Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2018 W. Region Final WOU VS CBU

Predictions? Thoughts? Anybody?

Will the Wolves steamroll them like they have everybody else?

Re: 2018 W. Region Final WOU VS CBU

Originally posted by SValukis View Post
    Predictions? Thoughts? Anybody?

Will the Wolves steamroll them like they have everybody else?
    No, they won't steamroll them because they haven't steamrolled anyone yet at the tourney. I went to the first 2 games, unfortunately I had to return to work, will watch tonight on the internet. St. Martin's gave them a battle until late, really dictated tempo until WOU found their outside shot in the second half. WOU was way up on Point Loma and they came roaring back, cutting the score to 4 late in the game. Neither game was a cakewalk for WOU. Why? Everyone is good in this tourney.

I watched the 2nd half of the CBU-APU game, both teams had great talent. CBU's post, Diouf (former Alaska-Anchorage player) would start at every Big Sky school, most of the WAC, and half of the WCC. There's a lot of talent at CBU, anyone could win. APU looked great to me, too, either team could've won that game. Some great talent across the board at regionals.
    Last edited by tsull; 03-12-2018, 08:38 AM.

Comment

Leaving at noon for the 5 hour drive to Monmouth. I'll be in the 1% minority hoping CBU can pull a little upset. It does feel like it's WO's year though. They certainly will be favored to win tonight and if that happens, I wish them the very best in Sioux Falls. One loss, undefeated at home, kudos to all.

Comment

Originally posted by KTodd View Post
        Leaving at noon for the 5 hour drive to Monmouth. I'll be in the 1% minority hoping CBU can pull a little upset. It does feel like it's WO's year though. They certainly will be favored to win tonight and if that happens, I wish them the very best in Sioux Falls. One loss, undefeated at home, kudos to all.
        Have fun, KTodd, should be a great game, I'm predicting it goes down to the wire. I was super impressed by CBU (and APU), great talent. Your son is an excellent player, great floor general. Really should be a great game.

Comment

35-30 at half, WOU no answer to CBU's Diouf and playing stupid, too. Example: WOU backup post J.J. Chirnside is 0-4 from 3 and he keeps jacking them. He's 6-10, go inside, good grief.

Comment

* Sounds like it was a great game. While I was surprised to see that WOU didn't get through on the one hand, on the other not *that* surprised... A lot of other teams saved their best ball for late and although WOU dominated the regular season, it sounds like there was plenty of good competition in Monmouth for them. I am still wondering about the Bouman/Diouf matchup in that game? Boumann was no little guy and thought that maybe this would have been a good matchup. I'll be watching CBU on Tuesday.

* On the women's side... Stump, any info on the women's regional and how that ended up. I'm obviously thrilled to see underdog and GNAC team MSUB in the elite eight. Wondering if you had any info on how it all went down. Saw that only 123 folks came out for the GNAC final of UAA and MSUB. Kind of a bummer there, but I guess these things happen when the home team, let alone a team from anywhere nearby doesn't get through. I'll also probably watch MSUB on Monday as well.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
            Working...
            X