Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OK, I finally got stumped: Future College?

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OK, I finally got stumped: Future College?

I pride myself on knowing every university out there, from The Ohio State University to Holy Names ... but I finally got stumped today when I saw that Humboldt State is playing a school called Future College. Never heard of them.

Apparently they are a faith-based college out of Carson, California, that focuses on the sports industry. Interesting. Anyway, they're playing the Lumberjacks in exhibition play. Guessing they're NAIA or the Christian organization of schools that Northwest Christian of Eugene used to play in.

Humboldt schedule:

http://www.hsulumberjacks.com/schedu...x?path=mbball&

Re: OK, I finally got stumped: Future College?

I've never heard of them either. And I, like you, pride myself in knowing schools and their nickname.

I think that Doc Brown is the coach, and Teen Wolf is their best player.

Comment

Ha, Laker -- great picture. Who is their mascot? Like the Teen Wolf reference ... truly one of the worst movies ever.

Got another one for you Laker, I know of this one because I used to live in the town of the school when it was a different name.

Here you go: New Hope College.

Don't know the mascot either ... it's better than being called No Hope College.

Comment

Originally posted by tsull View Post
        Ha, Laker -- great picture. Who is their mascot? Like the Teen Wolf reference ... truly one of the worst movies ever.

Got another one for you Laker, I know of this one because I used to live in the town of the school when it was a different name.

Here you go: New Hope College.

Don't know the mascot either ... it's better than being called No Hope College.
        The Orange Owlz! Cool- I love orange and black. That is what Buffalo Lake was when I was in high school.

The Deacons in Eugene? I had to look it up. Ironically, I had a cousin who used to teach at Hope College in Holland, MI. The Flying Dutch(men). So for a second I thought I actually knew the answer.

I wish someone would write a book on school colors, nicknames and changes. Minnesota State, Nebraska Omaha and Stanford all used to be Indians for example.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post
          The Orange Owlz! Cool- I love orange and black. That is what Buffalo Lake was when I was in high school.

The Deacons in Eugene? I had to look it up. Ironically, I had a cousin who used to teach at Hope College in Holland, MI. The Flying Dutch(men). So for a second I thought I actually knew the answer.

I wish someone would write a book on school colors, nicknames and changes. Minnesota State, Nebraska Omaha and Stanford all used to be Indians for example.
          I actually have a book on mascots and how they originated. I found it at a used bookstore, it's a few decades old and only D-1's are listed. The history of some of that stuff is great, usually teams being named in the early 1900's, often by sportswriters, fans, or students. I'd like to see an updated book on mascots, colors, etc., including schools from all divisions.

Orange Owlz is indeed cool!

Comment

Future college use to be a prep school for kids. Same coaches that ran the prep school run the college

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
            Working...
            X