Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alderson Broaddus Basketball

Guess I'll start a new thread for AB round ball too. Go Battlers!

Re: Alderson Broaddus Basketball

Wow, what happened?!?!

Thanks to Clarksburg TV for coming to campus for homecoming coverage for this week. Women's volleyball plays Glenville State on Friday as both are 0-14. With that said, I have good info that there are a lot of problems in the athletic department at Glenville State. I will only say there is some serious internal conflict in the athletic department and it is not pretty.

Exzavier Cooper had a knee injury when he first came back. Not too serious. He did max out at a 42 inch vertical jump in his strength and conditioning test recently. That is pretty good for 6'5"/200 pound. The kid we offered out of SC has a 4.0 GPA. We offered first, but now he has some interest from some D-I academies and prominent academic schools. The schedule is complete and I will get to see the team quite often in this area as we are at Bowie, WAU and Shepherd.

We will have a season preview soon. Very long and touches on every player and position. Deepest team we have had. Most inexperienced team we have had. Cugini is at Notre Dame (OH). He might do alright, but that is one less lazy bone we have to deal with. I do believe that one of our freshman that we brought in, without much hype, will fit exactly into what we do. He is strong and mature for his age and his game is like Lemon but not as athletic. It may take him a year like Lemon did. The future will be bright especially if Davis comes in at the semester and we can land some of the guys we have offered. It does set up well in 2017-18 and 2018-19.

Boston, I got your message and messaged u back. I don't know if u got it with the board getting wiped out. Message me or text me and let me know if u didn't and I will message u again.

Comment

Congrats to the football team on the big road victory last night. I only got to see the first half, but our defense dominated that half. I was glad to wake up and see we won. Glenville has some athletes as I did not even realize Kentre Grier played at Glenville. He went to my high school and was state player of the year two years ago and I know he signed to play at a D-I in North Carolina. Nonetheless, from what I could see, you are starting to see more and more of good recruiting paying off slowly. Greg Talkington was there for the Clarksburg-Exponent. I noticed it was Glenville's best attended home game of the season. I was soooooo glad for Tyler for hitting those two key FGs in the first half. Those were big. He is a Philippi boy and an AB guy IMO. I love his calls on basketball games and he has been very dedicated to do both men and women's games over the years. Two losses.....one to a 7-0 Fairmont team and one to St Joseph's in the terrible mud. I would like to get that St Josephs game back, but that was on us because we had plenty of chances to win that. Greg is one of the better game writers in the state of WV:

http://www.theet.com/sports/local_sp...366f3cead.html

Comment

Both TV stations that cover north-central and central WV were at the game last night and had solid highlight packages. These Thursday games give those stations more man power to be at small college games as compared to Saturdays when there is WVU and some high school events.

WBOY's highlights:

http://www.wvalways.com/clip/1281688...lenville-state

Comment

FWIW, the 8 freshmen have been added to the roster. That roster needs some edits. Mitchell is a junior, Reggie Robinson is Rochester, NY not Virginia. All in all, we are awfully young and inexperienced....3 of the 4 seniors are walk-ons. Lumps will be taken. In a few years, we will administer some lumps. Jonah Cosby is intriguing. Started his high school career at South Charleston and played under the shadow of Brandon Knepper and Kentre Grier. He transferred to GW his senior year and was dominating at the end of the season. He had 23 pts and 14 boards against #1 South Charleston in the sectional championship. He had 25 pts and 6 boards against Beckley in the regional final. He was the MVP of the WV North-South all star game which doesn't mean much other than he dominated with his athletic skills scoring 32 points. A real late-bloomer out of high school who can flat throw the ball down off of misses. He played his senior year for a very good coach in Rick Greene and developed a 3-point shot. Time will tell but this could be an interesting add.

Comment

Make that 9 freshmen. J'Darien Wade, I noticed wasn't on the roster. I checked it out and he will be #24...a redshirt.

Comment

Originally posted by JDonAB92 View Post
              Make that 9 freshmen. J'Darien Wade, I noticed wasn't on the roster. I checked it out and he will be #24...a redshirt.
              That's one of the names I saw missing initially. Glad to see he'll be added.

Comment

Exhibition against Potomac State.
                First half:
                AB 41 - PS 29

Comment

That is encouraging so far only a week in. I didn't think we would fair well in exhibitions. Potomac was 22-5 last year and returns some serious talent at the JUCO level. They beat a lot of the MD JUCOs last season.

Comment

Wade just threw down a monster dunk. Kid has some hops!

Comment

4:31 left in second half. Have to head home.

AB 35 - PS 20

Comment

AB women's preview video is up on the conference website:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOa0SY9kpbg

We did add a transfer in the post. Tatiana Nikitina is a 6'2" player who has one year to play with us. She is from Moscow, Russia and played JUCO ball in the US. Her video is linked below. She does have a nice stroke from outside and doesn't look too bad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJcvhPZiQAQ

I do like Lorin Clark and Jordan Parker at guards. Parker is the best shooter we have had in the last 10 years. Lorin can be real good at times at the point. I know coach brought in a lot of height including two other JUCOs and a decent player from Zanesville, OH.

Comment

If she is 6'2" that was a really tall team she played for and against. Russia grows them big.

Comment

I would say that the 6'2" is legit judging by Fairmont's team photo last year. They have another girl listed at 6'2" and Tatiana is clearly the tallest in that picture. And I remember watching the game with us last year and how much bigger Fairmont was than us. We brought in two other tall JUCOs too to strengthen the inside/out game.

http://fightingfalcons.com/roster.as...26&path=wbball

Comment

Wesleyan wbb drives me crazy. They have great kids, good players, great balance but none over 6 ft. and all are pretty thin. Almost each game they lose it is due to a center or two having a career night against them.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X