Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Omlid feature from Oregonian/OregonLive.com

Great article here on WOU's Tanner Omlid, very informative. Surprised the previous staff said he wasn't good enough to play at Western ... and I liked the previous staff:

http://www.oregonlive.com/small-coll...ometown_s.html

Re: Omlid feature from Oregonian/OregonLive.com

Nice article. Interesting that he did some fishing on Kodiak growing up. I think we can all appreciate that this will give you some strong hands! I'm thinking with regard to the previous staff not recruiting him-you just can't know everything or guess everything just right as a coach when recruiting... Did you see that Bergeson led the Regis Rangers in the RMAC to their regional semi-final and lost in quadruple OT? He's only been there 3 years and has already put that place on the map in the RMAC and respective region--that's about how long it took him to put WOU on the map too!

Comment

Originally posted by northernGNAChoopfan View Post
      Nice article. Interesting that he did some fishing on Kodiak growing up. I think we can all appreciate that this will give you some strong hands! I'm thinking with regard to the previous staff not recruiting him-you just can't know everything or guess everything just right as a coach when recruiting... Did you see that Bergeson led the Regis Rangers in the RMAC to their regional semi-final and lost in quadruple OT? He's only been there 3 years and has already put that place on the map in the RMAC and respective region--that's about how long it took him to put WOU on the map too!
      Yeah, Omlid's dad or someone in the family is from Alaska. I think he spent a lot of time there growing up. Bergeson is a great coach, but he whiffed on the Omlid rejection big time. He led his prep team (about a mile or two from the WOU campus) to two state titles, could jump out of the gym, probably could play QB in college, and was a great baseball player. His mom also was a good athlete at WOU. There were some guys on Brady's WOU teams that couldn't hold a candle to Omlid. That said, Brady is a great coach and I did see that 4OT loss, wow, what a game! He has rebuilt a bad program. Colorado State would never do it because they think they're better than D2, but Bergeson would be a good hire for them.

Comment

Named to 2 All-American teams.

http://www.oregonlive.com/small-coll...rt_river_index

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
        Working...
        X