played an excellent game and except for the Hail Mary thrown up by Kohrman with 1 second on the shot clock, all their shots were good open shots. BU did not shut them down at all. It goes to what Moves has commented on many times, the defensive scheme is vulnerable to a good outside shooting team. BU slacks off a lot to help out on the man with the ball and then leaves the outside wide open. If the other team is on that night then we get games like this. I do believe 94 points is the most I have seen by an opposing team in Knights Hall. McKendree deserved it and was just the better team that night.

Comment

Go Knights!
                I think Weyer's condition is the key to this postseason. Alex has shown what an incredible talent he is while carrying this team the past 8 games or so since Ben got injured. But Alex isn't enough to win the next 9 games. Ben has to be healthy and step up. He needs to play in the GLVC tourney to get back his game since the injury. Of course, if he is still in the same condition as he was this past weekend, he should just stay out and rest.

Comment

• Looks to me that the loser of the BU-USI game is out of the NCAA if GVSU does not win the GLIAC tournament.

Comment

• Hats off to all of you. It's been quite a ride the past decade with BU recently stepping into our "archrival" void. You've collectively been some of the best fans on this forum, and I'll miss that. Best of luck to you all in the big leagues! I'm still rooting for GVSU to win, so you may get one more shot at USI... although I'd rather not have to watch you beat us a 3rd time this season!

Comment

• It's been a great run in the GLVC for the Knights and I bet the run will continue in your new D1 conference.

I saw the interview/testimony with Parker Chitty-what a great kid! It seems like that is a great group of guys. I would like to see them with another chance in the regional. .

Comment

• Wow, a 5th seed with first round game against Mich. Tech. UMSL and Truman in the other bracket (of course that leaves Indy in our bracket). That is as good as we could possibly expect. Now if the Knights can just regain some of their early season mojo! Indy is a short drive from Louisville, we can't possibly complain.

Comment

• Wow, not too many happy people in Allendale. #4 to out. I guess we take what is given and don't look back. Would NCAA consider attendance $$$ by participants at the D2 level in making their invites??
                          Go Knights, figure out how to win close games and we could have a path!!

Comment

• Not a complaint, but an observation: Mich Tech is playing as well as anybody. We r definitely underdogs.

Comment

Would NCAA consider attendance $$$ by participants at the D2 level in making their invites??
                              I was wondering the same.

Twelve straight trips to the NCAA Tourney -- currently the longest streak in D-II.

Tech will be a challenge, but I like our draw and certainly cannot complain.

Go Knights!

Comment

• I also was wondering whether the committee was thinking like a college football bowl game committee, both in the choice of Indy as host and which teams are likely to bring busloads of fans.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X